1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Toyota Center tickets

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by WhoMikeJames, Sep 23, 2016.

1. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

Red Hot Chili Peppers tickets just went on sale @10am... I did the captcha and asked for 2 best available literally at 10am and it says no tickets are available? Does this happen often? Looking on stubhub there are already a bunch of tickets going for ridiculous prices... **** scalpers so much. How are there NO TICKETS left ?? its an enormous stadium and I requested literally when they went on sale

2. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Season ticket holders get tickets ahead of time, as well as presale usually clears the rest of it out. I know Season ticket holders can buy more than their seat amounts ( I had 2 seats, but was able to buy 4 tickets, sometimes more if I just asked my rep). So I'd imagine waiting for them on the scheduled release would have been random 1 seaters here or there. Red Hot Chili Peppers is a big band, which I'm not surprised by instant sell out. Sorry you couldn't get tickets breh.

3. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

Yeah I know there are presales, it just blows my mind they don't have a SINGLE pair of tix left for the regular on sale. Why bother having a regular on sale?

4. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

The same thing happened to me. Now I get to pay the scalpers.

5. LCAhmed

I mean, it's a very popular band. If it were a not so popular band, I'm sure the regular sale would have been plentiful. I think it's hard to cap a presale. I'm sure you'll be able to get close to face value if you wait and time it right. People who try to resell tend to inflate their prices, then drop every week until they realize nobody wants to pay them rape price and will opt to get their money back as they don't intend on using those tickets. Seen it too many a time, especially a week or so before the concert.

6. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

I've been STH for the past 10 years and I have yet to get a ringside first row seat for any WWE event.....

I've accepted that it is a scam somewhere......

7. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Managed to get Floor seat section A row 24 but backed out right at 10am. Instant regret. Had to settle for section 108 row 24.

8. bigben69

bigben69 Member

Ticket industry is shady AF. For the seinfeld show in Sugar Land coming up, someone at ticketmaster leaked the code that was meant only for City of Sugar Land employees before they even got the code. So someone in Canada bought a lot of the tickets and were reselling them before the real presale even started. I have been at my computer waiting for presales to start for shows and still not able to find tickets but see them on other sites marked up. Stubhub and other sites obviously have their ways to get them early.

9. LCAhmed

I know there are a lot of people out there with money who have connections with people in charge of the release of these codes or who are in charge of release of tickets. They just buy them out and pay off whoever helped them.

10. Victorious

Victorious Member

their system is crap! if you get a no ticket error right when they go live, keep trying. I got that error too but after a couple minutes, tickets started showing up. i actually found a floor ticket, which was not available in presale, but I already had bought mine via presale.

most of the RHCP tickets went to presale, rhcp fan club got a presale and then toyota center presale. so there might have been slim pickings. but the tip is, when buying tix via tc website, if you get 0 tickets showing up right when they go live, just keep trying. i don't think their site can handle the traffic.

11. Butterfingers

Butterfingers Contributing Member

Where is the best place to watch a concert in the Toyota center? Floor? Half court line? Behind the backboard facing the stage? I got money to spend since I love these guys, but I want to get good value. I haven't been to a Toyota center concert ever.

Should I buy 2 section 119 tickets row 16 for $499 with fees?

#11 Butterfingers, Sep 23, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2016
  12. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

Sign up to be a toyota center insider you get pre sale for almost every event when you do that.

13. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

Yeah, I also had this problem. I just kept re-checking constantly. I ended up with the expensive nosebleeds.

14. mrm32

mrm32 Member

I like to sit in the club section around half court. 106-108 or whatever is opposite that.

I can't do floor seats because I'm sure I'll get giants sitting in front of me. :(

15. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

I paid $99 for each, they are double that on stubhub. That's pretty ridiculous... I know the price gouging is really bad for artist like Adele, tickets are 4/5 times the price of the original tickets. Beyonce's were insane.

16. King of 40 Acres

King of 40 Acres Contributing Member

Def prefer club seats too. If you can find some in either 120 or 107 (midcourt sections) about 5-15 rows up you'll be golden.