1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets in talk with league about DMO

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by No Chance, Dec 12, 2016.

1. AkeemTheDreem86

How many teams in NBA history have had 3 legitimate superstars?

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Really? Been a Rockets fan longer than you have been alive - let's not move the goal posts. You guys can love the Teflon Trader Joe all you like, I find him decent, but not great.

DD

daywalker02 likes this.
  3. Vivi

Vivi Member

I'd add "without being able to tank"

AkeemTheDreem86 likes this.
  4. topfive

topfive CF OG

Poor analogy. Harden agreed to take less to stay with the Thunder. The team wanted to pay him even less than that, so they traded him. Harden didn't walk, he was sent packing.

Zacatecas likes this.
  5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Never mind that the whole 3 superstars to win is silly in the first place.

DD

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

They favored Ibaka and they did wrong. However Ibaka was a nice consolation prize years ago.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Write a letter to Les! Would be good. Don't tell me.

8. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I think your over analyzing this situation.

From what I heard on NBA radio from woj, is that the nets are pissed that they signed him we matched and then renegotiate a whole new deal.

They feel that dmo had already expected there deal and if we didn't want him on their deal dmo should be a Net.

Great players want to play for winning teams with other great players. The rockets are a good team with an MVP caliber player. the superstars always get the max, if we have the money they will come. The way morey has handled this situation is not going to pervent any big time player from coming here.

9. AkeemTheDreem86

You're a Rockets fan in the same way HIV is a fan of T cells.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

This is a reiteration of past events, what they could do is disclose information, proving they have honest intentions as an org.

Sure, we do not know 100 percent what is really going on, but Morey who is usually talkactive has to encounter some major difficulties (maybe player asscociation trouble or legal trouble).

He has been shut up. That is never a good sign.

11. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

It's also never a good sign that BJ "We have rights" Armstrong has also been quiet about this considering he was so vocal the past few weeks. Actually, does he still not know when the pre-season starts or that his client failed a physical back in February that pretty much started the whole "DMo is damaged goods" narrative?

12. AkeemTheDreem86

Not sure I understand what this means.

I've never heard Morey be accused of being talkative, much less talkactive.

34to11 likes this.
  13. Gadd

Gadd Member

Wait, when was this? Are the Nets really involved for this reason?

14. Vivi

Vivi Member

This might be what's going on then...just don't understand why D.Mo is going nut retweeting that Blank garbage...? Is it even possible that he doesn't know what's going on and he thinks the Rockets are trying to screw (for no reason) him?

snowconeman22 likes this.
  15. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

Nobody knows anything but a lot of posters here are making a LOT of stuff up about the whole situation.

Zacatecas and 34to11 like this.
  16. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Maybe he didn't actually listen to that garbage interview with Tyler Johnson. Or maybe he retweeted solely to help Blank get listeners on his new show ... I mean isn't that very common for celebs to help media ppl in exchange for good press?

Not sure why ppl have to over-dramatize a retweet like it's some kind of statement tweet.

17. Gadd

Gadd Member

True. I wonder how long is this gonna get dragged on. Since NBA is involved I would only assume this issue to be solved ASAP, yet here we are waiting..

18. topfive

topfive CF OG

If that's the case, it doesn't mean the Rockets were looking for loopholes or trying to cheat. Morey was simply playing by the rules. If the CBA rules regarding RFAs are problematic, they need to be tightened up and clarified. But as those rules currently exist, it seems that the Rockets did nothing wrong.

AkeemTheDreem86 likes this.
  19. Remlap

Remlap Member

Same 'ol, Same 'ol. Still just a bunch of he said/she said

[​IMG]

20. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

This is what I suspected all along. The problem is that since it is a sensitive issue and the Rocket's knew that the league was getting involved, they probably couldn't or didn't tell DMo exactly what the issue was, so his feelings got hurt because he thought everything was a wrap. That's probably why he was tweeting and retweeting, he didn't know what to think.

But the Rocket's aren't doing anything wrong to DMo, and plan to honor the new contract and have DMo as a team player at least this year; but they have to wait until final league approval or that the issue is resolved with the Nets satisfactorily.