1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What's your personal biggest fear of Trump's presidency?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by DudeWah, Nov 9, 2016.

1. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

A lot of folks are acting like it's gonna be really bad.

I honestly don't see much changing.

But obviously, I don't think it's a good time for minorities in this country.

edwardc likes this.
  2. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Nothing. Get rid of that **** show Obama care and watch the economy grow. It certainly isn't going go be a freakin Hitler like some dumbasses are saying around here tonight.

Von Rafer, Salvy and RocketsLegend like this.
  3. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Supreme Court nominee that overturns Roe v Wade and delegitmizes gay marriages.

4. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

The overreaction by everyone else.

5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Pretty much this. When this happens then people will realize what they've done but it'll be too late for that.

Also yes, the outlook for minorities won't be good. Unless Trump goes completely reverse on everything he's said and has actions to back it up.

6. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

If I was Middle-Eastern or Middle-Eastern looking I would be packing my bags right about now... Or take whatever is important before evacuating.. There's no pun intended but I think those despicable types that voted for Trump might also think it's open season for these people. It's sad but I predict a couple hate based killings within the next month.

#6 Liberon, Nov 9, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2016
  7. Salvy

Salvy Member

LMAO thank you!!! Thank goodness Trump won this, don't need all these sensitive females voicing their butthurt and saying ridiculous things. Nobody is going to get deported or convicted unless you are a dumbass doing $hit you shouldn't be doing in the first place. Calm down and rejoice a crook wont be the president for the next four years.......

8. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

I don't think Trump even matters in regards to the minority topic.

His platform was based on a lot of bigoted, xenophobic statements. This has been a growing sentiment for a while now. His supporters feel empowered now. Muslims and black people are likely going to have it pretty rough.

9. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

This. It's not that I fear that Trump will turn into a fascist targeting minorities. I think our institutions are entrenched enough to not let that happen. What I'm afraid of is that this result makes the xenophobic branch of our citizenry feel more empowered to openly be bigoted.

Two Sandwiches and mario_v like this.
  10. WNBA

WNBA Member

advance further toward a nazi state.

11. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

He's definitely emboldened them. Black people have had way worse in this country before, nothing they (the racists he's riled up) can do now can be worse than slavery or segregation.

I think the gay community will have it much harder personally and the muslim community.

The Stig likes this.
  12. Phreak3

Phreak3 Contributing Member

I can see how hispanics and muslims will be affected, but how can blacks can be impacted by a trump presidency?

13. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Don't forget us Asians.... Donald Trump has turned America Pre-Civil Rights Great Again. Just like his racist white voters wanted.

RudyTBag likes this.
  14. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

1) The re-mainstreaming and legitimization of hate and bigotry. 2) The precedent that a candidate like Trump, running a campaign like Trump has, is alright to be president for so many fellow citizens. 3) Like people who ran such campaigns before him, policy details are vague and murky. So we don't know what he is for, we know much more what he is against.

Which brings me to this: It easy to not be fearful when Trump didn't run on denigrating people that look like you. When the KKK, who felt free to comeback into the mainstream eye, may not have it in for people who look like you. When you or someone you know hasn't been met head-on by what "stop and frisk" feels like. I don't want to live in a America that looks and feels more like the one my parents grew up in. And that is the America I saw in Trump rallies and the America that seemed to come out into the open in his support. As for what that means over the next years... well... we will just have to see.

As for the rest... I do know a healthy tax cut will be coming my way. But that is a bittersweet pill.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  15. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

There was a Navy Seal Sniper that went out to shoot black people that grabbed supplies from stores to prepare for Katrina (because they didn't have anything else) with his brother in a pick up truck that had a movie glamorize him. This guy took delight in killing anything not white.. I don't think this country has our back man.

fchowd0311 and The Stig like this.
  16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Well white supremacy has like two main targets. Blacks, Jews, then anyone else who just isn't white. The fear is that he's emboldened some people and their ideas. The fear from minority groups is very real though.

It is very disheartening he's won, I'll say that. The question is how many people are for that. We are really going to see just how divided or united America really is these next 4 years.

17. Marteen

Marteen Member

As long as he doesn't come into my house and revoke my parents citizenship for no reason, it's whatever.

18. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

The history of this country is raping, killing, enslaving.. Guess what type of people.. History repeats itself with Donald Trump

19. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

You know I think a lot of people thought this way when voting for him.

malakas likes this.
  20. Phreak3

Phreak3 Contributing Member

So the fear is that there could be more hate crimes, which is understandable. But policy wise, what can Trump do to minorities besides the deportation of illegal immigrants?