1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DMo a no-show to today's physical

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by joshuaao, Dec 6, 2016.

1. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Like i said, we should just part ways with Dmo. He already got emotionally hurt from Morey trying to trade him so even if he plays on this team, he's not going to give his 100%. Also his agent has deluded him thinking he deserves a huge contract..

waytookrzy079 likes this.
  2. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

Lol, some serious irony here.

He's not even playing checkers.

[​IMG]

3. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

I don't think it's fair the Rockets only have these two options. They should be able to trade him sooner than originally agreed since he isn't following through on his end.

If the Rockets are going to lose him anyway, keep him and fine him until he's able to be traded

4. alethios

alethios Member

DMo and BJ weren't happy with the number of DMo threads - they wanted more.

5. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Detroits #18 pick looks dramatically better now. The failed Detroit trade really and truly failed all the way around.

6. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Wait...you don't blame him for trying to get a better offer AFTER the fact, especially when he is part of an association that collectively bargained for these rules? You're a business man (or have been) - correct? If you have a signed deal with a vendor and then they try to renege for a better deal - you are/were OK with that?

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  7. dc1985

dc1985 Member

No way should we release him back into RFA. We either fine him until he shows then have him sit the bench for a while. Or keep extending his reporting time and wait him out.

Theoretically couldn't we waive the physical then just suspend him without pay for conduct detrimental to the team. Then void the contract after the year? If so that's the route I go. We got to send a message here. We don't need Dmo. Let him rot.

roslolian likes this.
  8. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

I still don't understand, is a signed offer sheet a signed contract? Thought someone said it's not, ie how can they fine him if he's not under contract?

I really hope this is all BJ and not Dmo. I really really wanted him to return to this team, which is playing much better than I thought they would this early in the year -- with a tough road schedule to boot.

I don't fault Dmo for sticking it out, risking money on the table for a better offer. But you're in the NBA. You've already committed to the rules of the NBA and the NBA free agency (RFA/FA) rules. You signed an offer sheet. You can't renege because you heard someone else was offering more. You accepted their offer, now you should have to live with the consequences.

This is costing me personally. I was really productive at work this morning until I got the notice and now I can't get off CF...lol

9. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

SIgning an offer sheet is signing a contract, when the Rockets agreed to match it the contract became official but with the Rockets instead of the Nets.

Kevooooo likes this.
  10. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Never underestimate DD's irrationality for role players he develops hard ons for.

jump shooter likes this.
  11. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

The primary reason I was against matching DMo - figured there would be hard feelings and could potentially cause chemistry issues.. I like him as a player and thought he could bring value to this team, but that ship has sailed. Dont think this relationship can be fixed.

DonKnock likes this.
  12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Or rather, it can be considered official. Right now it's not considered official, it's considered pending the results of a physical if I'm not mistaken. They could simply waive the physical and consider it a done deal though

13. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

No...Yule C

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  14. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

I will now hold a grudge against anything Lithuanian! Should I ever need minerals or machinery, I sure as hell won't look towards those scumbags!! :p

15. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Half-assing it only hurts his career.

16. roslolian

roslolian Member

Wow totally was not expecting this, what is his agent thinking? If they didnt want to play for the rox they should have informed them immediately, this is pretty dumb first dmo sits out now he's not reporting to the team? Lol Rox should play hard ball and just fine him everyday he doesnt show up.

17. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Starting to really believe this dudes back is seriously ****ed up and he knows it so he's trying to get everything he can now

18. jump shooter

It's looking as if DMO flat out does not want to play for the rockets period and may go the distance to get out of coming back.

19. jump shooter

He apparently passed the Brooklyn physical with no problem and received a contract offer there after.

20. ksny15

ksny15 Member

That doesn't mean his back is fine. I would withhold information about how I'm feeling for millions of dollars and a career.