1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DMo a no-show to today's physical

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by joshuaao, Dec 6, 2016.

1. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

Sorry.
    Yes you're right his decision but when your agent is telling you it's a bad deal you tend to listen bc you would think he/she has the right intention for you or knows what they are doing. In this case his agent seems to be feeding him a bunch of bs and clearly doesn't understand how much this could affect dmo long term.

glenadyll likes this.
  2. apollo33

apollo33 Member

There must be something still wrong with his back, he wants the physical waived so badly

I'm over him at this point. readdy to off myself

3. malakas

malakas Member

Restricted free agency as well as draft is completely unfair to players. That's why Europe will never allow this system in any sport. It's against the players rights. However this is the standard right now with the CBA and if he doesn't want to abide by the rules he can go play in another league.

4. motleydeflep6

motleydeflep6 Member

Didn't asik throw a tantrum his last year with us? His agent is Armstrong as well

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. mightybosstone

Well, I have no clue what the Rockets are going to do now. But one thing is becoming increasingly likely—I think the chances of DMo ever wearing a Rockets jersey again are pretty much slim to none.

6. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I don't know who this guy is, but I think he's legit.

7. Bravoexo

Bravoexo Member

Could be laying a precedent in current CBA negotiations.

Rocket River likes this.
  8. ipa

ipa Member

So I've gone through 12 pages and DD is a no show?

Is he making a statement also?

9. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

That's when you get a 2nd opinion first, just like with doctors.

10. 13 in 33

13 in 33 Member

**** BJ Armstrong! D-Mo needs to fire him and save his career!

Skip the physical return to the previous situation where the leverage was ZERO??? Terrible advice.

11. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Also, is anyone else amused at the constant reference to BJ in these posts or is that just me?

[​IMG]

gotsis, jbasket, Jayzers_100 and 7 others like this.
  12. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

lol

13. JJWhat?

JJWhat? Member

Holly **** I've read every single comment in here but new ones keep showing up. My 2 cents:

Just like the Rockets waited for the last second to match, DMo might be waiting for the last second to show up for medical (he has 2 days, yet Rockets scheduled it less than 24 hours after matching)

14. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

This is what I'm wondering.

BMoney likes this.
  15. chenjy9

Supporting Member

Wonder if he will put a chair against the door. :D

16. Gadd

Gadd Member

He passed the physical in Brooklyn, so that's not the case.

Snow Villiers, JJWhat? and CisBuds4U like this.
  17. Buzzlite

Buzzlite Member

This may be the Dumbest Saga I've ever witnessed in the NBA...What in the world are these two doing and in what way is it constructive for anyone? Smh

18. jim1961

jim1961 Member

How do we know BJ is behind all this? How do we know that BJ isnt just doing exactly what DMO tells him? On the surface, it sounds like to me that DMO has just decided the Rockets have treated him wrong and has decided not to play for them no matter the cost.

19. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

What a total jackass and dick move. DMo doesn't deserve the Rockets. There is nothing wrong with wanting to make more money, but good to great players also want to play for winning teams. This dude would rather go to the shitty Nets to try to put up more numbers to make more money, than trying to fit into the Rockets, where he still could put up good numbers and get a bigger contract eventually.

But he played himself because that contract sucks no matter what team he is on. If he plays really good, he is 4 years from getting a bigger payday. If he sucks, he would have been out of the league, or on a minimum salary to try to prove himself again. So with those options, he chooses to not show up for the Rockets? STUPIDDDDDDDDDDDD.

Even if the Rockets released him and he went to the Nets (if that's even possible now, don't think it is), he would be stuck on a horrible team and not get a payday; or worse get hurt, can't perform and get released never to see another NBA contract. I simply don't see how he wins this now unless he fires BJ, kisses the Rocket's ass, and comes back here hoping that MDA, Morey and Less will forgive him. He has NO LEVERAGE anymore at all.

adw likes this.
  20. chenjy9

Supporting Member

That honestly doesn't mean anything beyond passing standardized tests.