1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Utah offering more money to Dmo

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Dec 6, 2016.

1. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Tinman making me want to hug a rocket fan. **** it get over here bbhollic

vince, TheMystery008 and tinman like this.
  2. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Good discussions happening.

Like it or not BBHolic provides something that makes this site a staple in the game and that's insight and his opinion. Sure there might be disagreements but Holic's commentary would be deeply missed.

hakeem94 likes this.
  3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If cyberx wants to be Paul Revere
    That's a patriotic cause he wants to inform the Clutchfans nation

Cyberx you can ride your horsy and bring a quart of beer

Ride across Clutchfans and kick up sand

Sooner423 and rockpileindisma like this.
  4. rockpileindisma

Lmao it's like watching a dog get the leash wrapped around its legs

DonKnock likes this.
  5. tinman

Supporting Member

The greatest cause is the elimination of all player only fans from Clutchfans

Destroy all fake Rockets fans

Make Clutchfans greatest again

6. BackdoorHarden

Pretty sure that Tinman = Cyberx = DaDakotaDoubleD = DMOFANONLY

Posting on Clutchfans is a full time job for these folks.

I bet they get an alert on their phone when there is a DMO or LIN thread posting

Gorki and hakeem94 like this.
  7. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

I doubt it. Before I put him on ignore, reading his posts were like watching a dog drag its ass across the carpet.

TheMystery008 and DonKnock like this.
  8. tinman

Supporting Member

Player only fans are all the same

Rockets fans especially the 99ers are unique

Arnold told Delores to take out all the fake ass player only fans

9. tinman

Supporting Member

Your job is to shine our shoes boy

Rashmon and Pen15clubber like this.
  10. rocketjunkie

rocketjunkie Member

Not so obvious. How did money collude with Detroit? He made the deal. He wanted the deal to go through. Detroit failing dmo actually cost the rockets a first round pick. Why would he want Detroit to fail dmo on the physical? That just caused the deal to fall apart and money wanted the pick.

pippendagimp likes this.
  11. BackdoorHarden

is that some kind of metaphor???

"shine" = ??? "shoes" = ??? "boy" = ???? "job" = ???

hakeem94 likes this.
  12. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

**** Utah, **** Dmo and **** bj.

13. BackdoorHarden

14. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

RFA is a dirty business!!!

Matthew Delavedova - 4 years/38
    Jordan Clarkson - 4 years/50
    Evan Fournier - 5 years/85
    Andrew Nicholson - 4 years/26
    Festus Ezeli - 2 years/15
    Troy Daniels - 3 years/10
    Myers Leonard - 4 years/41
    Tyler Johnson - 3years/50
    Boban Marjonovich - 3 years/21
    Allen Crabbe - 4 years/75
    Willie Reed - 2 years/2
    Seth Curry - 2 years/5
    Andre Drummond - 5 years/127
    Tim Fraizer - 2 years/4
    Bradley Beal - 5 years/127
    Mo Harkless - 4 years/42
    Miles Plumlee 4 years/40
    Tarik Black - 2 years/12

Kawhi Leonard - 5 years/94
    Kyle Singler - 4 years/19
    Khris Middleton - 5 years/70
    Iman Shumpert - 4 years/40
    Kyle O'Quinn - 4 years/16
    Draymond Green - 5 years/82
    Joe Ingles - 2 years/4
    Enes Kanter - 4 years/70
    Tobias Harris - 4 years/64
    Brandon Jennings - 5 years/70
    Reggie Jackson - 5 years/80
    K.J. McDaniels - 2 years/6.5
    Will Barton - 3 years/11
    Jae Crowder - 5 years/5
    Tristan Thompson - 5 years/82

I don't understand how RFA is a dirty business. The market sets the player's price, and if the player doesn't like it then tough luck. Take the QO or sign a 2 year deal. B.J. Armstrong is not a "smart" agent. For what? Just an average agent that's been trying his luck. Trying to get Motiejunas a long term contract with a large sum? He got Motiejunas 4/31 and had him accept it. That's the best he could do regardless of whatever 3rd party is trying to get him. The sad part is that only 5 million of those 31 million was guaranteed. Essentially a freaking QO. And what happens if Donatas exceeds expectations? He gets stuck with a terrible contract that is massively under paying him. In no world is that considered smart. You know your value is more than that so you still sign it? For what? You know Houston is going to match such a team friendly contract, and all of a sudden you want to back out because there's a better contract you could have gotten? Lets say Motiejunas does get this 3 year 40 million (or whatever) contract and Houston matches it. This is GOOD for Motiejunas because it means A) He got his money and B) No one is going to bench a player making that much because it literally kills their trade value.

