1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Eric Gordon The second Playmaker

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mockster, Oct 29, 2016.

1. mockster

mockster Member

its actually pretty sad for the longest time the Rockets have not had anybody who can dribble the ball, create their own shot and create plays besides harden [occasionally Bev] until Eric Gordon came along. We finally have somebody who's not just a pure catch in shoot/dunk guy. He finished with 18 points and 6 assist last night. I have high hopes for this guy and the rockets. The problem always use to be Hardrn was the only guy who could really make plays in crunch time and all the defenders focused on him. It's nice to have somone who can actually dribble the dang ball and make something happen

It's still a little concerning we don't have more players who can do this [Maybe KJ at some point]

Tha_Dude and Dick Dijon like this.
  2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

3. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

Gordon hardly ever passes.

4. Dalton Truelove

Beasley was pretty good at creating his own shot. To bad we shipped him away for nothing:(

5. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

I agree. I just don't understand why they don't put the ball directly in his hands when Harden is on the bench. Compared to what else is on our team, he should be handling he ball just like Harden when Harden sits. But for some strange reason, MDA seems to be intent on developing Ennis into some type of respectful NBA PG, which I just don't see happening.

Remlap likes this.
  6. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

the offense should always run through him when harden is on the bench. i see several posessions where he doesnt even touch the ball. u got brewer and ennis playing hot potato with it instead smh

Remlap and saleem like this.
  7. WilliamGCash

WilliamGCash Member

He was a black hole.

8. RocketsFan92

RocketsFan92 Member

Whose eric gordAn?

9. StrawberryJamm

Figured Gordon would be a good go to guy when Harden gets a break, the question is, Is he capable of being the primary ball handler and Points guard a la Harden for 10-12 minutes? Our 2nd quarter bench unit has been Ennis, Gordon, Brewer, Dekker, Capela. What happens if you sub in KJ for Ennis? That lineup defensively can switch everything, It's worth checking out, seeing if Gordon can handle more while Beverly is out.

banzai likes this.
  10. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

At least he was something, ennis is nothing

Dalton Truelove and Remlap like this.
  11. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

He's been everything we hoped for so far. Fitting in next to Harden perfectly, hitting 3s, driving to the rim, and even playmaking. A consistent 15-20 a night on great efficiency and can handle the offense when Harden sits? Beautiful.

Actually I'm loving our 2/3 depth. Harden, Gordon, KJ, Ariza, yes even Brewer in spurts. That's as solid as you're going to get.

Could use an upgrade in front court talent though.

12. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

really praying he stays healthy...

13. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

If we had him in 2014 we would have won 64+ games and won the championship.

14. basketballholic

EGo would excel as the third playmaker. He is too turnover prone to be #2 playmaker.

15. BAHAMIANFAN

BAHAMIANFAN Contributing Member

His whining is going to get really tiresome though.

16. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

What is he whining about

17. pass_to_Hakeem

I'm sorry. It while I haven't seen the makings of a "Baron Davis" over there in Ennis, I've seen A LOT worse..... he isn't THAAAAAT bad now guys!!

18. BAHAMIANFAN

BAHAMIANFAN Contributing Member

Calls that don't go his way. Just keep playing instead of complaining.

19. BigSquirm

BigSquirm Member

that's a reason I wanted rudy gay so bad but I would rather watch kj develop

20. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

It's refreshing to see a secondary playmaker. Gordon is extremely versatile offensively. He can shoot, drive, and pass. He's no pure point, but he's like a Joe Johnson in that he's a swiss army man when it comes to offense. He does it all.

Remlap likes this.