1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DMo a no-show to today's physical

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by joshuaao, Dec 6, 2016.

1. RESINator

RESINator Member

Moreys got dmo by the balls

2. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

Correct, in this case it is pending a physical since there are health questions, but in most cases the physical is just a formality.

For all intents and purposes, the player is under contract to the team that matched.

If this wasn't the case, the whole tampering angle some are bringing up would have no basis as tampering is only a thing when the player in question is under contract.

3. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I cant defend this guy anymore. this action screams diva and i know thats not DMos style. hes being advised by a moron.

Pen15clubber and TheMystery008 like this.
  4. elainas

elainas Member

Just for the reference you won't pursuit for better job with example guarantee 23M+ instead of 5M when you choosing new job

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

No, I already said Morey should play hardball - I am just saying that in any contract situation I understand why they are doing it, and this happens all the time in the biz world - sometimes you have to go to court - and other times you just walk away....

Unfortunately you can't walk away from an asset you control in DMo....I think he will be forced to play here....and I honestly think he will be fine.

DD

6. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

What a diva!?

So much for playing your heart out no matter which team gets you.

If he is going to play mindless games then let him be.

No need for him to be here if he is going to act like that.

7. Louka

Louka Contributing Member

not sure you know what's going on lol

Pen15clubber likes this.
  8. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Its darn frustrating to finally have a coach like MDA who knows how to exploit DMOs unique offensive skill set and yet he won't sign. DMO would flourish big time under MDA and yet he looks as if he's hurt by the Rockets signing Anderson to a big contract and giving him the starting role.

9. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Not just the player, but the BeeJay should get banned from repping NBA players

Pen15clubber likes this.
  10. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

11. RightTooCensor

12. Kiddsir

Kiddsir Member

well , the cost of let it go or keep fighting is not a priority job.
    Morey have to decide when is the best time to make a risk control.

13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

What the hell is the man thinking? There better be a damned good explanation for this.

14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

snowconeman22 and Deuce like this.
  15. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

I really don't think the Nets would have made the offer without getting a clean bill of health from his back. It's just my opinion and agree with you to a certain extent his back may give him problems again at some point down line in his career.

16. JCDenton

JCDenton Member

If it's true that Utah made an offer after D-Mo went under contract, the Rockets could have a very solid tortious interference with contract claim against Utah. I've litigated several of those cases. I wonder if there is anything in the league rules that prevents teams from suing each other.

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

BTW- Remember what Utah did to sign Boozer from Cleveland? They are pretty shady.....can't blame them for trying.

Agree with Cyber this is just a business negotiation and most of us are fans that have our hearts into it....it will get worked out, and in a few months no one will care.

DD

18. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Sorry....I blame anyone who wants to renege on a deal they agreed to when the party they agreed with is playing by the rules. It shows an incredible lack of integrity on the part of DMo. While his agent may be acting like a douche, DMo doesn't have to play along.

BMoney likes this.
  19. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

I agree, you want to play hardball you should call him on him and not pay him.

20. YallMean

YallMean Member

I am tired of this BS. First, this could have been done off-season. Second, why couldn't they get the Utah offer earlier on the table for us to consider. Too much of a distraction for a guy Morey thought there was no place for him on this team. Just let him go to Utah.