1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump, the Fools that Voted for Him, and the Fools that Stayed Home

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Deckard, Nov 9, 2016.

1. Dark Rhino

Dark Rhino Contributing Member

Ultimately it's the responsibility of the candidate to convince us to vote for him or her. If Dems couldn't be convinced to come out and vote, that's on HRC.

Geaux Rockets and adoo like this.
  2. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

Go back to social studies, and learn about the US government system. PROTIP: It isn't a democracy, it is a constitutional republic.

Dark Rhino, Richie_Rich and cml750 like this.
  3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

It's not as relevant as the electoral vote, but not completely irrelevant. Those are people that didn't vote for Trump and their issues have to be addressed. IF you think they can ignore the majority (yes the majority) of the country and get elected again then well, we'll be seeing the power shift right back over to blue.

That's the problem, one side just ignores the other. Saying that those 59 million people's vote is irrelevant is part of the problem here.

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Except he never made that argument...

5. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

A Liberal Dictarship over their very own. And you wonder how you lost smh...

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Looks like reading comprehension is your failure here man, you miss the point entirely.

Keep thinking though that those 59 million votes and the popular vote means nothing. Just ignore those people.

7. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

At some point, the Democrats have to be responsible for not putting up a candidate that would be exciting to enough people to win the election, or would drive people to not vote. Hillary has to take responsibility for not convincingly adopting enough policies that would inspire likely voters to turn up for her.

Yes, you are right that voters that voted for Trump or didn't vote, also have responsibility. It's all part of the recipe for what we have now. In the end it sucks for all of us to have to be embarrassed by our choice as leader. Maybe it's the wake up call that we need.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  8. Svpernaut

Seriously man, WTF are you talking about? Are you high? I'm all for toking up, but not when trying to have a coherent conversation.

9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

So wait. One conservative poster says "Left needs to do some soul searching." a poster makes a post about that very thing and points out the problems in our party and that is a dictatorship?

He's bringing up a very REAL point. A point liberals have been talking about up to this very day.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I am with you, Bladerunner.

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

They are every bit as relevant as the 60 million voters who voted against Obama the first time and the 61 million who voted against him the second time.

12. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

No, because states matter. It's a best of 50 series, in effect.

13. malakas

malakas Member

There's no gap to be bridged when one side represents racism, xenophobia and misogynism. Do you expect people to become MORE bigoted so to bridge the gap with all the mentally challenged people who voted for Trump?

14. Svpernaut

Get out of here with your logic, sir!

You are correct, although technically a best of 51 with the District of Columbia having 3 electoral votes.

15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Talking about how the popular vote matters, keep up.

Which I agree with and hit on in that post. The issue is the other half just gets ignored. That's why people are looking for someone that will unite the country.

I never said that states didn't matter. That's what Svpernaut thinks I said because his reading comprehension is off right now. I said that the popular vote also matters, I didn't say it means she should have won or anything.

Just that there is no mandate, Trump still has to appeal to half of the country or his party will face the wrath of that half of the country.

16. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Well, I'm not bragging about electoral votes, but I thought I might mention this "thing" called the Constitution of the United States which explicitly states how presidential election are to be decided. So, there's that.

17. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

I think there are more middle to upper middle class people that make between 75,000 to 250,000 a year than people think...and they voted for Trump (without telling anyone because they are too busy going to work every day) because they want the Paul Ryan tax plan maybe?

cml750 likes this.
  18. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

It should be fun in four years to ask all the blue collar white folks who lost jobs due to automation and out sourcing in the Midwest, are they happy with their choice in 2016.

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's no different than with Obama, Trump currently has a mandate to do what he wants much like Obama did 8 years ago. If what he does has positive outcomes then the Republicans will be fine, if he wastes all of his political capital on one program that is a complete disaster, they won't be fine.

cml750 likes this.
  20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I wish you were on the news then. I imagine with every subject you would just inject that tidbit of information that no one knew and how it would further the discussion as to WHY it happened.

All the OP did was go after the liberals that decided to sit home or protest vote, so I'm not sure where that even fits into his argument.