1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The WWE/Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by stthomsfinest, Aug 20, 2013.

1. SuraGotMadHops

Jon Stewart won't allow it.

2. SuraGotMadHops

Jon Stewart won't allow it.

3. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Smackdown was far and away the better show this week. Dolph's promos are usually a miss, but this one was the best of his I've seen since coming back to wrestling.
    Meanwhile Raw can't book a show that can consistently feature Sami Zayn, Neville, or anyone else from the midcard because they need to fit 3 squash matches and Steph needs tv time to belittle people.

4. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

Gallows & Anderson vs Kofi & Big E was my fave match of the week on WWE TV (haven't watched Lince Dorado v Hideo Itami yet (expect him on RAW in the CW division) Can't ever remember seeing Kofi bleed and he was a bloody mess after that match. Gallows & Anderson keep coming closer and closer too the title. I really like how they are booking this program. They get more and more violent and vicious with each shot and I think they end New Days run at the next PPV. The Club seems to be catching more and more interest and heat from crowds being involved in all the tag team main events. Thankfully scrapping the ridiculous promo hi jinks. They just need to beat people up

5. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

Both shows are booked well, I feel AJ probably is the best outside of SHINSUKE (Zayn at Takeover Dallas and Balor in his farewell NXT match were the only two capable of pushing him to his best). Alpha is probably my fave tag team. Becky is the best in ring competition not in NXT. Mauro & JBL are the two best commentators in the company.

BUT the overall talent on RAW is far greater and stuff like TJ Perkins v Tony Nese and C Alexander & R Swann v Lince Dorado and Drew Gulak only increase that. You don't need to have huge storylines for them. The CW division is about pure friendly (outside of Kendrick, the loose cannon) competition. I know these guys are probably super nervous wrestling in front of huge crowds but there's still 5-10 minute stretches of the same kind of brilliance they showed they are capable of in the CWC. They arent wrestling in huge wrestling cities like NYC, Philly, Chicago, etc) but they are getting good chunks of crowds being loud. WCW's division never had big storylines but that division grew and grew and was getting 25-30 minutes in the first match on every Nitro, when the NWO was red hot and WCW was blowing WWF out of the water for over a year. The talent is there the familiarity with the WWE Universe is not.

Already mentioned the Club/New Day fued.

Like the Owens & Authority v Rollins fued. Can see a Shield reunion (if just Rollins & Reigns). I think this is the big angle culminating at WM.

Charlotte, Sasha & Bayley being involved in the women's title picture will always be a great match. Don't really need to add more of a storyline than what's been layed out over the last 3+ years.

Like the Cesaro/Sheamus thing. I think they resume their fued at some point.

Zayn and Neville deserve more but they've had huge moments early on and they will have plenty more.

I love seeing Foley on TV each and every time.

6. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

hahahahahaahahaha.

The booking is the worst it has ever been.

Ever!

7. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

Go jerk off too TNA

8. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

TNA isn't worth my time. Haven't watched in years.

9. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

so there are rumors Royal Rumble will be in SA instead of LA, if that's the case I'm going!

checked ATT Center and Staples Center's schedule, both got nothing scheduled for 1/22/2017

suppose to be announced on Monday

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  10. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

Ibushi and Itami teaming together for the Dusty Classic! Wow!

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  11. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

That's amazing! Roode and Dillinger too, PERFECTLY GLORIOUS!

12. VanityHalfBlack

Damn, that Dusty Classic is going to be awesome. LOL at Ibushi still flirting with NXT. I thought this dude didn't sign? Such a weird dude.

13. VanityHalfBlack

Dude, I'll probably buy tix too. ****, I ain't missing RR, you know there's gonna be some debuts for sure.

14. SK34

SK34 Member

I guess they'll again make him go to semis or finals and then end up losing to whomever signed. It has more to do with Itami ATM.

15. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

Ronda Rousey, Shayna Baszler and Eddie Kingston amongst the 40 who had invite only tryouts at the WWE Performance Center today

Maybe Charlotte v Rousey happens at WM after all

16. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

Maaaate...

Baszler, who is friends with Rousey, is there. Not Ronda herself.

Besides, ya really think Ronda would need a 'tryout'?

17. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Damn I'm getting my hopes up. We as a crowd must have really pleased Vince at the last Raw.

18. VanityHalfBlack

Most Definately. Most of the shows in the midwest sucked balls. Especially Cincinnati, what a horrible crowd that is.

19. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

it's happening......

http://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/2...-221826?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

It'll be interesting if it's going to be at Alamodome again.

I'm so there, I hope they have a NXT show also

vinsensual likes this.
  20. VanityHalfBlack

Dude, you know evolve is going to be in San Anton along with other indie promotions too! I'm going to them since the tickets are cheap as *** for Indie shows.

Dave2000 likes this.