1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you still like James Harden if he wasn't on the Rockets?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by True Rocket, Sep 13, 2016.

?

Would you be a fan of Harden?

1. Yes

87 vote(s)
    50.9%
  2. No

84 vote(s)
    49.1%
  1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

This is an opinion thread. You can have a different opinion you know. You just aren't going to change mine. ;)

Why so defensive?

2. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Yes. I was a fan of Harden's before the Rockets traded for him. So I was excited when it happened.

I like watching great players, play. Everyone has their own style. What I appreciate most is that Harden is WILLING to be physical. Most players shy away from contact. So I respect Harden's willingness to accept the contact and battle.

3. Fantasma Negro

This is no bull****, I sent Morey an email begging him to back up the brinks truck for James when he had one more year on his contract in OKC. Four months later he was a Rockets, I guess Morey didn't want to wait until free agency. James is the type of player ppl hate on because he's not on their team. As a member of the thunder, I loved his performance in the playoffs against the Spurs and how he defended Lebron in the finals. I'd definitely still be a fan if he we'rent a Rocket, but I'd wish he were a Rocket lol

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

oh thats fine. usually i do see where the other side is coming from but in this case not really. but hey by all means carry on

5. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not a Harden nuthugger by any stretch of the imagination, but I'll take issue with the work ethic complaint. Go back and watch that video of James's biography that was done last year, and you'll get a hint of what kind of work ethic he has.

Just because he ain't **** for defense sometimes doesn't mean he doesn't have a work ethic. :grin:

6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Despite his uniqueness, he doesn't have a cult following

7. tksense

tksense Member

Work ethics include the D side. Game time is "work" also. Yea we all know he goes to work, but on the other end....:(

8. SportsFanatic

SportsFanatic Member

This was the game that made me a huge harden fan

<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/FIcVUzMwkWk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  9. HardenTime

HardenTime Member

i would feel more sorry for him if anything. The guys puts up jordan level numbers and gets crapped on by the media, did you know he has scored more total points than steph curry despite being a sixth man for his first 3 years of his career

op you are assuming the thunder traded harden to a different team, not named the rockets i suppose

10. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

not sure I completely agree. There's a difference between "work ethic" and "effort." I'm as critical as anyone about James's effort on the defensive end. But I think that's different than his overall work ethic.

here's the video from last season.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/YLVY5XgzalQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

11. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Absolutely would not like him. I'd like his step back jumper, but I'm not a big euro-step fan and I love defense. I much prefer the athletic high flyers and acrobatic moves like Tmac jumping from one side of the rim to the other while screaming "ahhh ahh ahh" while not being touched. :)

12. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Dude is straight out of the 70s. Basketball and b****es, what's not to like?

13. crimsonghost

crimsonghost Member

**** no, Rocket or hate u, unless you are Luis Scola

14. photojoe

photojoe Member

This was the game that made me a Harden fan

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/SkfEKKECzGo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

15. Fantasma Negro

You sound like one of those media types that only watches the national televised games and draws an opinion off of one play up 6 in the fourth quarter with 30 seconds left

16. Jontro

Jontro Member

I never liked his beard.

He needs to delete all of it and keep a soul patch.

17. Levi

Levi Member

I got into the rockets because of James harden so of course

18. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Almost all non-Rockets fans I met dislike Harden.

19. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I didn't vote because it isn't a public poll. To answer, I'd follow his career if he left, and will probably be a fan when he wasn't giving the Rockets fits. Not to the degree that I feel about Luis, who I wish were still a Rocket. Hopefully, we won't have to make a decision because James' is still with the Rocks.

20. tcadriel

tcadriel Member

Nope, I barely like him now. This is the year that will make it or break it. No more Howard, no more excuses. Can he reel me back in? Or does he push me into the Tracy Mcgrady level of disgust? Time will tell...