1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DMo a no-show to today's physical

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by joshuaao, Dec 6, 2016.

1. Sooner423

Sooner423 Member

Vomit. This reads like one of those shitty facebook memes. "If you can't love me at my worst, you don't deserve me at my best."

DonKnock and rockpileindisma like this.
  2. rockpileindisma

Broke back biatch

Pen15clubber likes this.
  3. rockpileindisma

Dmo the Instagram slut

4. {icebox425}

{icebox425} Member

So disappointed in D-Mo. Can't tell if he's trying to nix the deal so he can sign for more with Utah in the hope we'll match that, or genuinely trying to go elsewhere.

Either way, we have him by the balls. Keep it that way until he either comes to his senses or leaves the NBA. I have a feeling Morey has a nasty side to him if you try to screw him, he needs to stick to his guns. In the immortal words of Pop "I want to see some nasty"

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  5. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

6. abaker28

abaker28 Member

Is the Utah offer legit? And if so, how did that happen?
    Surely Utah didn't give the offer AFTER Brooklyn's offer was matched by Rockets.
    So is it a case of DMo's agent BJ forgetting to read his emails or phone messages and realising after the Rockets matched that there were other offers?

7. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Wonder if D-Mo can throw BJ under the bus and say that his agent didn't act in his best interest, therefore everything that he had signed has been void. This way he can sign a new deal with Utah. Of course BJ is the one who's career is over but at least D-Mo gets what he wants.

8. underrated015

underrated015 Member

Trade Dmo to Utah for Diaw.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  9. Remlap

Remlap Member

Can't see how you can nix a done deal for a better one just by hanging it on your agent.
    You hired him to represent you. For better or worse.
    In this case. . . . . . worse

If you could do that we would have dumped Joe Biden long ago for a REAL VP :p

10. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

This doesn't sound good. Sounds like someone knows he's doing something bad he shouldn't have done to you and say, "Don't hate me for that!"

11. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Member

Is 2016 like the worst ****ing year of all time? Wtf.

Seriously. Wtf is going on.

daywalker02 likes this.
  12. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

What is a quotes bay dmo though

13. cdrive

cdrive Member

This was tweeted 10/21/16....not a recent tweet. Still though, tweet is dumb.

14. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Member

Its his self-anointed title.

"Quotes Bae" D-Mo.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  15. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

We Rockets fans will care. If he is trying to screw us, he will forever be seen as Scottie Pippen v.2.0.

heypartner and KDavis like this.
  16. opticon

opticon Member

The question I don't hear any one asking is what happens to the value of the contract if the rockets waive the medical exam.
    The rockets conditioned the right of first refusal to include a physical. They did not HAVE to do that, per Larry Coon http://cbafaq.com/blog/?p=381. I wonder if there is financial gain by the rockets requiring the physical?

If the Rockets waived the physical, Dmo would have to report or else he would be fined and unable to play basketball any were till he was waived or the contract ran its course.

As Jalen Rose likes to say follow the money.

17. bmd

bmd Member

I'm thinking this has something to do with his physical. Could there be something in his contract about if he has health issues that the Rockets can lower his salary or something? Maybe he wants more protection of some sort and he feels like he could get screwed. I'm just speculating. Could also be the reason why BJ said something about D-Mo's "rights".

18. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Dmo...aka "quotes bae"

RedRedemption likes this.
  19. Nivos

Nivos Member

This is long a go a war between BJ to Morey. D-mo got played by both sides here.
    No way Morey let another Asik sad-face-refusing-to-report- murmurs go by him a second time.
    We will make a case out of D-mo as a 'Dont try me again' to all agents out there.
    The poor guy is ruined

20. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

**** you 2016.

RedRedemption likes this.