1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Gregg Popovich mad at US Election result

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by daywalker02, Nov 12, 2016.

1. rocketseagles07

Trumps not a racist. He's a new york businessman who ran a genius campaign. He knew that despite him not being racist, a good majority of republicans in America are. He also knew that if he could make them comfortable w/ saying things in public that they say in their homes every day and blame brown people for the state of THEIR COUNTRY(I didn't know white people owned the country, learn something new every day) he'd get millions of votes.

No wall is being built
    Obamacare is not being repealed
    Transgender people can piss where they want(remember when conservatives were mad at liberals for that?)

Trump finessed everyone. GENIUS campaign

2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

you know who's a genius? D'ANTONI. You should see some of those inbound plays he draws up for Harden. We're going places this year. He's making the Rockets great again.

3. SeabrookMiglla

listen, ill give you a hypothetical- lets say im a manager- and before work, im out in the hallways of my office talking politics. out loud in front of my fellow co-workers im openly calling mexicans rapists, talking about banning muslims, groping women etc. afterwards, i then proceed to walk into a diverse room full of fellow employees as their manager, and then expect them to listen to me or respect me as a superior? i'd get fired, and if somehow i didnt- it would be very hard to get them to cooperate with me, or be an efficient and effective team.

there are certain boundaries of respect you just dont cross as an american. the very basis of civility has been broken with trump's rhetoric, its the very fabric of what holds this country together and trump tore that apart for the sake of getting votes.

#23 SeabrookMiglla, Nov 12, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2016
    WFU Guy and Patience like this.
  4. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Popovich >>>> Trump

\thread

5. malakas

malakas Member

I love that the NBA is one outspoken and diverse league. With both coaches and players empowered and opiniated. Is there a better sports league in the world? Where one of the biggest name coach can speak like that his opinion about the newly elected president of his country and not face media criticism?

6. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Gotta respect Pop. Still want to beat the Spurs tonight, but Pop is the man.

TheRealAllpro and Os Trigonum like this.
  7. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Thank you Pop! This needed to be said. This is not a partisan issue. This is a demagogue issue. If a liberal was a demagogue he should be removed too. A certain leader in Europe whose name starts with an H also became elected by popular will. If you don't understand why this man can't be president you need to learn about Pol Pott..... (Btw yes this thread needs to be moved)

daywalker02 and Jayzers_100 like this.
  8. rocketfan21

rocketfan21 Member

Nobody has worded it better than Matty-O from The Starters on their most recent Drop podcast. I suggest people from all opinions listen. Just an incredibly powerful and moving speech about the fact that we now have a sexist and racist man as leader of our country.

9. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

10. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Pop is absolutely right.

11. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Gotta admit, Pops would make an excellent White House Press Secretary. Although, Trump will probably pick Belichick now.

12. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

lol, good one

13. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

The difference is that 50% of the people hated that Obama was president because he was black and from the other political party. Obama never spouted of religion or race hatred remarks or separatism remarks. Obama didn't do any of that. When people talk about what they dislike about Obama they speak in hyperbole and never get specific. When they do try to get specific they come up woefully short by complaining about Obama care without ever stating specifically what it is about Obama care that they dislike.

I absolutely understand the frustration of from Greg and others didn't vote for Trump for the very same reasons. Having said that...

I did not vote for Trump but he was elected by a system that this country has had in place for a very long long time now. As such he is my president regardless if I like it or not. I will give him a chance... I have no choice. I say the same thing every four years, I hope this president is the best president the country has ever had. I hope Trump goes down in history as an all time great president. Unfortunately the race for the presidency was the worst it has ever been.

What I do find as funny, is that all of the Republicans that voted for Trump because they want a Wall between Texas and Mexico or because they don't like the LGBT community or because they don't like Muslims or Obama care just got swindled. Trump used the Republican Party to get what he wants. Trump does not embody Republican beliefs, he is just fine with a woman's right to chose on abortion and there was ever a president more likely to start forcing Churches to pay taxes then Trump.

President Elect Trump does not care about the Republican platform or the Democratic platform. He will make decisions based on what he wants, period. My biggest hope for Trump is that he absolutely breaks the system. There are few things in this world that disgust me more than the type of partisan political BS that people fall into that refuses to allow them to judge a president and his actions based on anything other then the fact that he is from one party or the other. That type of partisan politics is why so many people spend more effort trying to discredit the other parties president then actually trying to understand what it is that president is trying to do.

One of the best examples was when Jimmy Kimmel asked people about Obama Care vs the Affordable Care Act. This is how most people view politics, they don't even know specifics and have no idea at all what they are disagreeing with. This is the type of crap that is mostly borne from partisan politics. By the way, because I thought it was funny I dropped the video below.

TheRealAllpro likes this.
  14. HardenTime

HardenTime Member

bill belicheck> pop

15. heypartner

What about Lebron as the Travel Secretary.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. crash5179

I did not vote for Trump.... but I basically agree with everything in your post.

17. heypartner

Belichick didn't vote. True story

18. crash5179

while I agree with you, is there any reasonable action anyone can take that would change the election? Trump will be president on January 20, 2017. There is nothing wrong with taking time to be pissed about it and talk about it but end the end it is going to happen. Maybe the best course of action at this point is not to be divisive and see what kind of president he becomes. What he said was wrong and disgusting but there is literally nothing we can do about that now. The election process is over so lets hope all of the crap that came out of Donald Trumps mouth was nothing but theater for the week minded and hordes of racist people that Donald convinced to vote on him.

I certainly doesn't make it right, but I will wait to see what Donald does after January 20th and hope he does the right thing.

19. ClutchCity3

ClutchCity3 Member

I don't get why Sports figure has to speak about politics , Pop sure is losing it after breaking up with Timmie.

20. rocketsmetalspd

Honestly politics suck on both sides, Basketball is what I am here for on this BBS. Go Rockets!! Let's get this W tonight!