1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DMO's agent "Rockets not doing enough to re sign him"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by motleydeflep6, Sep 14, 2016.

1. ricardo1979

ricardo1979 Member

D'Antoni was talking about playing Dekker at the 4 this season so that might be something.Plus Nene is versatile enough to play both 4 and the 5 spot.

2. 13BeardsIN1

13BeardsIN1 Member

Does anybody think MDA will put pressure on Morey to sign him?

I don't...

My Gawd!

Is that Carl Landry's music?

3. nobie

nobie Member

yes these are salaries that players actually get in there bank accounts without needing to pay any taxes (the club pays the taxes). So if DMo gets 4kk euro offer in europe, its around 6-8mil $ in NBA.

4. 13BeardsIN1

13BeardsIN1 Member

5. nobie

nobie Member

double post...

6. Yaosthirdleg

Yaosthirdleg Member

I like BJ.

7. OTMax

OTMax Member

we should've kept Jones, check his statline of last night :D

Cashmoney likes this.
  8. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

On what basis do you know he is such a good person? His Twitter feed? You sound like a lovestruck pre-teen

CCity Zero and Cashmoney like this.
  9. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

To expand further. I couldn't care less if he's a good person or not. As long as said teammate gets along with the rest of the players i couldn't care less if he's a prick or bill gates v2.

CCity Zero and oakdogg like this.
  10. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I hope jopat/basketballholic bet another username on this

oakdogg likes this.
  11. JJWhat?

JJWhat? Member

Donatas Motiejunas liked this

I guess it's as official as an unofficial gets - bye bye momo

12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I know some people like to dismiss him like he's not much more than a scrub player. I tend to believe they forget how good he was in the 14-15 season when Dwight Howard missed half of the games. I would go so far to say that DMo made Morey's blunders in the offseason before look not as bad. Too bad he got injured right before the playoffs and never really got back.

I totally understand the concern about his health risk. I believe that is the reason why he is not getting any offer. But his skills are intriguing. He could be a very good player if his health held up.

GermanRoxFan and glenadyll like this.
  13. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

d-mo has a chance to fill a big hole on this roster - he's holding out for more. after we tried to trade him? i dont blame him.

14. glenadyll

glenadyll Contributing Member

This board is always so reactionary. You can tell when posters get their feelings hurt by a player, and it is so rare to see someone post with perspective that looks beyond the recent recent past.

I too am annoyed that this whole situation is in limbo, and that I've had to go to hoopsrumors.com every 2 hours for the last several months, but D-Mo has legitimate talent, and if he comes back we will see a ton of these "D-Mo sucks anyways," folks praising Captain Hook.

Easy and GermanRoxFan like this.
  15. basketballholic

Yule C.

The handwriting was on the wall when we signed Ryan Anderson. But most if you are in denial. I've told you DMo and Anderson are repetitive. You point to the differences in their games. I've told you that it is ludicrous to believe that all 4 of Nene, Capela, Anderson, and DMo are going to get starter minutes. You ignore that.

I've told you the Nets want him and will pay him. You don't believe that. We want him back on a cheap one year deal so we can trade Anderson and keep him on a low cap hold or we want him on a small three year deal so we can have the option to trade him or Anderson at the deadline. DMo knows all that and doesn't want to be our trade pawn. He also knows if he signs an offer sheet that we are matching it and then likely trading him next summer. And he doesn't want to be our trade pawn.

Nothing that has happened here should surprise anybody. DMo wants his dough and his role on a team he wants to play for. And we are controlling him.

Like I told you a long time ago the most likely resolution is a sign-and-trade. If he comes back on a low one year offer it will be a miracle and a change of heart and a real trust bind between him and Morey. If that happens look for Anderson to be moved to Sacramento on or after Dec. 15th. But the most like resolution is STILL a sign-and-trade.

Yule C.

16. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

Wtf is he talking about?

17. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

I think there's just a difference of opinion on gambling on his health. Some people reference 2014-15 all the time. You'll see I never do. There's no disagreement over how good he was in 2014-15. I just don't have any confidence in him post-injury. I don't believe a back injury is automatically going to get better with time, and he wasn't 2014-15 DMo when he came back last year

Cashmoney likes this.
  18. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Exactly

19. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

so, should we start debating which Euroleague teams are best suited for him?

Something like: He'd be a perfect fit with Spanoulis

20. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

I think this is the part that his more passionate fans do not realize. D-Mo had only one good season and it wasn't even a full season, before he went down with back surgery. He has not proven a damn thing after coming back that can inspire confidence in anyone and even had a trade rescinded because of his back. It's fascinating how sure they are that D-Mo will completely recover back to pre-back injury form and want the Rockets to give a contract betting on those odds. The fact that we have not heard any team offering anything to him is damning enough about what the actually intelligent people who are in the know due to actually being part of that business in the NBA are all staying away.

CCity Zero likes this.