1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Women with dude's haircuts

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Two Sandwiches, Dec 3, 2016.

1. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I agree that you have to be really pretty to pull off the boy haircut and they generally look better with longer hair anyways. Halle Berry is better with the short cut though.

2. Caesar

Caesar Member

Beautiful people can pull off any look. Buzzed head? No problem. Boy cut/dixie cut? No problem. Covered in tattoos? No problem. Same with handsome men/models. Man bun? Shaved head? Pompadour? Undercut? Clean shaven? 5o'clock shadow? Gigantic beard? No problem.

It's all of us plebs that see it look great on them and think we can do it too. I remember when i tried the undercut b/c i wanted to look like David Beckham or Jimmy Darmody. I looked like an idiot. I'm not some pretty white guy with thin straight hair and a long face and perfectly round head. I have different texture hair, thick, curly. A short round face with a flat back of the head. I looked horrible. All those girls posting facebook links to "the hairstyle every man should have!" when what it really meant was "the hairstyle only model looking white guys can pull off."

So as of now, women see Ruby Rose and crush on her look and want to do the same. Boy cut, with tattoos. Only problem is that she actually is a lesbian so looking like a boy makes sense for her.

3. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

As far as I know, short haircuts on women started in the 1920's, when flappers were trying to push the boundries of acceptable female behavior, by drinking in public and smoking, which were considered male-only pastimes. But even though they cut their hair short, they wore it in female-specific styles, like the bob:

[​IMG]

The earliest specifically-male-style haircut on a woman that I can think of was Twiggy in the 1960's. It was definitely done as an attempt to blur gender stereotypes, which is why dudes started wearing longer hair at that time.

[​IMG]

Twiggy was very androgynous to begin with since she basically had no breasts or ass, which helped sell the look.

After that, in the late 80's you get Sinead O'Connor:

And Segourney Weaver in Aliens 3, and the script worked the gender roles angle hard:

[​IMG]

After that,

Hillary Swank rocked the look for Boys Don't Cry in the early 2000's, which again was very clearly a film about acceptable gender roles:

[​IMG]

On the very few women that are hot enough to pull it off it works precisely because it makes you uncomfortable that a hot chick has an attribute that is very stereotypically masculine.

If you aren't smoking hot, though, it just makes you look like a lesbian... or maybe Justin Bieber.

BTW, I also understand that when Britney Spears went bat-s**t and shaved her head, she was actually acting crazy in a very calculated way to obscure what she was really trying to accomplish. If you have hair 2 feet long, you are walking around with several years of drug test results frozen in amber on your head. Once you shave it all off, they can't test your hair for what illegal drugs you were taking 3 months ago, like when you have a custody hearing for your children.

4. Exiled

Exiled Member

5. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

Never like them boy hair cuts. Looks like two dudes kissing in public

6. RocketWalta

RocketWalta Member

I don't want to wait - for this thread to be over

[​IMG]

Oooh la la

[​IMG]

7. Buck Turgidson

The Twiggy was incredibly popular, but not for the reasons you think.

8. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

One of my friends used to look very beautiful.

She got a short old lady hair cut, boner kill big time. I too thought beautiful people could rock any hairstyle, but she seriously went from model material to gross looking in the snap of a finger.

9. Dgn1

Dgn1 Member

Yo Ott you forgot GI Jane and they absolutely can get drug test results from ANY hair on the body even if you shave it.

10. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[NY Post]Britney Spears shaved her hair off in 2007 to cover up drug use: ex-aide

Hair works a lot like the rings you see inside a tree. Each new layer of hair that gets laid down by the follicles reflects the concentration of drugs in your system at that exact moment. So say you were doing drugs right up in until three months ago, and it took 2 weeks for the drugs to fully leave your system to the point that they couldn't be detected in a blood test.

All hair that is older that three months will test positive for drugs. For the hair that grew from 3 months ago to 2.5 months ago will show a linear decrease in the measurable amount of the drug in the hair, and all hair that grew from 2.5 months ago to the present will have no measurable amount of drugs. As long as you cut off any hair that grew more that 2.5 months ago, there will be no drug metabolites in the hair.

Think of it like what happens when women dye their hair. If they dyed it a six months ago, and haven't applied dye since, there will be a clearly demarcated spot where old hair retains the color of the chemical dye, but hair that grew since six months ago will be the natural hair color. Just replace the chemical color dye with another invisible chemical, the metabolites of the illicit drug. Not perfect because drugs are put in hair from the follicle inside, while hair color is applied externally, but in the same way that hair color doesn't "bleed back" into the new hair growth, drugs metabolites don't bleed back into the new hair.

As far as other hair, most women already shave or wax their armpits, legs, and any unsightly body hair elsewhere. And while it isn't universal, combine the fact that some/many women shave their pubic hair, with the fact that it stays hidden out of site, and if you shaved off your pubes, you could realistically claim that you'd been shaving them off for years, and it would be nearly impossible to prove otherwise.

My wife's brother's ex-wife did the same thing, and it worked for her in Oklahoma. She had been doing a ton of drugs, but went on a hiatus when she discovered there was going to be a custody battle with the husband. They had a drug test all set up for her during the custody proceedings, but she showed up with her hair shaved down to stubble and the judge canceled the test, because all of the alleged drug use had occurred several weeks back.

Exiled likes this.
  11. Dgn1

Dgn1 Member

Pretty interesting stuff, thanks for explaining.

12. PhiSlammaJamma

If we can scrape up and examine their hair, we might be able to determine which beach they go to by breaking down the chemical composition. And then we nab these Biotchy models who have been robbing banks across California.

13. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

One of these is a Supermodel, a VS Angel and one bangs a ton of hot chicks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

RocketWalta likes this.
  14. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Itd be nice if comfort was just the reason, and it came across like that. I'm all for females being comfortable in their skin

I just think women get too much into sending a "message" and expressing some "meaning". Instead of just comfort like how men are in what they do, it has to be some "redefining standards" and a bunch of Instagram motivational quotes with it. Like Halle Berry and black women, they just simply do it there isn't any signal with it. All other women its just tied into "something", and while it does make sense to attribute more sentiment so its its not just some bland thing, its off-putting for some reason how much women get into themselves lol.

I think society can adjust to short hair. All that really matters is curves, vaj, and being nice at the end.

15. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

It's all good, still plenty of women who like to wear it long, some in the middle, some like to wear it short. Diversity is great, especially when it comes to women, man.

16. conquistador#11

[​IMG] Spinoff thread, hottest short hair chick=) Clare Bowen.

17. SuraGotMadHops

Two RPDs this season got the boyish shaved haircut thing going on. Both would look WAY hotter with longer more feminine hairstyles.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. dragician

dragician Member