1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Utah offering more money to Dmo

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Dec 6, 2016.

1. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

He sounds like a real *******, man. I mean, its one thing to give your opinion on stuff and make a case, right or wrong is no big deal. But this guy seems like a major douche. I bet he would fit right in with Dmo and BJ, who are also being major douches right now.

DatRocketFan and FANfrom86toNow like this.
  2. rocketjunkie

rocketjunkie Member

Ok I'll bite. why is it so important for dmo that the physical be waived? Didn't he already just pass a physical with the Nets? Presumably he'd pass the rockets physical anyway. If the rockets waived it, they own his ass, and can always point to the nets physical that everyone knows occurred. So I don't understand why it is so important that the physical be waived. Is he afraid he won't pass? Or are you saying there was never a physical required by the nets?

3. basketballholic

Typical high school response when you don't know what's going on, can't understand it, and aren't willing to look at a problem from a different perspective than what your little brain wants to be the case.

4. rockpileindisma

Holding it down for the rockets in various Jeremy Lin as a... Threads. Basically a full time job. I'm sure he will sniff around if someone brings up Tracy mcgrady

11Rox4Life3 likes this.
  5. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Now that it's been revealed that Utah is the tampering party, that gives us all the more reason to hold DMo hostage. We CANNOT let him go to a team that is our rival and potential first round opponent. As much as you can project things this early on, if we are likely for the fourth seed, then they are likely for the five, or vice versa. We have even more incentive not to let him sign there, no matter the terms of the contract.

slothy420 and DonKnock like this.
  6. DMO (DJ remix)

Some interesting speculations from Lithuanian site: again, all of this speculations: Dmo never liked to be send around from D-League to NBA, back and forth, he was screwed not only by Pistons, but by Rockets as well, when the medical by Pistons was failed because the Rockets had some sort of agreement with Pistons to intentionally lower his value, he has made plenty of enemies within Rockets organization (not just Morey for ex.). Given that he passed Nets medical that's why Jazz interest became much more, also he doesn't want to do medical for Rockets because they would fail him (not necessary for his back problems, so to screw him even further).

No clue if any of this holds any water, just postin what I've read.

mikol13 and hakeem94 like this.
  7. basketballholic

Posters galore were saying the same thing when he didn't sign the QO. They were wrong then. They're wrong now.

8. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

wtf dissing high school like that, high school is where I got my first bj Armstrong

MrSabotage likes this.
  9. rockpileindisma

This thread is lit right now. How many y'all mofos be refreshing the **** out of this **** while bbhollic goes 12 rounds?

10. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

To borrow a parlance from @Tha_Dude, that's just like your opinion man.

DMo hasn't earned a dollar this year, and is looking at an uphill battle to even enter the regular rotation of the team now. I don't think you can say anyone is "wrong" yet

Tha_Dude likes this.
  11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Except that DMo himself asked to go to the D-league to gets some playing time his rookie year.

DD

Vivi, heypartner and DMO (DJ remix) like this.
  12. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Mr. Trump - is that you?

Yule c BIGLY

13. DMO (DJ remix)

because he wasn't getting any PT as a Rocket? ;o Anyway, i'm pretty sure there's more to this than what most of us know.

14. basketballholic

Because Morey added that stipulation and DMo has reason to believe that Morey colluded with Detroit to lower his free agent value and limit his suitors. Isn't that obvious? There's been a lot of talk and responses that you're not privy to over the summer. But you should be able to tell easily that DMo has lost confidence, not only in Detroit and SVG, but also Morey and the rest of the league.

I'll say it again. Restricted free agency is a dirty business.

Everything I'm saying here I'd obvious. Don't have to be an insider or genius to be able to see what's happening here.

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

Well, you don't have to be a dick about it man. Give your thoughts on it and try to be cool to people and then everyone will respond in kind. And stop with your tinfoil hat conspiracy theories, man. For christ sakes the league doesn't hate Dmo nor are sports trainers or General managers trying to reduce his value by failing his physicals. You understand how ridiculous that is? Every other restricted free agent is signed right now, except for Dmo. Fkn A man.

16. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Bbhollic always tries to hijack the cyberx threads. It's like the guys that try to handout their mix tapes at 50 cent concerts

17. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Love your work

18. basketballholic

Posters that are cussing and calling posters dicks, etc. are the dicks. Talk basketball and quit the high school trash.

What pisses you off is that junk don't rattle me.

DMo is going to get his money. And when he does a bunch of people will be calling him a dick, etc. Reminds me of the recent election. When you explain to people that what they want ain't happening, they scream, cuss, and fight. That's what you guys are doing. This thing ain't going how you want it to go so you throw a tantrum and cuss and condemn anybody that tries to explain to you the obvious. You're just digging your own grave in frustration cemetery.

#418 basketballholic, Dec 6, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2016
    hakeem94 likes this.
  19. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

So from what I understand

BJ had two offers him and Dmo liked - Nets and Jazz

Nets offered guaranteed playing time and large role, Jazz offered most money but having Favors, Gobert, Lyles etc means no guaranteed role.

Nets were his first choice, Jazz second. Rockets matched Nets offered, now that large role is off the table he wants the offer with the most money(Jazz).

His plan was to see if he could get his first choice, and if Rockets matched he always planned on voiding the contract by not taking physical, so he could just go back to RFA and sign with Jazz. The gets him money and he either gets matched or not. Basically planned on going through two offers if he didn't get his first choice.

The thing that throws a wrench in all of this, is if Rockets don't let Dmo go back to RFA, by either waiving his physical or suspending him until he takes it etc. I think it's an extremely arrogant Dbag move of Dmo and BJ to expect that they will just go through two offers like okay and he isn't voiding a contract. Dmo should have just signed with the Jazz if they expected Rockets to match. I hope Rockets and or league crack down on this effort by them.

Rockets should either sign Dmo to Nets deal, or hold in limbo without pay until he does. That seems fair.

BJ's fault for not anticipating Rockets would match, BJ's fault for not seeing ahead and taking the Jazz's offer instead of thinking he's going to play the Rockets and go through two offers. BJ's fault for having Dmo sign a deal with the Nets that isn't a guaranteed deal and has all of these incentives Rockets don't have to match.

#419 ThatBoyNick, Dec 6, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2016
    sfayner likes this.
  20. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

So DMo signed an offer with New Jersey because they'd already passed him on the physical and put in incentives to the deal in order to mitigate any risk. Morey has the right to match the offer, insist on a physical, and remove any incentives? Sounds like "BJ" doesn't know what he's doing if he didn't know Morey had the right to make those changes. Or BJ did know and never had any intention of honoring the contract his client signed. Hard ball on both sides it looks like. The problem is that to Morey it's just money and cap space, to DMo it's his whole career. Rockets are going to piss off a player either way now. It's just bad business.

hakeem94 likes this.