1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden's New Signature Shoe

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by el gnomo, Aug 24, 2016.

1. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

Yeezy's are a nice pair of shoes, but not everyone can be a fan and that's fine. What isn't fine is when people attack each other for their different taste. You like the shoes? Cool. You don't like the shoes? Cool. You don't have to be a dick about it.

2. cheke64

cheke64 Member

3. Fantasma Negro

4. Fantasma Negro

5. touring_low

touring_low Member

Looks good, just like what Morey posted. Still wished they put his beard somewhere in it.

6. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

Not as bad as they could have been. I don't like the toe.

7. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't love the colorway but the design is solid.

8. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

The red and white color combination is pretty solid

Edit: on second thought dem black and white with the red accent are fiiiyah

9. Joseph Ho

Joseph Ho Member

It will be cool if they have Ultra Boost or Pure Boost like cushioning. I doubt Adidas would screw Harden's first shoe up. Adidas has been coming out with some awesome shoes lately. The Ultra Boost, NMD, Pure Boost Prime.. etc. I usually buy Nikes but starting to swayed towards Adidas. Those NMDs and Boosts are Fire

10. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

They did incorporate ultraboost in the design just FYI. And I agree, adidas has been coming out with some shoes only problem now is their better shoes are so hard to get it's becoming annoying.

11. craguin

craguin Member

^^^ If the video in Jerome's tweet is not playing for you inline, click on the "3:36 PM - 22 Oct 2016" part to go directly to the tweet with video.

#111 craguin, Oct 22, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2016
  12. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Id rock them.

13. craguin

craguin Member

The colorway variations taken from today's adidas press release:
    [adidas.com - 22-OCT-2016] James Harden and adidas Wake the Game up with Harden Vol. 1
    [...]
    “This was my first time creating a shoe from the ground up. With adidas, we wanted to stand for something different, be true to who we are and that’s how we separate ourselves,” Harden said. “This was a once in a lifetime opportunity and all the work we put in together is what makes this genuine. We’re open to each other’s opinions and we weren’t going to just put shoes on the shelves and say ‘This is James Harden.’ It’s built for how I play and you’ll see my style, different moods, the little details and stories that represent who I am.”

Harden Vol. 1 Pioneer launches December 3 for $140 on adidas.com with additional colorway drops throughout the season. The apparel collection is available this fall.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#113 craguin, Oct 22, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2016
  14. h-townfan

h-townfan Contributing Member

Not feeling the toe box. Too basic

15. onreego

onreego Member

Adidas basketball shoes are so chunky. Got the crazylights and they seem so big compared to my kobes.

16. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

Kinda disappointed theirs no A1 colorway

donkeypunch likes this.
  17. motleydeflep6

motleydeflep6 Member

December 3rd seems too far, figured they'd be out next month but for $140 that's not bad

18. TexxasBoy

TexxasBoy Member

The shoe is ugly. Imagine that with jeans. That big ass toe box bruh. Adidas always making these ugly ass shoes. I wish Nike woulda gave him a deal. I know deep in James soul he wish Nike had the same deal on the table.

19. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I feel like I've seen some kind of variation of these. Hasn't Harden already worn these on court last year?

20. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Reading the reason why they designed the shoe the way they did for Harden (and not for us because they're not paying us $200 million) makes sense, especially the toebox portion. THAT being said, however, anyone that's played basketball enough knows that shoes with leather toe boxes without perforation (or some kind of ventilation) will heat up your feet fast...like really fast. I hope the mesh part of the shoe compensates for this.