1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Five seperate FBI field offices investigating Clinton Foundation

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by TheresTheDagger, Nov 1, 2016.

1. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Wasn't trying to make it seem innocent. Its breaking the law, or at least bending it regardless of the outcome. Politicians should not bend or break the law... so its not innocent whatsoever either way. However I was putting an example where we assume Clinton was embracing "pay to play" politics within her foundation, but the ends justified the means.... which is IMO the more likely scenario IF she did in fact utilize pay to play scenarios. I believe if she bent or broke the law, she has reason to do so... which doesn't make it OKAY, but there is likely a story behind it (just like the Colin Powell explanation of why she used a personal server & email).

The FACT is though, that we don't even know if she engaged in pay to play, and thus far everything has been reported that although there looks to be smoke, no illegal activity has been discovered.

However the far right will fantasize about scenarios like you mentioned such as human trafficking to justify their disdain. Even though she hasn't even been found guilty of "The Cigar Scenario". The far right wants to fantasize about her being the closest thing to the devil himself, when its more likely that she's actually just a normal politician who get their hands dirty in order to get sh$% done. Its a dirty business, and you have to have the stomach for it if you want to get anything done.

Hillary Clinton is no different... She just pissed off old white America back in the 90's for being a feminist before it was mainstream to do so. Ever since then the right has tried and tried to crucify her at every turn, and she keeps coming back and punching them between the legs. We will see Tuesday night who gets the final blow.

2. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

I would pay decent money for a GIF of Clinton punching Gowdy between the legs.

3. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

There are only two people that can be President. Logically and practically, I have to make a choice between the two. Any other choice is a throw-away vote for me. Even if I agree with every single things you stated above, I would not blink to vote for Clinton. Trump just simply is that worse of a choice even against a Clinton of your view above.

I don't agree with much of anything you stated above and don't have an issue voting for Clinton.

You should learn and realize that what you believe is "proven" is actually your opinion. And people have different opinion. Naturally I believe my opinion is right and your is wrong, although I don't hold onto it that strongly and will change with new info. And guess what - the more I learn about Clinton (compared to what I know 6M ago), the more I support Clinton, independent of Trump.

Invisible Fan and Nook like this.
  4. Nook

Nook Member

This seems to be a common theme this election cycle, especially with Trump supporters.

Passing off an opinion with no substantive evidence is not a fact.

This is happening quite a bit with the Clinton Foundation and wikileaks.

5. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Passing off opinion as fact isn't new. It's been going on for years and is largely how we've gotten to the place where we are at politically.

6. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Yep we probably did. Been too long on Clutchfans so now just repeating myself.

7. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Is it courage or is it extreme political bias? You're defending agents who outrightly are admitting they are politically motivated. Are you saying that since there is other bias that it is fair that they are acting on theirs? If that is the case then you've basically acknowledged that there is no higher principle of justice here just political camps trying to get even.

The sad truth is that probably is closer to the truth.

8. Cranberry_Juice

This is a fair point. Where is your stance with the DOJ. Do you feel they are also to blame for this?

9. TheresTheDagger

The sad truth is that actually no matter whether they leaked this information or didn't leak it....it looks political. Its a no win situation.

I actually applaud them leaking information if it helps voters make a better decision, and obviously they felt it did. Since they are the "experts" on these investigations, who are we to question them?

10. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Actually I do. I think it was a huge mistake for Lorretta Lynch to meet with Bill Clinton. Even though I'm a Clinton supporter I do think given the political sensitivities this should've been referred to a special prosecutor.

This issue has been to politicized and my own view has been that while I don't think that the email server scandal is enough to disqualify Clinton I agree it was reckless on her part and also that the investigation into it hasn't been conducted well. I don't agree with ThereTheDagger that the answer then is to politicize it more.

11. Cranberry_Juice

Let's say that there is substantial evidence (I'm not saying there is), would you change your stance or still let it go due to the bias?

12. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

We're the voters.

Leaking information isn't courageous. If they said it with their names attached, with full expectation and acceptance of the punishment that would await them, I could call that courage (and probably foolhardiness).

13. TheresTheDagger

So if Clinton is elected and these names haven't been released, do you think there is ANY CHANCE they will not be immediately disciplined (if not fired outright)? Maybe worse? I full expect the Clinton machine to make quick work of these people if she is elected. The safest thing they could do would be to attach their names and become whistle blowers. At least then, the notoriety would give them some cover along with whistle blower laws.

