1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Is Harden a top 5 player in the league?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by swyyyguy, Jul 26, 2016.

?

Is Harden a top 5 player in the league?

1. Yes

75.0%
  2. No

25.0%
  1. jman7373

jman7373 Member

Random question. Why did ESPN not do their NBA player rank this year?

2. OTMax

OTMax Member

Look at Westbrook, willing his team to victory twice. Gives effort on defense too. That's what I expect from Harden too..

swyyyguy likes this.
  3. AceOfSpades

AceOfSpades Member

My top 5:
    Harden
    Curry
    Durant
    Lebron
    Westbrook

4. CertifiedTroll

This season (so far):

Davis
    Harden
    Lillard/Westbrick(aka Bath Salts)
    Leonard

The start to this season has been insane.

5. OTMax

OTMax Member

Davis, Lebron, Curry, Westbrook, Kahwi and some others are more likely to end in my top 5 than Harden.

6. HardenTime

HardenTime Member

curry has been **** this year, harden is in the top 5.. curry is out

7. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

It's been two games dude.

8. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

1) Lebron
    2) Steph
    3) KD
    4) Harden
    5) Westbrook

9. MystikArkitect

If we blew up the Cavs and sent Irving, Love, Thompson and Durant to different teams this would be a much more fun league to watch. That being said it can't be understated how important Harden and Westbrook signing extensions with their teams was. Set a precedent that needed to be set.

10. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Harden is in a group of 7 or so guys that can all make a case for being in the top 5

Harden
    Curry
    Lebron
    Durant
    Davis
    Westbrook
    Leonard

I'm not sure I'd take any player in the league over the brow if I'm starting a team, but I'm also not sure whether he's a super stud or a Kevin Love big numbers on bad teams kinda guy. I'm leaning towards a huge stud, but we don't know yet. Harden has done a lot more up to this point.

I'd also take Harden over Westbrook and Leonard. So yeah top 5 for me, but I could understand leaving him out.

11. ricardo1979

ricardo1979 Member

12. kaocsaephan

kaocsaephan Member

It is difficult to find joy in watching this team play with guys like Eric Gordon and Ryan Anderson out there chucking the ball and doing much else. Nene can't shoot or block shots. Capela probably has the worst hands in the league. Ariza as inconsistent as ever. Outside of Harden, I'm not sure if any of the other players on the Rockets can be considered an asset.

Not really happy with the way the Rockets are putting players around Harden. And, let's be honest, it doesn't seem likely that Harden will get these calls in big games with a large audience watching, especially against teams with "earned respect" / bigger stars like the Warriors/Spurs/Cavs.

Cashmoney likes this.
  13. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Anyone who said no, are starting to look foolish

14. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

When he plays defense ... hell ya

15. Mathloom

Mathloom Contributing Member

If you look at who is actually the most valuable to their team, no one more than Harden. Overall, he has been stellar, top 5. You have to keep in mind just how average our roster is, but you also have to give MDA and Morey credit in that they are designing the system such that we are REALLY focusing on our strengths.

Harden IS tired right now, I see it, I can sense it from the type of turnovers he's picking up, from the arc of his shot. But this is a bump he's going to get over. We need to finish this road trip succesfully and if after this road trip we are 4th or 5th in the West, we have to give the team so so so so much credit for putting themselves in position for homecourt advantage with an insanely road-heavy schedule to start the season under a new coaching staff with very few in-season practices.

ricardo1979 likes this.
  16. Harden's beard

Top 5 in scoring, top 5 in assists, top 5 in PER, top 5 in WS, top 5 in WS/48, top 5 in RPM, top 5 in BPM, top 5 in VORP, top 5 in team record in the WC, and last but not least top 5 in MVP race as of now. You gotta be delusional to say Harden is not a top 5 player right now.

ricardo1979 and Mr Chuck Norris like this.
  17. OTMax

OTMax Member

Anthony Davis, Westbrook, Leonard, Chris Paul & Harden are top 5.

18. ricardo1979

ricardo1979 Member

You are forgetting Lebron. Switch Paul and Lebron

don grahamleone likes this.
  19. OTMax

OTMax Member

Durant also makes a case along with Lebron, but those teams are just really good. Love & Irving, Curry...that's a lot of help.

20. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Durants TS% is 68%. That is insane.