If there was such a team offering such an amount then the first thing the agent should do is have Motiejunas sign it. Get your money and then figure everything else out. There are 82 games and injuries happen. Motiejunas would not be riding the bench for the entire season. He could build up his rep again. Become a trade asset. Players get traded all the time. He's willing to play in Brooklyn. Brooklyn. He should be willing to play anywhere

What Armstrong is doing is stupid. He got Motiejunas the best deal he could possibly get, but he waited long enough for a team to get desperate because one of their starters is out with in an injury. It's not complicated. Don't sign with the Nets if you know there's a chance Utah may offer you a contract very soon. Why do you take the Nets contract if you have no intention of keeping it. Tell Brooklyn, "Hey, nice(shitty) offer, but there's a 3rd team that may offer me more! I'll wait for that team!" If I'm D-mo and I have all these supposedly lucrative offers lined up for me I'm not sweating if Brooklyn says, "You take our offer or the offer is off the table." I'd be like, "Sure, bud ha! Don't you know the insiders on CF have me making 4/60. I'm not sweating over 4/37! Not even sure why I'd sign 4/37 since it's obviously below my perceived value!" [This is how you know Holic is a fake.]

This is what happened. Armstrong and D-mo didn't like the QO and original offer from the Rockets which is TOTALY fair. Don't sign a deal you don't want to sign! If you feel or know you can get better then go get a better deal! The problem is that they didn't go get a better deal! They got 4/37 and playing time for the Nets, but possibly 4/31 with the Rockets and a struggle for playing time. That's not a good deal no matter how you slice it! But guess what. NO ONE else is offering D-Mo anything, so they panicked. Sure, beforehand they probably talked to over half the league about a deal, and some teams probably did have better offers spoken about. Team A probably said back in July, "depending on how the off-season turns out, we might think about a offer of 3 years and around 29 million." Team A probably ended up going elsewhere. Is that D-mo's or Armstrong's fault? No. Is that Morey being dirty because he didn't offer the same thing? Nope. Why would he bid against himself? It's not dirty. It's business. So Team A never came back around to offering what D-mo wanted., Houston offers something that Dmo and BJ disagree with and we have this long ass dance. The offer ends up being pulled, and now NO team wanted D-mo for what D-Mo wanted. Brooklyn and Utah come over, and Brooklyn is like "well, it's worth a shot." Utah thinks about it, but doesn't go all in. Brooklyn ends up giving D-Mo the very bad contract of 4/37 and D-mo and Armstrong take it. Because there was no better offer. They take what they can get.

All of a sudden Utah comes and says, "well, wait we wanted you we just needed some time. Here's our offer. 2/23 or whatever" Armstrong and D-mo then try to find a loophole in the RFA process because they want the much much better offer from Utah. This is where we are. This isn't some elaborate scheme played out by Armstrong and Dmo from the very beginning. Perhaps they knew this was a possibility right when Brooklyn put in the offer, but since July 1st? No way Armstrong orchestrated all this. Not even from Nov. 23rd could this planned. The very earliest would have been last week when talks came up about Brooklyn preparing to offer a contract. and at most it could have been a "What if Utah gives us a better offer after I sign with Brooklyn?" "Don't worry. I'll find a loop hole."

This fake insider crap is dumb.

Rashmon, vince, majicdonjuan and 3 others like this.
  15. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Yea never really heard this phrase out of someone who wasn't ws

16. tinman

Supporting Member

Shoe shining is still around .
    And judging from this player only fans posts
    He's a boy
    Or maybe a chicken

17. tinman

Supporting Member

There is no greater cause on Clutchfans than the elimination of all player only fans

Doesn't matter if its DMO, Lin, Harden, Tmac, none of these players will be greater than the entity known as the Rockets

my biggest mistake was to think of them as people, they are brainless hosts in this park of Clutch City

18. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Tell the people on those Lithuanian boards that if Rockets fail him on physical, then his offer sheet with the Nets immediately becomes a contract, and he starts playing for Brooklyn.

I don't see how that screws him. At that point, only BKN can screw him by not playing him.

TheMystery008 likes this.
  19. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

You're back Clutchfans, back to the 2012 glory days. /s

20. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

I would rather him go to Brooklyn than Utah, that's for sure.