In the meantime, I'm having to defend FBI agents...probably the squeakiest clean people in the world...from folks like yourselves who think they are now scum.

I've seen it all. FBI agents are now the bad guys and the candidate who allowed our national secrets to be exposed to enemies is the hero.

You can't make this up.

Granville likes this.
  14. dandorotik

15. dandorotik

You are not having to defend the entire FBI. You are defending a select group. The FBI person who I worked with seemed to be an upstanding guy, but it's certainly understandable that you're going to have bad apples in every group.

16. dandorotik

This is the statute cited by many:

Whoever, being entrusted with or having lawful possession or control of any document, writing, code book, signal book, sketch, photograph, photographic negative, blueprint, plan, map, model, instrument, appliance, note, or information, relating to the national defense, (1) through gross negligence permits the same to be removed from its proper place of custody or delivered to anyone in violation of his trust, or to be lost, stolen, abstracted, or destroyed, or (2) having knowledge that the same has been illegally removed from its proper place of custody or delivered to anyone in violation of its trust, or lost, or stolen, abstracted, or destroyed, and fails to make prompt report of such loss, theft, abstraction, or destruction to his superior officer—Shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both.

Fair enough- but according to this: "relating to the national defense"- how do we know specifically that the classified emails found regarded national defense? And who classified them? These are not questions to be obtuse- it is an evidence-based approach- if someone is going to be accused of a crime- first of all, they are still innocent until proven guilty- and second, doesn't the evidence have to be examined in detail before we can draw a conclusion?

That's fair, correct? Donald Trump should be held to that same standard- if he has not been found guilty of rape, he should not be called a rapist, period.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Anything classified TS-SCI is inherently related to national defense. There was information classified TS-SCI on her server. Even one of those should be enough to lead to jail time if it was someone not protected by political connections.

18. TheresTheDagger

Read more: http://www.thepoliticalinsider.com/hillary-clinton-email-10-punished-less/#ixzz4P46stGrx

Here's just a few examples of those who were held accountable...some of them related to the first Clinton Administration!

Bill Clinton’s CIA Director Was Pardoned During Plea Negotiations for Storing Classified Data on Home Computer: John Deutch, CIA director under President Clinton, was found to have classified information on a government-owned computer in his home several days after he left the CIA. He had to be pardoned in the middle of plea negotiations by Hillary’s husband.

Navy engineer sentenced for mishandling classified material: Bryan Nishimura of Folsom, California, pled guilty to the unauthorized removal and retention of classified materials during stints in Afghanistan in 2007 and 2008. Here’s the money quote from the AP – “An FBI search of Nishimura’s home turned up classified materials, but did not reveal evidence he intended to distribute them.” The exact words used to clear Hillary of her misdeeds. Instead, Nishimura was sentenced to two years probation, fined $7,500, and had to surrender his security clearance.

Low Level Submarine Shipmate Prosecuted for Less Serious Crime than Clinton: Petty Officer First Class Kristian Saucier allegedly used a cellphone camera to take photos in the classified engine room of the nuclear submarine where he worked as a mechanic, the USS Alexandria, then destroyed a laptop, camera and memory card after learning he was under investigation. He was indicted on one felony count of unlawful retention of national defense information and another felony count of obstruction of justice.

Marine Corps. Major Caught Sending Classified Documents to Superiors Using Personal Email: Maj. Jason Brezler was dismissed from the Marine Corps when he “accidentally took home 14 documents on his personal computer, some of which were classified.” According to the report, Brezler was “in a graduate school class when he received an urgent email from military officials in Afghanistan and sent a specific document in response, using his personal email account.”

State Dept. Official Steals Classified Docs: Donald Willis Keyser earned over a year in prison when he “pled guilty to a three-count Criminal Information in which he admitted that he willfully and unlawfully removed classified documents and digital memory devices from the Department of State to his residence.” United States Attorney Chuck Rosenberg stated that Keyser “had an absolute obligation to safeguard the classified information entrusted to him and utterly failed to do so.” He then added, “His (Keyser’s) sentence of imprisonment is a warning to others in positions of public trust.”

Falcons Talon likes this.
  19. dandorotik

Fair enough. Comey's explanation, then, doesn't make sense.

20. dandorotik

So, the 2nd and 4th ones apply to Clinton, correct? The 2nd was given probation, and the 4th was dismissed from the Marine Corps.
    But neither were imprisoned.