1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What's your personal biggest fear of Trump's presidency?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by DudeWah, Nov 9, 2016.

1. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Can we just get pot? Lol, it's texas and we'll be last but . . . come on already. Also agree Trump probably won't be the direct problem as he'll probably flip and piss off the Republicans more. It's some of his crazies though that worry me (well make me worry about my minority friends). I mean obviously not all are bigots but the % of them between the parties is pretty clear. . . PS get rid of your stupid confederate flags

2. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Again it's really not even about the policy (although that could be an issue)

It's really mainly the fact that a lot of his supporters openly hate Muslims, blacks, and Mexicans.

It's really amazing actually. I'm sure a good number of the ones who don't openly hate those people hate them behind closed doors.

That is one of the biggest reasons for his win.

mario_v likes this.
  3. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Ah, so "females" is an insult again, is it? Who needs women in a great country, right? Do tell us more. What else has returned to pejorative status? Seriously, tell us.
    #makeamericagreatagain

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Policy wise...

Who knows, it really depends on how much the GOP majority will play to racial politics. Will they stand up and fight for minorities? That's the question here, not so much Trump but the complete GOP majority that they will have now.

I'm not sure any thing major can happen policy wise (except for again LGBT and Muslims) though, while Trump may be crazy I don't think our government is. Hopefully it holds strong.

5. mick fry

mick fry Member

I fear he won't jail Hillary as he said he would.

6. Xenon

Xenon Contributing Member

Trump supports "Stop and Frisk" for one. Things will go from bad to worse for minorities.

shastarocket likes this.
  7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Might not be able to, I imagine Hillary is writing checks to Obama as we speak trying to clinch that pardon.

8. dmoneybangbang

Protectionism. Trump has no power to negotiate anything and historically the other country will just slap a tariff on your goods.

I expect a faster "race to the bottom" under Trump and I expect our entitlements to get worse if much of his "economic plan" goes through.

9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Forgot about that, I imagine that will be difficult to pass nationwide though.

10. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

Too much winning

11. TheresTheDagger

I bet there are a lot of petrified folks in the Clinton campaign right now....or maybe they all made side deals for that Obama pardon. Which brings me to question...Can people not yet under indictment (but probably will be eventually) secure a presidential pardon beforehand?

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yes. You can be pardoned for crimes you have not yet been indicted for.

13. supdudes

supdudes Member

^ I'm not with him.

14. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

My biggest fear is that he doesn't have the interest of America and its people at heart .... that his entire campaign was a lie.

Other than that , nothing .... We need to solve the immigration issue, we need to reign in gubmint , we need to fix our economy and bring Jobs back to America and repeal Obamacare get rid of NAFTA & Transpac. We damn sure need of get rid of the corruption ...

If he does what he said in the campaign process .... America will be better for it. If his campaign was a farce ....

Then again , I voted for Ron Paul twice .... so I my be nucking futz.

15. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

FYI, Donald Trump believes in universal healthcare.

16. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I'm mostly concerned for the emviorment, and minorities.

17. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

I'm thinking every congregation in the country sent that message this past Sunday.

18. hlcc

hlcc Member

mostly worried about the economy.

19. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

My biggest fear is either strategic threats stemming from a perception of weakness or the additional trillions we will spend to insulate ourselves from any real diplomatic work. We have walked our way back to either the early-to-mid '70s in terms of stability, and maybe even the '30s in terms of security. Also government shutdowns preventing any real work on the budget and guaranteeing growing deficits and a debt that may ultimately prove unsustainable.

20. cheke64

cheke64 Member

1. Build the wall
    2. Build concentration camps
    3. Bring slavery again.
    4. Make america great again.