1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Cut Carlos Gomez.

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by underrated015, Aug 8, 2016.

?

Who is most responsible for Gomez debacle?

Poll closed Oct 29, 2016.
  1. 5

18.5%
  2. Luhnow

3.7%
  3. Hinch

7.4%
  4. Hitting Coach

44.4%
  5. Moneyball aggregate offense approach

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Hell if I know but what a disaster

44.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Garropalo was playing like NFL MVP those first 6-7 quarters of football so I don't know how you can say Brisset is better.

2. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

If Brisket was better, they would play him over Grabapolo.

3. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Dak Prescott had a lot of pre draft hype. Rumor was Denver was interested.

Goff looks really bad but Garoppollo was excellent yesterday

4. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

You sound like a BOF (Black Only Fan) :grin: ;)

5. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Hope is what I'm clinging on to breh.

6. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Of course one of those guys has had 3 years to be groomed into what he is, while studying under one of the greatest QB's of all time and the greatest coach of all time.

Goff (and other young QB's) would all likely benefit similarly.

7. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Also Wentz and Prescott look light years better than Goff. Bridgewater, Mariota, Carr and Jamies as rookies did too. Lynch looked very solid in preseason

Not sure what's going on with Goff, he might just need more time but he also looks physically overmatched

8. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Obviously.

9. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

that one running play they had schemed into the chiefs gameplan indicates this is probably true lol...seriously though. that ONE running play. lamar miller got the snot beat out of him on that ONE running play they had designed.

CJF split out wide...LBer follow out wide...CJF motions back to the line to block, brings extra tackler into the box with him....run right at extra tackler. that was a crap design from the pit of crap.

i believe one of the big benefits of motion is to give away the defenses coverage pre-snap. but they never opted to throw after that so....geez, i honestly don't know what the point was.

i've been saying for 2-3 weeks in conversation, it's like they bought the most beautifully constructed blade out there...but it isn't sharpened yet and is used by a novice. godsey the play caller leaves just about as much to be desired as possible. this offense is screaming potential and capitalizing on 1/10th of it AND still winning.

10. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

Do you guys think the Bears loss to the Eagles devalues our first win against them?

Their offense looked terrible, and I don't think it was the Eagles defense.

I'm really happy with our defense, but our offense still has a huge question mark looming. This concerns me moving forward. I don't think our offense has drastically changed from the years before.

11. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I'm just saying that the ability to succeed right away, vs. looking awful initially, does not necessarily portend a degree of long-term success vs. failure.

On the other hand, young/talented QB's that routinely sit and learn... tend to perform consistently and quite well when they're ultimately given their chance. Granted, most bad/desperate teams don't have the luxury of sitting a talented QB for multiple years while they "get it" (unlike the Pats and the Broncos with Brock).

12. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Not sure anybody was calling the Bears win a good win... but it was a game they were supposed to win.

The first-team offense has just 3 players currently that were regulars last year. Its going to take some time. The fact that they're 2-0 gives them a little more margin for error.

If they're still sputtering by week 5, I'll start to get worried that they don't have all the parts needed (mainly O-line).

13. vstexas09

Good point. I'll wait til week 5, or Thursday, should we see anything alarming during the game.

My expectations are high. The team has some major potential, and chemistry seems to be up there.

14. Buck Turgidson

We'll have to wait until the AP & Coaches polls come out, I guess.

15. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

How can you live life being so negative...

16. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Let's revisit this after, say, Week 8. Lots of new faces plus a patchwork O-line equals ugly offense to start the season.

Hopefully it all gets worked out as the season rolls along.

17. vstexas09

Houston Sports...have you not learned anything rooting for this city's teams?

18. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

BOB seems to have established the track record of slower starts... and the offense showing some more cohesiveness/effectiveness as the season goes on.

That being said, that usually has been because they've dumbed it down or they employed some gimmicks that caught teams by surprise.

19. vstexas09

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Patriots reportedly believe Jimmy Garoppolo (sprained AC joint) may be able to tolerate the pain, start vs. Texans <a href="https://t.co/9EPKsn2Qnd">https://t.co/9EPKsn2Qnd</a> <a href="https://t.co/56yPI5D6hy">pic.twitter.com/56yPI5D6hy</a></p>&mdash; Bleacher Report (@BleacherReport) <a href="https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/778222788217896960">September 20, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

20. vstexas09

Pats are so conniving in the lightest sense.

Release a report that Garoppolo is out; BOB gameplans around Brisset; Pats release another report saying Garoppolo may play...

hell, we might as well gameplan for Brady just to be safe...

the upside, i guess, is that there's tape on garoppolo