1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Capela Has Made Dwight Obsolete

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DonKnock, Mar 31, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Chamillionaire

Don't watch games huh? CLEARLY he's on the trajectory to be an all-star... clearly.

2. RESINator

RESINator Member

Hobart utterly annihilated Capela

3. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I really don't understand this mindset. All stars get humiliated by Gobert all the time. Capela is not an all star. Doesn't change anything about the trend of excellent play in the past few weeks.

#503 Mathloom, Nov 30, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2016
    DonKnock likes this.
  4. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Government always trying to keep us down

BigMaloe and ramotadab like this.
  5. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Look, Capela played well against Gobert last time. Gobert was ready for him this time. And everyone's bound to have a bad game from time to time; you'd think Capela would be a little run down by now. Cut him some slack.

6. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

Think what Mozgov got paid and just be glad we have Capela instead on the rookie scale contract for another year.

Injuries aside (so no Conley/Parsons mention please), the worst contract given out this offseason? Kent Bazmore? Solomon Hill?

7. basketballholic

Cousins is the better talent, by far.

But Draymond....He's special. He knows how to win and will play whatever role is necessary to win. So much more versatile in his ability to play any role. If I had to WIN a game or a series and had to pick one of the two, I'd take Draymond and never look back without even considering who else was on my team.

This opinion could change over time if DeMarcus shows something more. He has the capacity to. But he hasn't as of yet.

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I'd like to see cousins on a good team playing with another allstar let alone 3 that Draymond plays with.

I'd also like to see how Draymond would do in cousins roll? My guess is a lot worse.

Draymond is perfect if you have an allstar or two around him. He's a great third guy.

Cousins has number one option talent. Now I don't think you can win with a big as your best player anymore (maybe Anthony Davis) but if I got harden and you as me do I want Draymond or cousins I'm taking cousins just because I know you can't win a chip with Draymond as the second best player but maybe you can with Cousins even if it's a slim chance.

But don't get me wrong with Draymond on this team with harden and Eric Gordon and Ryno on the court with him as well as Ariza this team would prob be able to win 60 games.

It's pretty much the same team GS had the year they won 67 games.

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

can't say I agree too much here. The thing about DG is that his overall abilities prioritize team play and allows others to want to play with you and he does what is needed to win. Cousins on the other hand not so much. he might have some talent on the offensive end, but again it goes back to how much of it truly has a positive impact on the game. His crybaby attitude on a nightly basis certainly doesn't help. Regardless of DG's role, his impact on winning is vastly superior to Cousins because he can beat you in so many ways with his versatility both offensively and defensively. Again the replacement arguments aren't really relevant to me. If you're about team wins and a winning culture instead of individual stats its DG over Cousins without question for me

10. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Said it when we drafted him. Clint can be Deandre Jordan-esque with how he finishes so efficiently. He's a walking alley oop and he gets it in the bucket if he's within 5 feet. Oh and blocks and boards.

DonKnock likes this.
  11. ricardo1979

ricardo1979 Member

Gobert also destroyed Dwight in the game jazz won 93 to 68. Capela is in his first year as a starter and to be doing the things he is doing is a credit to him. He is learning on the fly and will only get better for the expirence.

DonKnock likes this.
  12. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

LOL! That cracked me up when I re-read it later.

13. omgTHEpotential

Capela has pretty good DFG% differentials. I won't include contested 3PT differentials because the sample size just isn't there, but here are some 2PT differentials of him and other centers:

Capela: -3.0%
    Gobert: -8.5%
    Bogut: -9.4%
    Jordan: -2.2%
    Adams: -1.6%
    Valanciunas: -3.1%
    Drummond: +2.7% (horrible)
    Gortat: +2.2%
    Towns: +0.7%
    Embiid: -8.3%
    Porzingis: -7.2%
    Davis: -6.9%
    Pau Gasol: +0.7%
    Marc Gasol: +2.5%
    Whiteside: -4.4%
    Howard: -9.4%
    Mozgov: -1.2%
    Brook Lopez: -1.5%
    Robin Lopez: -5.1%

#513 omgTHEpotential, Dec 1, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2016
    DonKnock likes this.
  14. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Ok great, now at what point in time Draymond become special and learned how to win?
    Did he knew how to win in 2014?
    Are there perhaps other special players whose specialness can not be measured by stats or is not yet visible.I guess everybody would swap Draymond for Boogie in 2014 but they would miss on that specialness
    or perhaps his specialness is strictly related to warriors? if yes how do we know this?

15. basketballholic

The evidence that Draymond was a junk yard winner was evident at Michigan state repeatedly. Look at that team. He carried them game after game.

What wasn't known was would his size and skills translate and could he do other things in the NBA since he would be extremely undersized at the 5. He started proving grim the first day of his rookie season. By his sophomore season it was a done deal. Then it as a matter of how good could he actually be.

Draymond's career is textbook. When you look at rookies, if they bust into the rotation as a rookie they have a very good chance of being special. If they aren't solidly in the rotation at the end of their second season it usually spells bust or career bit player/role player. You have to start looking at their individual circumstances on the teams they are stuck on.

16. Zergling

Zergling Member

If he could theoretically be the key in getting Cousins, you have to make that deal. Capela can become a defensive force, but I don't see him ever becoming an all-star type player barring a major development on the offensive end.

Cousins is a pipe dream because of his ability to stretch the floor as a center. He would be Amare 2.0 for MDA.

17. joomba

joomba Member

Harrell made Capela obsolete :)

18. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Capela played like a little girl. Good thing Harrell brought some heart and toughness.

tmactoyao and Pen15clubber like this.
  19. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

capela was like a deer stuck in headlights tonite. needs to put his big boy pants on next time and stop waiting for calls against GS. they'll never come

20. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

yeah he didn't have a great game tonight but there is 0 chance we win this game with dwight playing

DonKnock and PhiSlamma15 like this.