1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets @ Mavs Friday

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by The_Yoyo, Oct 24, 2016.

1. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

anyone going to the game or interested in going to the game in the DFW area? I am wanting to go and the Rockets fan I went with in the past has moved out of the area. Don't really know too many others in the area just yet.

send me a PM through the board.

thanks

Housports and tracymac like this.
  2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Don't miss the opportunity to go to a game with @The_Yoyo people. Great game buddy

And if you're lucky, Morey knows The_Yoyo by sight, so you might get to meet the head honcho if you arrive early. I've witnessed Morey walk up 10 rows and scrambling over 10 seats to say high to him at a game

Pen15clubber likes this.
  3. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

LCAhmed likes this.
  4. RedDragon01

RedDragon01 Member

The wife and I are thinking about it. I've never met up for a game before with people I don't know. How would this work as far as getting tickets and making sure we're in the same area?

5. Housports

Housports New Member

I am not able to send PM's for whatever reason. But would be interested in meeting up at the game, there are a few of us that already have tickets.

6. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

The wife and I will be in attendance! I wouldn't mind meeting up before, at halftime, or after the game.

7. topfive's_gf

topfive's_gf Member

I'm in Dallas this week for work and have my ticket in hand! I'm all for a meet up with fellow clutchfans. Topfive will be there in spirit (no, he didn't die, he's back home in the PNW).

8. RedDragon01

RedDragon01 Member

If PMs are possible on this forum, I can't find a way to send them. So I hope you're watching the thread. ;)

9. heypartner

Click a poster's name under their avatar. In the popup window, click "Start a Conversation". Replies are alerted by the notification Mail icon in the upper right by your name.

alternatively, you can start conversations by hitting the Mail icon and typing in anyone's name, and multiple ppl too.

10. The Summit

The Summit Contributing Member

I'll be there with my wife as well, Platinum Level, Section 204. Hope there's a lot of red in the building!

11. tracymac

tracymac Member

Very interested. I was just looking at tickets. Apparently I'm not allowed to start conversations/PMs so replying here.

12. heypartner

Are you sure? Ppl can block conversations to only friends or open to all members. Plus were you logged in when you tried.

You can test by trying to start a convo with me. I'm open to all.

1. First you like my post to gain permission
    2. Then you click my name to the left for the post you liked.
    3. In pop up, click Start Conversation
    4. I'll reply for confirmation

Anyone else is free to test this with me as well

Housports and tracymac like this.
  13. bigbodymoe

bigbodymoe Contributing Member

Yoyo, my wife and I will be in Dallas for business on Friday and we'd love to go to the game. Hit me up!

14. The_Yoyo

Hey guys - yeah I havent bought tickets yet I figured I would wait until tomorrow to get them if I was able to find someone -

as for PMs - I always kept it open not sure if anything change with the new format but I've always gotten emails through the board

I just sent a conversation to you tracymac and bigbodymoe

15. heypartner

You have Conversations turned off. Or maybe set to "Only People You Follow". We can't start a conversation with you. If that is not your intention, click your user name above, and go to Privacy settings to change.

I'm not sure if the BBS sends emails anymore. Conversations might have replaced that. We can also Post to ppl's profile page, but that's like Facebook posting to someone's Wall, it can be hidden from all, viewed by friends, viewed by all members and even by all members and visitors (depending upon your settings), and can show up as results in BBS Searches. So, most ppl use the Conversation feature, because that's guaranteed to be private.

16. The_Yoyo

thanks i guess so I just enabled it - but I sent an convo so hopefully will get some replies from them

17. heypartner

Yeah, it's on now. I just sent a test conversation message.

From what I can figure, your settings don't block your ability to send. If you sent one to another, I'm sure it went through. You'll see an alert on the Mail icon above when they respond.

18. solodolo11

solodolo11 Member

We should make official clutchfans.net shirts so we can spot our fellow posters whether in Houston or at away games. Like a secret society we're all apart of haha

Pen15clubber likes this.
  19. topfive

topfive CF OG

Disclaimer: I would have died if Dwight had decided to take that player option for this year.

The_Yoyo likes this.
  20. 00rocketgirl

00rocketgirl Contributing Member

I'll be at the game with 3 friends. We've got our hotel booked, but still haven't decided on game tickets. Might just go upperbowl. We'd be down for a Rockets fans gathering before/after!

Clutch likes this.