1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

TRUMP: 'I am a victim of one of the greatest political smear campaigns in the history of our country

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RocketsLegend, Oct 15, 2016.

1. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I now expect there to be violence come Nov 9th

2. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

A few years back I had a friend that was thinking about running for County Commissioner in an East Texas County. Some local people had approached him. But I told him Terry, you can't run for office, you have smoked pot with a lot of people in the county, there is no way a political opponent will not find that out and use it against you.

Did Trump not know this was going to happen? He has made a point of living his life purposely unabashed.

It's not a conspiracy, it is the way the game is played.

3. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

He surely does and push it to a level I don't recall seeing ever in the US. The pattern with Trump is he does something and claim the other side of doing that. It's amazing to witness. The greatest smear campaign against him. WTF has he been doing since the tapes? It's like he is always looking at a mirror and think the person he's seeing is his opponent.

#23 Amiga, Oct 15, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2016
  4. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Maybe Trump is just expressing a Dada-ist form of politics:

Many Dadaists believed that the 'reason' and 'logic' of bourgeois capitalist society had led people into war. They expressed their rejection of that ideology in artistic expression that appeared to reject logic and embrace chaos and irrationality.[8][9] For example, George Grosz later recalled that his Dadaist art was intended as a protest "against this world of mutual destruction."[8]

According to Hans Richter Dada was not art: it was "anti-art."[7] Dada represented the opposite of everything which art stood for. Where art was concerned with traditionalaesthetics, Dada ignored aesthetics. If art was to appeal to sensibilities, Dada was intended to offend.

As Hugo Ball expressed it, "For us, art is not an end in itself ... but it is an opportunity for the true perception and criticism of the times we live in."[10]

5. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

he got this far being in the right place at the right time. there will be many more 'trumps' to follow in the coming years. the electorate is simply too fed up with career politicians and endless corruption

6. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

If Trump lose by a landslide... probably not. There is much fed up with politicians and corruption. But that is very different from always living in an alternate reality that is TrumpLand, made possible by years of GOP leaders.

7. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I think his narcissism makes him believe he legitimately has never done any wrong.

8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Trump has some serious issues - I think he generally believes he is the victim and that grabbing women by the p***y is not really that big of a deal.

9. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i consider bernie part of the same movement, away from the dc criminal class. so i meant there will much more bernies/trumps to come. the paul ryans and pelosi's etc will end up dinosaurs. and i don't believe trump losing by any margin will change this shift. in any case, whoever would have occupied the white house, will imo end up chairing the worst treasuries (and overall public sector) collapse in a dozen decades. and this will only fuel further disdain for govt institutions. fact of the matter is if the establishment was smart, they would just let trump win and take the fall, thereby extinguishing a good portion of this overall movement in the process.

10. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

All Trump needs to blame is his dick.

11. Major

Major Member

Seems like whininess is a terrible quality in a President. When some other country does something he doesn't like, is he just going to whine about how the world is so unfair?

12. Major

Major Member

Great defeatist attitude from a man who wants to be President.

13. Big Uns

Big Uns Member

Maybe because your douchebag REPUBLICAN nominee, thought it was fair game to parade around Jennifer Flowers, and a group of women that claimed Bill assaulted them.

Stop being such a hypocritical, crying vagina.

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

If you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen.

Trump is a deplorable human, he is facing his own past and no one but him is to blame.

DD

15. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

If Trump is the victim of the greatest smear campaign he is also the primary enabler of the greatest smear campaign. It couldn't happen without him.

By the way, he refused to let his campaign do oppo research on himself, which is a standard practice. That way you have knowledge of the issues and a plan for response. Just another data point that he was never a serious candidate.

16. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

But the voting is anonymous and Hillary is white?

17. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Perhaps because Trump has been proven out to be the most dangerous man to have ever run for President, proven out by his own confessions (in his case, bragging) of past sexual abuses and by the large number of victims coming out with their testimonials.

And now his threats of a "revolution"... actually calling for unrest? People that still support him should be ashamed (of course they won't since they have no moral compass).

18. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

In a way, Obama was one of that when he first ran. So, "outsider" that isn't a crazy egomaniac - yeap, absolutely, although I personally think it's silly to expect a true outsider (i.e. no political experience) to be able to manage the US and world affairs effectively. But other than the Obama type (a few years as a politician) and the Trump type (egomanic), I'm not sure if anyone would be willing to step up, or could step up. And I think Trump has left such a distaste that another Trump character is not going to happen.

19. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

You're really obsessed with this. I hear a lot of nonsense and conspiracy theories, but I never hear this.

Its one thing to think this, but its a completely different thing to wish for this, which is obviously what you're going for.

20. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Trump is wrong yet again. He is a victim of his own stupidity and juvenile behavior.