1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Las Vegas help

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rockets Pride, Aug 29, 2015.

1. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Was supposed to be in Vegas right now, but baby came 7 weeks early :(

2. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

Never stayed at Rio, but did their seafood buffet many many years ago. Was pretty good. Haven't been back there since, so can't speak to the hotel. It is a Caesar's property, and I believe they treat is as one of their middle of their hotels. At least comp-wise. I suppose you know that seeing as you have it comped.

As for the resort fees, you'll have to play enough to get them removed at the end of your stay if they aren't comped up front. You can check with the host on duty before you leave and find out if you can get any if not all of it comped. If you have a host, go directly to them.

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

Rio is pretty dated. And that Voo Doo rooftop place although the view is pretty cool, im not even sure its even open anymore. haha. But yeah really the only way to get those hotel fees waived is based on your play. Make an effort to gamble at the property consistently. If you have your own host that originally comped your stay, he/she will keep track of your play based on your TR card. In other words if you lose enough they could just comp the fees lol. But yeah if you're looking for nicer nightlife, you'll need to go on the strip hotels (Wynn, Encore, Cosmo, MGM, Caesers etc). An uber ride isn't much at all to/from the strip

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

congrats man

5. EssTooKayTD

Slight correction here. Doesn't matter if you lose or win. It's how much you are wagering per bet for X hours, and also depends on the game you are playing aka your theoretical loss. Unless things have changed that I don't know about.

Going off the fact that you are surprised you got comp'd at Rio, indicates to me your play is relatively low roller or it was a fishing offer, so chances are you are paying for resort fees. But hey, better than paying for the room AND fees!

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

Yeah that's true also but depending on what hotel you're at your win/loss does matter especially at a much nicer/expensive hotel. It's much easier to get comped at a place such as the Rio or somewhere off the strip compared to a Wynn/Encore/Caesers etc.

7. ths balla

ths balla Member

I was more surprised because it was Halloween weekend and similarly rated hotels were charging close to their normal rate even when using my players card. To your point though, I will take a 3 night stay in Vegas for $100 total in a 3/3.5 star hotel every time.

8. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

Yeah, its been years and years since I went to the Voo Doo place. Might actually be a restaurant/bar now and not a club? I dunno. I just remember really liking the live band and the views from the roof.

9. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Why do clubs want to get all these edm DJs and want you to wear dress shoes? If you just sit on your ass no need to have edm DJs. If you are on your feet dancing might as well have comfortable shoes.

10. AB423

AB423 Member

Rio sucks balls!!! That place is old, reminds me of a motel 6.

tinman likes this.
  11. aeroman10

aeroman10 Contributing Member

Great...all MGM properties now charge parking fees even for guests staying at the hotel.
    We will be staying at one of the MGM hotels and looks like we will have to pay $8 per day. At least it comes with in and out privilege and your parking pass can be used at any MGM hotel. Still kind of sucks to pay an additional parking fee on top of the resort fees.

jsingles likes this.
  12. King of 40 Acres

King of 40 Acres Contributing Member

Heading to Vegas next weekend for Memorial Day weekend.. anyone been recently and have any tips / places to check out. Thinking about hitting up Tao Beach Club during the day on Saturday.. anyone gone and if so what did you think

13. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Egg Slut and Milk are good restaurants at Cosmo, relatively cheap for Vegas

14. TheresTheDagger

If you haven't been to Fremont Street recently, it's worth the drive downtown to check it out. I was there last Saturday (first time in 10+ years) and it has changed SO much. The Fremont street experience is just the beginning...its almost like a gigantic street carnival now.

15. jsingles

jsingles Member

+1
    Zipline down Fremont. I've done the lower level and upper level, it's an amazing ride. If you're going to Tao on a Saturday afternoon, better be prepared for a sausage fest with a bunch of bros wearing baseball caps and drinking Fireball at the pool.

I cannot recommend Peppermill anymore than to tell you that it's a great place to eat. It was built in the 70's and doesn't look like it's changed even slightly, if you want a retro-Vegas feel, you can't beat this place. Their portions are comically large.

16. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

Looking forward to getting back to Vegas. 6 nights. in mid june Staying at Bally's.

17. King of 40 Acres

King of 40 Acres Contributing Member

Lol duly noted.

jsingles likes this.
  18. EssTooKayTD

I think Holsteins at the Cosmo is pretty solid for a burger. Eggslut is not too bad for breakfast. Lotus of Siam for Thai off the strip is good. District 1 is a good Viet fusion type place as well.

Don't do the day club thing, so I'm no help there.

19. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

Every hotel has a great Steak House, but my personal favorite is Craftsteak at MGM. They sear the steak and then finish them in a super hot broiler so they are crunchy black on the outside and medium rare on the inside. Awesome. If you are up to spending a couple hundred per person on a meal and you are with someone, they have a great two person tasting menu with multiple starters, two steaks, and dessert.

Dgn1 likes this.
  20. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

I recommend Hash House A Go Go for breakfast. Skip the Wicked Spoon buffet. Not worth 50 bucks. I'll be there in two weeks.