1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Rockets trade Michael Beasley to Bucks for Tyler Ennis

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketsPimp, Sep 22, 2016.

1. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

[​IMG]

2. PhiSlammaJamma

Seems like the idea is pick and roll point guard as that is what he did in Syracuse.

3. thejav

thejav Member

Good trade..

4. topfive

topfive CF OG

Well I see ONE big change in the new board software.

5. AceOfSpades

AceOfSpades Member

I actually liked B-eazy on this team, but if there is one position we shouldn't question Morey on, it is the point guard position. He has a habit of finding diamonds in the rough PGs...

6. Caesar

Caesar Member

Good trade. I liked Beasley while he was here, but that was probably not going to last. He's a black hole. Can't do anything but score in ISO, it was only a matter of time before Harden ISO'ed him in return.

7. malakas

malakas Member

Days like this make me want to quit following the nba ..

Trash in, more annoying trash out. A mirale that Morey didn't manage to stick Sewer in the deal.

Ennis can't play off the ball and isn't a good ballhandler. He is a manage the pace guard with just great composure. (that the only thing he's good at) He also can't run an offence well. Just a huge meh all around except D where he's bad. Whatever.

8. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

Buck fans seem super excited about this trade...

If we get Rubio I'm done with Morey. I hate Rubio honestly

9. malakas

malakas Member

That's because they don't watch the Rockets.
    They also think that Sewer is a good defender and that Beverly can run an offence..

I'm so pissed that on top of losing Mids I will have to watch now Beasley. My god.

10. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Say what you will, Beasley was fairly easily the second most exciting player to watch on the Rockets last year. 13-5 in 18 minutes a game is unreal...

11. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

You have gained a whole lot of insight on a guy that played almost never last year.

12. AKVerse47

AKVerse47 Member

horrible trade

13. malakas

malakas Member

Of course I have since I have watched almost every minute he has played in his nba carreer.

14. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Which in all honesty, is very little.

It's like coming to a conclusion on how good Vassily Spanoodle would have been... :grin:

15. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

****ing a... Not sure on it, I did like Beasley, especially for nice contract. But let's see

16. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

We give up our 2nd most efficient scorers and could probably be 6th man of the year for a nobody and left with 2 injury prone players for a player who might not even play

17. malakas

malakas Member

No.
    It's more than enough to say what I have. He was given plenty of chances last year. It was his fault that he didn't show enough. Especially after the ASW when MCW went down and with him being an average shooter.
    But he failed to take advantage of them to the point that even Vaughn started over him. The minutes he has played is already enough to see clearly that his handle is shaky that he can't function off the ball and that his vision is average. And that he seriously lacks strength and his quickness is bad for small pg.
    I saw him in the conference two days ago and he didn't seem to have added much mass. We will see what he's been doing this summer coz last summer he was injured.

18. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

13-5 with a massive high usage, he didn't pass much

We needed more depth at point guard. Also not sure how Beasley would work in D'Antoni's pick and roll, something Ennis is meant to be good at. Also this frees up time for Harrell who showed glimpses last season late

19. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Fair enough. Really do appreciate the insights though. :)

Very true, but the usage didn't decrease his efficiency in the slightest. He earned that usage rate.

I agree. Completely understandable trade.

I think Beez will struggle in MIL. Just not a great fit. I think he had a much better chance to prosper here with Harden and D'Antoni.

20. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

There's a reason why Beasley was passed around then ended up in China despite some great individual skills. He's dumb and lazy. He is not respected at all in the Rockets' locker room and that's a fact. I don't know anything about Ennis but losing Beasley is a complete non factor.