1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

13 year-old Tyree King shot and killed by police

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Snow Villiers, Sep 15, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/po...n-found-at-scene/ar-BBwbhTj?OCID=ansmsnnews11

2. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

1 person likes this.
  3. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Not gonna blame officers here. But if it was clear he wasn't a threat use a ****ing taser you apes. All those tax dollars and years of training aren't to pump lead into any perceived threat.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Maybe it's just a "Why come bad things happen sometimes?" type of thread.

5. Dei

Dei Member

Good he deserved it.

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

You just said that it was a good thing a 13 year old kid died. Wow.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Sometimes it is. When you have a 13 year old who is already an armed robber.....well his death means that he won't get to victimize anyone else. His criminal career was cut short.

2 people like this.
  8. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

What if we gave no value to life at the threshold point at how useless bobby's life is? Anyone at the threshold of bobby's lack of contribution to society, we shall place no value to their life.

I wonder if bobby would be cool with that?

9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

He was a robbery suspect by the way, while it was very likely he used the gun to rob someone the key term here being suspect.

Also, I'd like to you know of your crystal ball. Apparently anyone that has committed a crime is now a career criminal that deserves death.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

When you are already an armed robber at 13, what career path do you think they are going down if not that of a criminal?

As to "deserving death" I don't think the fact that he was a bad person means that he deserved death, the fact that he tried to pull a gun on a cop (even if it was a BB gun) when stopped means that he deserved death.

There's no shortage of people so these aren't the kind of people we need to be mourning the loss of. Hell, his death could have prevented him from killing someone when he got a bit older. Let's worry about good people or innocent people rather than crying about scumbags.

11. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet
    Supporting Member

Armed robbery suspect shot by police when he pulled what appeared to be a gun on officers attempting to arrest him. Seems alright to me.

1 person likes this.
  12. Dei

Dei Member

[​IMG]

That's kinda extreme even for me, man.

13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greg_Mathis

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danny_Trejo
    http://www.lawton911.com/newsletter...-states-to-become-an-honorary-police-officer/

I mean I could go on and on.

Should the officer receive any flack for this? No. There is no way for the officer to know in this situation if it happened as described.

But to assume the kid is going to be a lifelong criminal is harsh. He's a 13 year old kid. 13 year old kids do stupid ____ sometimes. Some of them live and learn and some of them don't.

14. Dei

Dei Member

I think he's saying that in terms of likelihood of the kid pulling the same thing off rather than like pre-crime.

But yeah he deserved to die. I just stop at kid has something that looks like a gun.

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Awesome, you found a few exceptions where people turned their life around. Most of the time, that doesn't happen. When you are already to armed robbery at 13, it doesn't end well very often.

Either way, it's besides the point, he'll never get a chance to continue his criminal career or turn his life around because he pulled a gun on a cop.

16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

How would you know the likelihood of someone you know little about? For all we know it was a scared kid that was peered pressured to do something he didn't want to do and found himself in a situation he didn't know how to handle.

No, he didn't deserve to die. Armed robbers even the the harshest of them don't get the death sentence. You must have some hubris to sit there and say who deserves to die and who doesn't.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL it is interesting the people who always go to bat for the worst people. They see criminals as innocent victims.

18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Actually, it does work. Not in this country the % is around 20 but in other countries it is much higher.

Glad to know we have a guy with a crystal ball though.

Who said he's innocent? Quote me where I said that.

19. Dei

Dei Member

Armed robbery. Looked like he was going to shoot police.

20. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Bobby is the type of person who thinks it's 'cool' and intellectually superior to not possess empathy.