1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Beasley changing number to 6?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, Sep 17, 2016.

Tags:
  1. rockets13champs

When i played 2k17 last night. Beasley was wearing 6. It hasnt been announced yet. But im sure we will find out media day 2k17

1 person likes this.
  2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Who else completely forgot Beasley was on the team?

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Shandong MVP

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. cdain3

cdain3 Member

Me

5. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

6. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Terrence Jones is pissed off.

Avery Johnson, Carlos Rogers and Bonzi Wells will never have jersey retired.

Sad day.

7. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

no one should forget the best player on our team last year.

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Who could forget the worst defender on the roster? No one else makes James Harden look like a defensive anchor.

9. CertifiedTroll

I am not sure why reputable posters are turning on Beasley. He is one of the bright spots on last years **** show. I admire that he has turned his flawed legacy around, and I am glad he is still with our team. I think he is one of the better players on our roster.

1 person likes this.
  10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not sure why reputable posters would talk up Beasley, he was a net negative almost every time he stepped on the court last season. Sure, he scored some points, but he gave up even more on the other end.

He's one of the worst non-rookie players on the entire roster when you look at the entirety of his game. With Jones and Terry gone, he's by far the worst defender on the roster.

11. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Depends what +/- stats you use. While on the court, he outscored his opposing PF by a huge margin. But most stat sites do not track matchups, they just do general On/Off court +/-.

12. Jontro

Jontro Member

First the court and now Beasley's number. Why aren't we informed of these huge changes?

13. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Would love to see your net negative stats. Seems to me like he was keeping us in quite a few games when James went to the bench.

14. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

On a team that had one of the better rosters in Rocket's (recent) history we sure did our best not to meet expectations. Beasley played pretty well considering his NBA career, we are all aware by now that he's not going to be a lock down defender. I agree on him being one of the bright spots last year. I'm definitely glad we were able to keep him because Dmo's situation isn't looking too promising right now and we do need another big to play back up minutes at the SF/PF.

15. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

He was the only player other than Harden who could get his own shot. Particularly valuable when Harden was on the bench.

1 person likes this.
  16. CertifiedTroll

I agree. I think he is valuable as a 6th man. Especially on a team constructed with no true PG or legitimate second option.

17. Fantasma Negro

He was the second best player on the team last season, he was the second leading scorer playing 16-18 minutes a game. Don't be disrespectful #6easGod

1 person likes this.
  18. PhiSlammaJamma

It's sad that Beasley makes our team better, it's even sadder that the Rockets are one top 16 teams.

19. Fantasma Negro

Why is that sad, Beasley is a talented versatile player. He's the perfect power forward for D'Antoni's system. I don't get what people's beef is with Beasley

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's not really beef, it's just that he's not good at basketball and he makes the team worse when he's on the court.....even if it looks exciting. It's really no different than with any bad player.