1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Another Dmo conspiracy ( the plot thickens)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by snowconeman22, Dec 7, 2016.

1. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I won't summarize much about what we know of the current situation becuase there have already been several synthesis posts and articles from well informed writers . However I want to craft an alternate picture behind what's going on besides the usual BJ and Dmo are morons narrative . No doubt , BJ likely is a moron and Dmo should find new representation immediately ... So why hasn't he ?

Is Dmo such a fool or so loyal to his agent that he believes that his agent is doing a great job and a 10+ million payday is around the corner ? What about the possibility that Dmo is the stubborn one and is ignoring his agents advice . Both of these scenarios are highly unlikely . From dmo's time here , I believe most posters would agree that he has been nothing but a high character athlete that not only says the right things but follows through with actions.

So once again we are left with the question why has Dmo not ended this personally or changed agents ?

I have a theory but let's first look at some "evidence" . Firstly we at clutchfans know that Dmo is a social media junkie . During his career with the rockets he made Twitter posts with gusto. Even while injured and over this previous summer he continued posting . But in the last few months he has fallen silent . Why ?

This lack of tweeting is certainly on his agencies bequest . They likely don't want Dmo to tweet anything negative as it could hurt his public image and therefore his earning potential .. But is there a more sinister motive behind this ?

Do we even know if Dmo has logged on ? If he has what do you think he would see not just from the last few days but in the months leading up to this standoff . I have no doubt Hundreds if not thousands of rockets fans have urged him to set aside differences and sign with the team . As the situation worsens from he outside there is likely a large contingent of fans that are urging Dmo to fire his agent ( look no further than clutchfans)

So, Dmo would naturally see these fans who he believes have his best interests at heart urging him to change agency .. And we'll BJ wouldn't like that .

Perhaps there is an even darker story here. Maybe @heypartner or @BimaThug can indulge my fantasy and ask the questions I am not able to ( no Twitter ) . Do players sign contracts with their representative agencies ? Are there penalties or repercussions to dropping an agent on short notice ?

Could both the rockets and BJ have Dmo by the balls ?

The theory has been floated here before that BJ is using Dmo as a Guinea pig to try and break the RFA model . In the face of all our evidence that BJ's maneuvering has irrevocably ****ed DMO is this not the least bit plausible ?

So to sum aka TLDR .. We know the rockets have played this by the book , so that means the other party has either grossly miscalculated or is trying to weasel their way out of a mistake .

How much of a hand does DMO himself have in this fiasco ? Or is his agency playing him like a fiddle ?

Yes this is mostly a joke , but considering how stupid you would have to be to get yourself in this situation ... Well I guess I can fathom it , but still man .

2. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Felt like I was reading a creepypasta :eek:

3. HTM

HTM Member

New thread necessary?

Remlap and Balldon'tlie like this.
  4. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Absolutely

5. Voltik

Voltik Member

Interesting...and that's all it is.

6. YallMean

YallMean Member

Pretty long for a conspiracy theory if you ask me.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  7. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Conspiracy theories have to be long and convoluted.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  8. Lunareste

Lunareste Member

THEN WHO WAS PHONE?

snowconeman22 and DudeWah like this.
  9. AkeemOlaDROwon

Dmo is a robot from Westworld. Gotcha.

10. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Aren't conspiracy theories pretty much all long-winded and meandering ? :)

There's some plausibility to this theory at least. D-Mo absolutely is caught in the middle of super-hard negotiators. And we already have the Utah bigger-offer deal spoiler angle, which actually seems more far-out and sinister than a GM using RFA for leverage and agent that wants to change RFA

11. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

@snowconeman22 aka director of the movie Memento. Too deep bro.

p.s - D MO fav strip club thread coming soon. Where does he like to get morey bjs at?

12. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

DD's new theory , BJ is a double agent working for Morey , but Morey actually works for .... Corey Brewer

Remlap likes this.
  13. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

BJ has dmo in a cage in his basement right now.

Easy and snowconeman22 like this.
  14. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

Doesn't look like anything to me.

Ziggy, cdrive and dobro1229 like this.
  15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Nope this is all BJ and his incompetence.

DD

16. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

D-Mo finally gained full consciousness

17. Remlap

Remlap Member

18. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Ooh. Anyone ever wake up and say why did I do that?

19. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

DMo isn't healthy, but he'll be healthy eventually. So what do you do? Make yourself relevant then delay delay delay!!! Result, max value/max health. It's the only thing that makes more sense than "BJ is an idiot" which he might be. That's my theory, he's not actually all that healthy but could look like it very soon.

Reason: He has back issues. They're career threatening. Why not make what you can, while you can?

ParaSolid likes this.
  20. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

We obviously need to raise BJ's bulk apperception to at least a 20 if he has any hope of being a decent agent in the future.