1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2016/2017 European Football Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by rox1, Jun 23, 2016.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Defense in sports is really easy to talk about but hard to carry out.

2. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Love how he still insists on his high pressure philosophy despite the player material. Guy can't adapt one bit and needs to buy success.

3. JTQ

JTQ Member

Zlatan and MU shot 37 times against Burnley and could not manage a single goal...in the meantime "striker wannabe" Firmino scored a lovely striker goal to beat Palace 4-2....life is good :D

Jontro likes this.
  4. Jontro

Jontro Member

That's cus negative football brings negative results. dunno why owners still bring in mou to their clubs when there are so many others that are so good with more attractive philosophies.

I'm enjoying lcf now while it lasts. won't take long until those spanish clubs come knocking to take the brazilian duo away with their unlimited moneez.

5. Raz

Raz Member

Terrible refereeing at the PSV-Bayern game. Italians here, is Gianluca Rocchi that awful on regular bases? The PSV goal was like two or three meters offside, then he missed a clear penalty when Moreno strangled Lewandowksi and afterwards gave one that was rather debatable. Haven't seen such a bad official in a Champions League match in quite some time.

6. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

The Barca backline and midfield played like crap and Manchester City took it to them.

7. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Back from the Gladbach game, atmosphere was great and the Celtic fans in town and metro were hilarious guys.

Knew that Europe's top teams are interested in Moussa Dembele and kept my eyes on him, this guy has a great future ahead of him. Moves extremely well off the ball, great vision and dangerous 1on1 skills. Think we'll see him in one of the top leagues soon.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

And his name is similar to that of Tottenham's Mousa Dembele.

ramotadab likes this.
  9. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Watching the Dortmund v Sporting game right now. I'm not saying this because he's American and we have this need to put someone on a pedestal...

Christian Pulisic is going to be a f***ing star.

ramotadab likes this.
  10. Raz

Raz Member

Real Madrid just drew Legia Warsaw 3-3, they were even down 3-2. Now that's embarrassing and may cost them the group win.

ramotadab likes this.
  11. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

He's def on that path. I wonder who else from the USA youth teams will join him on that road to stardom.

daywalker02 and ramotadab like this.
  12. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Müller playing like utter **** all season, damn. Hope Martinez recovers and replaces Xabi at the 6.

13. Raz

Raz Member

Müller is in a hole since that missed penalty against Atlético. Might have cost us the Euro as well. But you gotta say, he was very unlucky yesterday, hitting the post, centimeters away from scoring the winning goal. This could have been his personal turning point.

Agree on Xabi. Our weakness in opponent's counter attacks starts with him. Martinez back in midfield would be awesome, let's just hope Boateng has only minor issues and will be back in two weeks, so Javi is free for his best position.

14. Jontro

Jontro Member

damn what is happening there with the lfc game? i don't have access to the game unfortunately, but looking at the live score, it's like a scoring party down there.

Amir's Johnson likes this.
  15. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Absolutely devastating going forward. Front 4 of Firmino, Mane, Coutinho, Lallana look devastating

If there is one weakness for LFC, it's at the back with Clyne looking so so, Milner at left back and someone like Lucas starting today.

With no European distractions, I can see both Liverpool and Chelsea making a run for the title

Jontro and Amir's Johnson like this.
  16. JTQ

JTQ Member

Wow watching LFC played its like playing PES 2016, make a bunch of passes, nice movement off the ball and deliver devastating low cross (pres O three times).... my oh my ...

In terms of fantasy...got Firmino as captain today :D

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

POOOOL - pole position

You'll never walk alone - grats brehs

Jontro and Amir's Johnson like this.
  18. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Sad thing is I know Jontro breh will get his hopes up and then Liverpool will blow a 9pt lead with four matches to go.

Tough to be a YNWA breh.

19. Amir's Johnson

I was worried about Lucas starting, Lovern caught a virus like he does every other week. I wonder who Klopp will go for in January once Mane leaves for Africa.

Jontro likes this.
  20. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I don't think he will make wholesale changes. More likely Klopp will just roll in Sturridgne into the starting XI and have Firmino, Coutinho and Lallana behind him