1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Terrorism] Muslim stabs 9 in Minnesota mall, saves fellow Muslims while praising Allah

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Honey Bear, Sep 18, 2016.

1. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/18/us/minnesota-mall-stabbing/index.html

3rd incident of terrorism in North America today.

2. Dei

Dei Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/OShTUfGCnVQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  3. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

We need Trump

4. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Deafening silence from True Beaner and New Yorker.

5. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Just terrible. I was in St. Cloud yesterday but not at that mall and didn't hear about the stabbing until later that night. St. Cloud is a very small city with a history of drunken riots over hockey victories rather than terrorism. Feel very bad for the victims.

I was over at the new Vikings' stadium two hours ago to pick up tickets for the game tonight and security is already very tight.

Given how this is the first game at the new stadium, a rivalry game and also a nationally televised game I'm betting police and stadium security are going to be very on edge.

6. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/19/us/minnesota-mall-stabbing/index.html

ISIS claims responsibility - but really just take unrequited credit for another moderate "radicalizing".

7. supdudes

supdudes Member

This is disturbing.

I remember having a debate with either fchow or someone who was arguing that the stats on Muslim beliefs I gave did not apply to the US.

Source: https://carm.org/islamic-muslim-statistics-on-violence-rape-terror-sharia-isis-welfare

A few posters pointed out that the method of some of these studies did not rule out bias. True. So we need more studies, instead of turning a blind eye. This is an issue that concerns all citizens.

I am of the opinion that Islamic terrorism can strike anywhere besides Europe because they stem from middle eastern countries. A solution is country based vetting for immigrants, and cracking down on domestic Islamic radicals. Doesn't mean other radical groups get the go ahead. But we need to hold all terrorists equal before the law.

8. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

If you guys are under the illusion that the Islamist terror that has been happening in Europe will not happen in the USA, you need to think again.

The whole narrative of "Muslims in the USA are so well-integrated, so that is proof that it has nothing to do with Islam" is stupid.

Islam is like cancer.

9. Exiled

Exiled Member

[youtube]EhDb93DBzB0[/youtube]

can you translate what did this intellectual German say!

10. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

^

WTF is that. You know not one single person is going to even bother watching your garbage right.

11. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

I think Islam can just be interpreted so many different ways. Extremists will always be able to use it for their personal gain. People who want to follow a more peaceful version will be able to do so as well. So maybe we need to look at the cultural/social makeup of where the majority of terrorist come from? Middle East? That place has always been a **** hole and will remain so.

I think if one was to magically take Islam out of the equation, the problems in that area would still continue to exist. Saudi and Iran wont become best friends. Israel and Palestinians will still hate each other. Iraq, Yemen, Libya, Syria, North Africa will still be hell on earth.

Not making an excuse for Islam whatsoever. You know I was raised a Muslim. And I admit many many problems exist within the ideology of Islam. But ultimately people should be held responsible for their actions. If their are idiots out there that will commit horrible crimes because they think some book from 1500 years ago condones it, then those same idiots will always be manipulated by others for personal gain.

1 person likes this.
  12. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

Jackasses like this guy are crazy. You can't fix crazy. It is no different than in the 80s and 90s when radical Christians would bomb abortion clinics... and this is coming from a gun-toting conservative.

People who have always had the urge to do harm, latch on to ideals that give them a reason to do that harm. Until we make mental health an issue, we will continue to have random attacks like this one.

CDC studies have shown that 1 in 5 adults will have major mental health issues in their lifetime, that is upwards of 50 million people in America alone. The longer we wait, the worse it gets and the more widespread as our population booms.

13. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

And what will Trump do?

Put brown shirts on the Streets?

This guy has been in the US since he was 2 years old (now 22). Told his family he was going to buy an iPhone.

ISIS had no direct connection. Come on....now.

14. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

There are 1.5 billion Muslims. If islam is the problem, then we are doomed. Stop blaming the whole religion and blame individuals.

15. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Worst repeated bullshet I've ever heard.

1 person likes this.
  16. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

I know he once had that SN but can you not use that? It's offensive to me alrite and I'm not even remotely Hispanic nor Latino.

17. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Complain to him. He posted under that name for years.

18. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Don't take it personal, he gets obsessed with people and trolls them (even stalked me on LinkedIn) - I wouldn't be surprised if ATW gets an automatic weapon and goes on an anti-Muslim rampage in Germany. Not many here would be surprised I bet.

19. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Hmmm....

20. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think after you stalked me, I have a right to see you as a dangerous threat. It's not a personal attack when you cross lines my friend. I honestly see you as unstable. That's not meant to be an insult. It's meant to say you kinda need help.