1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DMo a no-show to today's physical

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by joshuaao, Dec 6, 2016.

1. OldYelllowDog

OldYelllowDog Contributing Member

Mr. Motiejunas, how did your 6pm meeting go? Any news you want to share?

DonKnock likes this.
  2. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Take the physical already Dmo. Good grief, if you're healthy there shouldn't be any freaking problem.

3. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

If BJ knew there was a more attractive offer, why sign the first one? You bind yourself to it once you sign it. Isn't this basic contract law? Offer and acceptance? By matching, did the rockets somehow release DMO from the offer sheet / contract?

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'd be surprised if he doesn't show up tomorrow to take the physical, things can get a LOT worse for him if he doesn't.

Htownballer38 likes this.
  5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Oooh, look out we got an internet baddy here.

DD

6. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

DonKnock likes this.
  7. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

TLDR recap of today's ENTIRE Dmo saga up until this point, please? I really don't wanna dig through all these Dmo threads for full context.

8. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Trust me , you want to dig

9. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Oh yeah?

Its like you are supposing to go to the new job today and then you decided 'wait, let me think this over because I may find another one that can pay me better', I am sure everyone will be so excited to see you when you eventually showing up the next day to that office.

10. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Having to be humble and admit your mistake and work hard to try and gain back respect and trust isn't so bad .... When you are making 8 million dollars .

The alternative is that he can keep some sense of pride while making nothing .

11. gotsis

gotsis Member

The sad thing is that most of the possible scenarios seem to include BJ screwing DMO over by using him to push forward a personal agenda or for simply doing a horrible job.

Or DMO is still offended by the Detroit trade, in that case, he should have just been straightforward.

12. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

But first,

you need to think about some very good reasons to explain to a rich old fark whose having a beautiful house in Florida just because most rich old farks have one too, about why do you want to humiliate him publicly and how do you even sure that he will give you 30 seconds of time to explain.

13. opticon

opticon Member

A Interesting tidbit ESPN mentioned is that the offer sheet would expire in March. Morey thought he was slick by requiring a physical as part of the right of first refusal, all he did was give Dmo an avenue to hold out. If he would have waived the physical there would have been no way for him to hold out with out having to actually pay the Rockets money. There is a big difference between missing out money you could have earned and being fined actual dollars you have to pay.

The only way to undue the current right of first refusal is to withdraw it which makes Dmo a free agent. If the rockets don't waive the physical Dmo is going to end up in restricted fee agency again in 2017.

That is where this is headed. I think this whole situation is dumb, but I will say this Dmo has some brass balls.

I really Think Dmo will not report for the 31 mil match.

I bet Bj is telling Morey," Pull the current right of first or don't call use again till March.

14. gambingo

gambingo Member

Had a feeling he didn't want to be here any longer after that failed trade to Detroit last season.

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He can show up tomorrow and it's no harm no foul because he's allowed 2 days to get the physical done, he skips tomorrow.....that's when the consequences start.

16. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

Few hours go by, OH **** I FORGOT TO CHECK CLUTCHFANS..please be over....and....

asik pt 2

17. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

So whatever his agent said today (per Yahoo vertical) regarding: we do not want to report to the Rockets and have no desire to play for the Rockets will not count for anything at all?

Or you are going to play the 'oh shlt my agent got hacked' card?

FANfrom86toNow likes this.
  18. opticon

opticon Member

There are no consequences for Dmo at this point other than not getting credit for this year as an Nba player and lost wages he could have earned.
    Thats it. He can't fined due to how More crafted the right of first refusal had to add in the medical exam. He did not have to do that. That was the choices of the rockets, be giving the team an out he gave Dmo a out as well.

19. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Who said it's illegal or not.

Larry Coon says as soon as the Rockets sent the league office a First Right of Refusal Notice to match the offer sheet, DMo "for all intents and pursposes" is under contract to perform. The starts the moment the First Right of Refusal notice arrives at the league office, not when DMo finally signs his Rockets contract. Coon further says he is now essential failing to comply with league rules by not showing up, such that "the Rockets have all the rules related to player discipline for failure to report at their disposal"

FANfrom86toNow and RasaqBoi like this.
  20. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

Thats it. He wont earn seven to nine million, he will be another year older with a bad back, and one of the footnotes in modern nba history to have a contract and refuse to play. In the words of donuts: Me fearless champion. BJ champion. Me follow Jordan partner no matter where he lead me. I play in China for $100 per day if I have too".

RudyTBag likes this.