1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets likeliest team to trade for Rudy Gay?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by thevirus, Jul 28, 2016.

1. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

Man, if we had Rudy Gay right now, we would be unstoppable offensively. We probably could have gotten him for Brewer, KJ or Dekker, and a second round pick or overseas prospect; or even less before the season started. Now, with the way he is playing, we would be lucky to get him including Ariza, if we could at all, because other teams may offer a better package now. I like Ariza, but Gay would make this team elite with his ability to put the ball on the floor and beat his man, plus his 3pt shooting is barely below Ariza, but that's not counting all the open looks he would get because of Harden, which could make his percentage go up.

JoeBarelyCares likes this.
  2. BigSquirm

BigSquirm Member

would yall mind giving kj up now for rudy gay or should we let kj develop more

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'd still rather not have Rudy Gay on the roster even if he was free.

4. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I would trade Anderson for Gay and Casspi if they want to make that deal.

OR they can have Brewer + Ennis + Brown + a 2nd rounder for Gay (Brown can't be traded till 23 December).

Other than that, no thanks.

5. MrSabotage

MrSabotage Member

No thx. Gay doesn't fit the Rockets system as well as Anderson. I think Houston would pass

6. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

There is a reason this guy is on so many other teams. Either he isn't a team player, or he just has bad IQ for a basketball player.

RudyTBag likes this.
  7. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

It would be team melt down 2.0 continuation from last year of Gay were to be a Rocket this season. His game will not fit and there will be locker room issues. If Gay were acquired off season and given a preseason to decided how he would fit then maybe. But overall Gay's game is selfishness. He is Carmelo Antyony 2.0 but worse since he's in the mid stages of it.

8. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I've heard Gay is a great guy, so I'm not sure about the cancer stuff.

He certainly isn't a bad player, but I'm just not impressed enough in his creating, nor his shooting to get excited in this system that we run.

It would look very similar to when we had Beasley playing well, imo.

9. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Honestly, Temple might be a better fit, or DC. Cuz or nothing...

10. Spooner

Spooner Member

Rudy's defense is a little better but that's not saying much.

11. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

He would be a massive upgrade over Brewer. He's been a pretty decent 3pt shooter the past 3 years. I think minimizing 16+ foot long 2pt shots would be great for his game. He would just have to accept a backup type role on the Rockets. I don't see any trades that really make sense though. We would probably have to give up Dekker or take on Afflalo's contract somehow to get him.

RudyTBag likes this.
  12. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

Met Rudy Gay at a Vegas nightclub years ago. I told him he was on my fantasy team. He laughed and was a chill dude the end.

13. BigSquirm

BigSquirm Member

we might need another iso scorer for games when eric gordon and harden doesn't do good like the game at okc but idk

14. Vivi

Vivi Member

Basically this.

Also, remember that he was in two teams before the Kings, and both started to play better as soon as they traded him. Maybe just a case, but still...

RudyTBag likes this.
  15. Lightsnowaction

Probably not KJ, but yes to Ryan Anderson.

16. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Au contraire. Rudy Gay is essentially an expiring contract. Therefore, he fits the Rockets system perfectly.

17. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

You're right he doesn't, I just want to dump Anderson because Gay will opt out and we'll have $30m in capspace next summer. I'm not very interested in W-L record this season as I am in developing the young guys and making a big upgrade next summer.

Vivi likes this.
  18. lionaire

lionaire Member

Need to get this done. We need more firepower.

19. BigSquirm

BigSquirm Member

we really do

20. JJWhat?

JJWhat? Member

Are you being sarcastic? If not, then where do you plan to spend those 30M? Don't see Morey doing better with that kind of money than he did this summer.