1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

A New Hope: Kamala Harris

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Mr.Scarface, Nov 11, 2016.

1. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

With Obama leaving and Hillary failing, Democrats need new blood. Sanders and Warren are too old.

Here is the person that will be the future Democratic Hopeful to take on Trump in 2020.....Kamala Harris. The newly elected Senator from California. A woman, Mixed Raced - Black and Indian, former Attorney General of Cali.

[​IMG]

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_58247ce2e4b0aac62489433d

2. Dei

Dei Member

Is that the only reason libtards will be voting her? She's a woman and mixed? Sounds racist and sexist tbh.

3. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

No....i guess u didnt read the article. She is sharp as a Tack, an Attorney General, and is from the largest state in the Union.

She is already better qualified than Drumpf.

4. Exiled

Exiled Member

She can hit mid court 3s

Os Trigonum likes this.
  5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I don't know about that, she has zero executive experience....she'd be only the 2nd person elected with zero executive experience since the 60's. So while you can say that you like her more, she isn't better qualified for an executive job.

cml750 likes this.
  6. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

No, I am reading what you stated. Your first qualifier is that she was a woman. Your second qualifier was her race/nationality. Then lastly, you stated her experience.

How can we get over sexism and racism when its the very first thing you mention? Tokens do not fix problems, qualified individual do.

7. dmoneybangbang

Trump never released his tax records so we actually don't know how well his executive experience has served him over his career leading up to his election. We just have to take his word he's as rich and charitable he says he is. We do know he has made quite a few terrible business decisions and is the self declared "king of bankruptcy".... or was it the "king of debt". Perhaps a Trump supporter/Hillary hater can enlighten me.

8. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

Back to the drawing boards for you guys, try again. Lol

9. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Someone who has declared bankruptcy 6 times......SUCKS at business. Trump executive experience is a joke. Since we dont know is actual worth.......which he is hiding...it is safe to say it is smoke and mirrors.

edwardc likes this.
  10. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I hear where you're coming from, but forget how the OP introduced her. She's an incredibly bright and gifted person, politician, and communicator. It will be fascinating to watch her move into a more national position now, as I've watched her (and voted for her, after much study) at every step of her career so far, starting in SF.

Cheers.

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The argument is several decades worth of experience including both success and failures during that time vs literally none. When you hire someone that has a vast amount of experience, the idea is that they've been through the ups and downs in the past and have had a chance to learn from them. When you hire someone with no experience, they haven't been through that so it'll all be on the job training and making mistakes for the first time ever.

Sorry man, you have no case here. I don't like Trump any more than most, but he's got tons of executive experience and there's no argument against that.

12. dmoneybangbang

But it's bad experience. ;)

Sound familiar?

edwardc likes this.
  13. Exiled

Exiled Member

Seriously, Republicans who needs a candidate, Democrats already've Trump

14. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

I like how OP's reasoning is her gender and racial background. Democrats never learn.

cml750 and Granville like this.
  15. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

If we are speaking of a future at the top of the ticket, I never heard of her, and after the fate of the inexperienced Obama who they talked of the presidency from the day after he started his one partial term in the Senate I am cautious. Let's see if the billiionaire class and the old DLC retread types like Rahm Emmanuel, Larry Summers and the Wall Street crowd immediately start to groom her as of being of service to them..

Besides that 20 percent ? of the white working class who will vote against her strictly on her race or gender

#15 glynch, Nov 12, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2016
  16. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Bwahahaha hey we found a mixed race democratic female! just lol at the liberals' horrific logic.

Democratic Party is in shambles

cml750 likes this.
  17. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Named after the Ugandan Giant?

18. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

First, I'll preface this by admitting I know nothing about this lady.

Many conservatives say that gender/ethnicity shouldn't have any effect on assessing a candidate's worth. In other words, seeking out diversity in our representatives has zero value. Alright. I happen to disagree, but alright.

In that case, I'd hope that she's evaluated strictly on her merits, and that she should not be disadvantaged due to the presumption that she's only being considered because of her gender and ethnic background. I'm getting that vibe from several posters here.

Patience likes this.
  19. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

It absolutely shouldn't. What reasonable explanation says that it should? Let's judge people based on their ideas and experience, rather that the color of their skin. It's 2016, folks. Come on.

blue_eyed_devil and cml750 like this.
  20. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

1/4 of eligible voters chose Trump.

How the democrats always have things handed to them on a silver platter by the republicans, yet manage to f**k it up is truly astounding