1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Seattle hotels: 9.20.16

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by DonkeyMagic, Sep 20, 2016.

1. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What is happening in Seattle on September 20th that is causing all hotels in the area to be booked?

I have some family flying back after a week long trip along the the northwest, part of which I joined them for. I'm flying back tomorrow from Vancouver but they leave from Seattle Wednesday. They are looking for a hotel room in Seattle on the 20th since they fly out on the 21st but everything is booked and prices are crazy where there is availability, even at shady type places

So what's causing all of the rooms being booked ?

I thinks it's because of the Microsoft meeting in Vancouver to discuss the Seattle/Vancouver development as an "innovation hub" but im still shocked by how many of the hotels are booked. I've done some superficially digging online but I don't see anything significant other than the Microsoft thing but that amount of rooms doesn't seem to make since. Or maybe it does given the collection of industry people ...I don't know. ..this thing makes me feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

2. s land balla

s land balla Contributing Member

I'll book you a room with points in exchange for cash if you want.

I can get you a room (including free breakfast) at the Hyatt Regency Bellevue on Seattle's Eastside for $300.

1 person likes this.
  3. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

No luck on airbnb?

1 person likes this.
  4. BALLhog 247 365

Might be all the Blue Jays fans in Seattle for the series...it looked like a home game for Toronto at Safeco Field last night. It was nuts.

1 person likes this.
  5. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Good looking out. They have points but didn't want to spend them on just a nights sleep and 300 was more than they wanted to spend.

I think they looked there too but wasn't much for a reasonable price

Good idea. I still have a hard time believing visiting fans booked up the city that much but maybe it was that in conjunction with Microsoft visitors. One of their waiters mentioned there was a secret meeting of Volkswagen folks but that sounds fishy. Apparently the hotels didn't give any indication of why they were so booked when they called.

They found a place on the Washington border which isn't too bad since they were driving back from Vancouver but it is still 90 minutes from the airport.

6. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

It's probably the last day before the 10 consecutive months of unrelenting drizzle and suicide.

7. Buck Turgidson

Yeah, there is that.

Go back to Whidbey or San Juan or Vancouver somewhere?