1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

New York Times: Hillary Clinton illegally used private email for all State Dept. business

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Commodore, Mar 2, 2015.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I think that the abuses at Abu Ghraib were on the commander of that base and the soldiers under her command.....and yeah, there were convictions in that case. You are trying to blame the Bush administration for that and well, it just doesn't add up.

As to the no-bid contracts to Halliburton, there's lots of no-bid contracts that are handed out every year. Usually it happens when only one company can feasibly pull off the job logistically speaking. No-bid contracts went to Halliburton before the Bush administration as well....it's a non-story.

Again, so what? It was a legitimate investigation that uncovered legitimate wrongdoing by the former Secretary of State. Negligence when it comes to mishandling classified information is a criminal act.....so a legitimate investigation uncovered evidence of criminal activity. Who cares if some politicians used it as an opportunity to grandstand?

LOL okay. What I'm posting here is based on my expert opinion in the area along with my own reading of the evidence and my knowledge of the relevant laws that were broken.

I don't think I know more than the head of the FBI, I think that I'm not being influenced by the Obama DOJ. Why do you think the rest of the FBI was so outraged over Comey's actions that they started leading evidence of Clinton's guilt and essentially forced Comey to write a letter to congress about further evidence that was found? They don't buy the BS either.

2. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

3. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

On a Sunday. Two days before the election.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Shouldn't be surprising, the pressure from the DOJ is still there and there was easily enough evidence to indict and convict beforehand, there's no reason to think the FBI director would do the right thing now. It would completely expose it as nothing more than him bending to political pressure.....just like his first letter was him bowing to pressure from inside the FBI.

5. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

This mother****er needs to be fired. He should have NEVER released the first letter.

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I agree that he needs to be fired, but for a different reason. When you ignore evidence of a person being guilty of multiple crimes and recommend no indictment based on political ties, you are too corrupt for your position. If he had simply done his job and recommended indictment, this wouldn't be a problem.

7. mc mark

I'm proud of you Bobby! You didn't use the word criminal once!

It's the first baby steps to the world of reality.

8. mc mark

Oops! spoke too soon.

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, did you study the definition of that word as I suggested? We'll make an intelligent poster out of you yet!

Since you brought it up, Hillary IS a criminal, but that's not relevant to the post I made, that's why I never said it.

Honestly you have single-handedly brought down the IQ of the D&D many many points since your ban was lifted.....and that's saying a lot.

10. shastarocket

Election betting odds already responding, lol

11. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Understood- but what explanation did he give for not pursuing it? He certainly didn't say political ties, right? It was like, "No reasonable prosecutor would bring this up" - well, that doesn't even make sense, either. It's not just b/c of her position- Nixon and B. Clinton were indicted (well, I think with Nixon, there was the threat of indictment).

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He said (falsely) that due to no evidence of malicious intent that no prosecutor would take the case. Like you said, it's BS. He's in a really tough spot between the tremendous amount of pressure the DOJ is putting on him and the threat of a large portion of the FBI resigning due to DOJ interference. In some ways I have sympathy for him, but it doesn't really excuse it. All this really does is hammer home what some people know about Hillary, she's basically the perfect example of everything wrong with our government and the corruption that is possible......and yet sadly she's still the better of 2 terrible choices.

SMH.

13. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Just emphasizes how wrong the original letter was. FBI partisans trying to impact election. THIS is a goood reason for an Inspector General. Find out who was leaking and end some careers. And Comey should be gone.

14. shastarocket

15. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Comey like, "Psych, my bad lol."

16. Cold Hard

Cold Hard Member

I suspect that one of the very first things that HRC will do after she takes office is fire Comey. Either that, or he'll soon resign. Comey's days as FBI director will almost surely be ending very soon.

17. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

With this announcement, it showed that they could have chosen to do this investigation in an expedited quiet way.

I have my own crazy tin hat theory that the initial letter was anywhere from being a wash to helping Clinton overall (even before this announcement).

18. JeffB

Supporting Member

That and a need to root out the agents in the NY office the media keeps reporting have an axe to grind with her. I highly doubt these agents would just drop the their partisan witch hunt when neither Comey or the DOJ could get them to let it go.

19. astros123

astros123 Member

lol what a joke. trump is done

20. JeffB

Supporting Member

I've heard some poli-sci analysts suggest the original letter may have struck enough fear in people who may have been complacent to get out and vote early. But outside of that, I think any benefit to Clinton was unintended. Rudy 9/11 had said repeated he had something up his sleeve and that there would be a major news drop before the election. And after gloating for a week about the Comey letter, Rudy screwed up and admitted too much on-air Friday. Yeah, he later walked it back...