1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you still like James Harden if he wasn't on the Rockets?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by True Rocket, Sep 13, 2016.

?

Would you be a fan of Harden?

1. Yes

87 vote(s)
    50.9%
  2. No

84 vote(s)
    49.1%
  1. J.R.

J.R. Member

"Most Rockets fans love Harden and are glad to have him."*

*Except those on CF. :p

FWIW, we had a similar thread in April.

If Harden wasn't a Rocket would you still be a fan of James Harden's game?
    44% Yes, I would still be a fan of his game
    37% No, I only like him because he is a player on my favorite team
    19% I was never a fan of James Harden's game and wish he wasn't our best player

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

lol rec leagues. Been in over half the respected leagues all across houston and proper euro steps are definitely not as common as you make it seem and half the time they result in violations

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

half the time harden does one it's pretty much a violation but you can travel in the NBA.

4. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

harden is on the rockets and i don't like him, lol.

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

yeah this pretty much explains it now. you don't know what a euro step is. no wonder why you think its so common in your "rec leagues for years" lol

6. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

That's a 56% No vote.

Right after the season ended. haha. But only 235 voters

7. REEKO_HTOWN

Think whatever the hell you like. I'm just saying what I've seen watching basketball for over 15 years. I like Harden, he's a Rocket but that's where my loyalty to him ends.

They make YouTube tutorials on how to eurostep.

Let me know when they make tutorials on how to tomahawk dunk or reverse baseline layup. You probably think Golf is just as athletic as basketball.

8. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Yeah, something called a "Euro Step" is traveling everywhere but the United States. Does that make sense?

The Euro Step, and other moves that look like traveling, are not, because the player successfully executes a "Delayed Gather." You don't see that much in rec ball, or HS or NCAAs. A delayed gather is not natural, and when used as the start of a Euro Step, it limits your ability to leap at the end.

Delayed Gather = Lead foot when in full stride is actually the pivot foot (Step Zero)

Most All Fans incorrectly think that lead foot is Step One...thus why they incorrectly think it is travelling.
    Most players make their back leg the pivot foot, because that's the natural way for jumping/dunking, thus you don't see delayed gathers too often.

9. Rocketeer4Life

Geez I don't even like his game with the Rockets.
    Not a fan of iso-ball and lack of defense.

10. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

He was my favorite player not a Rocket when he was with the Thunder. So, yes.

1 person likes this.
  11. YOLO

YOLO Member

how's that working out these days? You can count a handful of guys that can properly execute this move on a regular basis in the league right now

12. photojoe

photojoe Member

I like the Rockets. I like all the players on the Rockets. Sometimes there players that I think we should trade, but until or unless we do I am a fan of that player.

I don't like any other team. I don't like other players on other teams. Sometimes there is a player on a another that I wish we could trade for, but unless we do then I wouldn't be a fan of that player.

Something that I feel like I have noticed happening more recently is there are so many fans that are fans of a specific player instead of a specific team. I'm actually the exact opposite. I'm a ROF (Rockets Only Fan) and always will be.

13. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

"Not very athletic"
    Send me a video of you jumping 38in off the ground and then ill call him unathletic. Have you seem him with a full head of steam? No, not when worrell says he is. When he ACTUALLY is going coast to coast full speed. You try it bud

14. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Came to say this

15. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

....not really?

16. REEKO_HTOWN

Just because you do the move regularly doesn't mean anything of significance. It's a move players use when comfortable and Harden is very comfortable making it. He relies on it because he's good at it and probably because he's not that athletic as a finisher. If he had springs like Westbrook or Wade he probably wouldn't use it as much.

17. REEKO_HTOWN

If Harden doesn't create contact with an opposing player at all how do you think his game would fair? Not only that but if the league were to change the rules on offensive player created contact how would that effect his style?

Honest questions.

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

actually it does have a ton of significance. not sure how that's even debatable. If you're a smart player you should know what you can and can't do. That's funny you mention westbrook because the euro step has now become a more frequent move for him

19. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

1) I'm not saying that refs are not apart of his game. They are. But they are also apart of countless other players. Harden just drives more than most.

2) Why does it matter how his game would fare without such rules? He's a Top 5 offensive player in the league and has been since he's gotten to Houston. All the stats support it. Him doing it in a way that doesn't appeal to you or others is meaningless.

3) I will worry about the NBA changing the rules of basketball when they change the rules of basketball.

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

no idea why you're even equating using the euro step because someone is "not that athletic as a finisher". it has absolutely nothing to do with it. That's called working by adding versatility your offensive game regardless of your athletic ability. But hey i don't expect you to see that because apparently work ethic is questionable here