1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So why the hell media hates Rockets so much ?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DMO (DJ remix), Nov 8, 2016.

1. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

he's winning them over with his effort this season

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

If they don't play like last year, and it looks like they're not, then the media won't hate them

Os Trigonum likes this.
  3. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

exactly. pretty simple, actually.

4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I can see it swinging in his favor. BUT it is coming VERY SLOWLY. and in a resentful fashion.

Harden is definitely forcing them to notice.

They just finished clowning Harden on his&hers. Spencer Twellman (A soccer guy) saying that GM's don't even have him in their top 5 players (that might be true).

Amin, a long time supporter of Harden's MVP status, is on here saying his defense is a net 0.

Jamelle Hill, of all people, had to put into perspective saying, because of vine, fans don't appreciate just how good Harden is. Also, repeatedly saying his defense has gotten better.

A new narrative is also finding a huge ground swell: Harden is only good now because of the system. Harden is a system stats monster.. Did they say that with Nash? no. They didn't even say that about Lin..

you gotta be kidding me...

#44 DreamShook, Nov 10, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2016
    HookemHorns1250 and DonKnock like this.
  5. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

System is good when it's Spurs, Patriots, Warriors. But now cause it's Harden the system is a limiting factor :rolleyes:

DreamShook and HookemHorns1250 like this.
  6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

The Jump (TMAC, Windblows): Saying 15 assists is fool's gold because Anderson and EGo are good shooters... what is going on here!? I've NEVER heard anything like that before in my life... Draymond Green has 10 ast games because Curry and Thompson are good shooters...

Windblows, prompting TMAC for a response on Harden's numbers, says even TMAC got good numbers on a bad team. Rockets #1 in the southwest, 3-0 in the division.

Uninformed TMAC saying when they face real teams Rockets will struggle. That might be true, but the Rockets just played the Spurs, at home, coming off a road trip not seen in the NBA in 46 years, no props given.

It's really nice to have a thread where I can vent my frustrations.. lol

DonKnock likes this.
  7. SuraGotMadHops

The media hated Dwight, this is residual Dwight hate, it'll wear off in time.

8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I think the Media hates the Rockets. They don't even talk about Dwight now that he is in Atlanta. The media hated Dwight because he was a Rocket.

DonKnock likes this.
  9. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

No, they hated him long before he was a Rocket but shunning LA sure didn't help.

10. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

This dude is not media.

He is basically a fat, uneducated, mouth breathing moron.

A disgrace to Houston Sports Radio. He openly hates on the Rockets and Harden during the few minutes he talks Rockets. That is why I tuned this muppet off

11. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

As disrespectful to Lin as Colin is here, he's even more accurate about Lin than he is about Harden. Media loves Harden wtf? Is that why he didn't make any all-NBA teams last year?

12. kmart9419

kmart9419 Contributing Member

Harden has 0 charisma, his game is boring and his stats are inflated by Dantoni. Should had built around Howard instead of harden.

13. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Either way. GTFOH

Amir's Johnson likes this.
  14. kmart9419

kmart9419 Contributing Member

You watch. Howard will have a great year in Atlanta. Howard always had the skills. Just lost motivation. It's all on Morey.

15. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I think most people just don't care about the rockets. Based on the coverage the rockets get in houston it seems they don't even exist. If more people hated the rockets at least people would be talking about them.

16. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

Cowherd is a hacky talking head.... He doesn't know **** about basketball and the NBA.... He also barely knows much about football.

He said all that, but missed the fact of who WON the game? He has no ball IQ... Which is why he's only looking at TOs when the efficiency and production vastly outweighs them.

17. valorita

valorita Member

Real talk

Media hates Rockets because Morey is a "nerd" (and Harden is his analytics baby) in an industry full of jocks.

Current society makes fun of intellectuals. Whether it's because of ignorance or jealousy, people have picked on others that do not fit the mold.

18. ricardo1979

ricardo1979 Member

Ok so how did he average 29-7-7 last season without D'AntonI?

DonKnock likes this.
  19. HookemHorns1250

I think we all can be rather confident that the majority of the media that look at Hardens numbers this year, and still refuse to even admit that this is something extremely special to be witnessing hasn't watched a Rockets game all year, or I may give them the benifit and say they've seen one.

If this was Westbrook, Curry, Lebron, Durant... the words would be changed.

It's not just the numbers... it's just his flat out dominance. The Spurs game for example for all of us that were watching. Remember the stretch where Harden was sitting, and the Spurs began to make their big run, the crowd was into it, you could feel that "Uh oh" gut punch. Then Harden came back in, and completely took over in every aspect of the offense, while contributing on the defensive side as well. This is what the media just doesn't see. They are handed numbers before a show, given a couple of takes from a game they didn't watch, and try and act as if they've spent the last day studying film of every dribble he's taken.

So just tune them out, we see it as fans, and that's all that matters. Enjoy it!

DonKnock likes this.
  20. MistaK

MistaK Member

I wish you were the Rockets GM...would make me feel so much better about our chances of winning a championship