1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Utah offering more money to Dmo

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Dec 6, 2016.

1. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

If he doesn't pass our physical, and our Drs. know more precisely what to look for, then other teams will hold him to a higher degree of scrutiny. If a possible Jazz offer is out there, they might require a physical too, now they're out in the cold again.

2. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

I agree , fine him up till March when it's the teams decision to continue the deal. Then cut him

What great long term deal could BJ dream up after such a tarnished image. Back issues, team distraction, insubordination. Go get your multi year deal DMo.

FANfrom86toNow likes this.
  3. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

If he submits to a physical I'm pretty sure if we fail him he isn't an RFA anymore and the contract he signed with the nets is his contract .

I think unless something drastic happens and the rockets blink he is either a Net or a Rocket until March .

I think he can hold out till march and then he becomes an RFA . But if he takes his physical here then the only other place he could go is the Nets

4. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Bbholic for the 15th time forgets to log out and use one of his other usernames

Richie_Rich likes this.
  5. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

If he can't pass the physical, forget Jazz or Nets. He's career is pretty much done. How's the holdout gonna help him?

6. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Only after that he would be an UFA so even with the tarnished reputation some team may take a gamble on him .

It would definitely hurt Dmo , but the rockets would also probably be giving him more money than we can fine back from him due to the 5 mil guaranteed in the contract. Also we would only have till January becuase if we don't waive him by then the entire first year becomes fully guaranteed so it would be 8.3 million or something like that .

From now to January I doubt we could fine him close to 5 mil dollars and he would be an UFA in Jan . Dmo wild love that outcome

7. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

I think him being a Net is a scenario that we are ok with.

It's becoming a Jazz we don't want

8. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

I think Nets weren't requiring one

9. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I think it's more of "forgot which username was on the iPad or the Dell or the Kindle".

10. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I get what you are saying , but he still has to take the damn physical for that to happen hahaha. Technically we said we preferred him here vs the nets when we matched

11. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

If he doesn't take the physical, we hold him til March 1 and try to make sure no one can get him on their playoff roster.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  12. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I haven't read the last 15 or so pages

Is _holic twisting the story again to say that he knew this would happen all along?

_holic is the only dude who can be always wrong and yet always right

BigMaloe and BonziWellsGOAT like this.
  13. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Hollic is MIA as per usual when he is wrong . He's prolly tearfully jerking off to Dmo highlights .

Wait nvm I think I have him on ignore .

14. BackdoorHarden

I don't get this post. Didn't he already sign the contract with the Nets? And matched by the Rockets?

So why does it matter if the Jazz offers more money? Didn't he already sign a contract?

Can a player sign 2 contracts and play for 2 teams??? I DON"T GET THIS POST

15. basketballholic

Except.....DMo can walk in on Feb. 24th and take the physical and if he passes then we can't trade him all the way through next season.......hmmmmmmm.

Do you think Morey knows this? Why sure. Do you think he lets it happen? Why no. At some point before a year before next year's trade deadline, Morey will decide whether to waive the physical or to put DMo back in the restricted free agency pool and deal with matching another offer.

I can't believe nobody has been curious about there being a player option on the fourth season of this deal. Nobody.

16. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

BJ Armstrong has forgotten the rules of free agency apparently

#356 J Sizzle, Dec 6, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2016
    DonKnock likes this.
  17. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Sources: Utah cannot offer DMo a contract once he is already signed by another team.

(Source- common sense)

Face it folks, Cyber is a fraud!

18. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

NBA.com reported that DMo is indeed holding out in hopes of getting a bigger offer from another team

Since he can no longer resign with Brooklyn, another team must be in play, whether allowed or not.

19. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

You'll see

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Sam, Aren't you a lawyer?

Do you understand all the machinations here?

Contract matching, but not incentives, Rockets requiring a physical - but DMo not showing up, offer allegedly expiring in March?

This is crazy...never seen anything like it.

DD