1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[torrentfreak.com] Swedish Police Raid The Pirate Bay, Site Offline

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by gah, Dec 9, 2014.

1. Buck Turgidson

2. Jontro

Jontro Member

It's back up!!!

3. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

So it looks as though based on this http://piratebay.se that in about 28 days it will be up and working again?

Am I doing this right?

4. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

The war on digital piracy is just like the war on drugs - it will never work and just cost the taxpayers millions.

5. BetterThanI

BetterThanI Contributing Member

6. Jontro

Jontro Member

7. Creepy Crawl

Creepy Crawl Member

This thing is all kinds of awesome! Combined with Chromecast, it's really sweet!

8. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Does Popcorn Chromecast?
    Uh, asking for a friend.

INSIDE POPCORN TIME, THE PIRACY PARTY HOLLYWOOD CAN’T STOP
    http://www.wired.com/2015/03/inside-popcorn-time-piracy-party-hollywood-cant-stop/

POPCORN TIME WAS an instant hit when it launched just over a year ago: The video streaming service made BitTorrent piracy as easy as Netflix, but with far more content and none of those pesky monthly payments. Hollywood quickly intervened, pressuring Popcorn Time’s Argentinian developers to walk away from their creation. But anonymous coders soon relaunched the copyright-flouting software. Today, Popcorn Time is growing at a rate that has likely surpassed the original, and the people behind it say they’re working on changes designed to make the service virtually impervious to law enforcement......

*edit*

Popcorn Time Movie Streaming Application Is Now Officially In The Play Store

In the past Popcorn Time had introduced a feature for Chromecast support allowing users to cast their streaming movies or TV shows to the big screen, however that was a beta access only feature and it doesn’t appear to be included in the Play Store release at this time. There is also no detail on whether or not it will be added anytime soon, but it’s a feature likely to make its way into the official version at some point. For the security conscious, the Play Store version of the app does seem to include the availability to stream through a VPN which is something that was introduced quite a while ago in their beta version of the app. Popcorn Time is free, so should it not be suitable for your needs you don’t lose out on anything, other than the small amount of time used to test it out.
    http://www.androidheadlines.com/201...tion-is-now-officially-in-the-play-store.html

MAshoris • 9 hours ago
    Its GOOOONE. WHy oh Why. The humanity
    • Reply•Share ›

Android Explained • 13 hours ago
    aaaaaand it's gone lol

Streaming over VPN
    http://traveldevel.com/vlc-stream-convert/streaming-over-vpn

#48 Dubious, Mar 18, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2015
  9. JPM0016

JPM0016 Contributing Member

10. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Sad to read. I was member #62, joined in the RIP Oink forum days after Oink went down. The revolutionized torrenting with Gazelle. There was another site similar to Oink looks wise we all joined at the time as well, but just can't remember the name of it. I haven't used torrents in years but invited over 100 Clutchfan members to both. Rip.

11. Rizzy

Rizzy Member

12. JPM0016

JPM0016 Contributing Member

I believe you are referring to Waffles.fm. It is down more than its running. And yes, thank you for those invites back then!

LonghornFan likes this.
  13. LonghornFan

Waffles. That was it. I spent so much time uploading FLACS to each, had close to around 3000 albums uploaded and approved. Really enjoyed the forums at waffles too. Michelle gave me the first ever title lol. Good times, I feel so old.

:(

14. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I was all up in that Waffles, What & Oink. Streaming music is so much easier now, it's all I do, but I do miss the quality of lossless audio.

15. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Streaming has made piracy obsolete.

AceOfSpades likes this.
  16. AceOfSpades

AceOfSpades Member

This, I never download anything anymore.
    Plus, if you stream, you won't get those messages from comcast questioning your torrenting...

17. nono

nono Member

At the end of the day, it's stealing someone else's money. No different than being out on the street putting a gun to people's head and asking for 10 bucks.

18. conquistador#11

a friend, that was drawn to the darkside of the internet due to his favorite local sports teams blocking their broadcasts to Dishnetwork subscribers, was wondering if VPN is necessary to stream from Popcorn time? I thought the problem with the feds was downloading content not streaming, I mean not me my good close friend. They took away solarmovie which was my friend's go to movie streaming site. =(

19. droxford

droxford Member

You sound like someone who's never had a gun held to their head.

There's a big difference.

jbasket, JeffB and UTKaluman597 like this.
  20. LonghornFan

Thanks for the lecture Lars. Keep living in 2004, dork.