1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you still like James Harden if he wasn't on the Rockets?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by True Rocket, Sep 13, 2016.

?

Would you be a fan of Harden?

1. Yes

87 vote(s)
    50.9%
  2. No

84 vote(s)
    49.1%
  1. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

Harden is easily one of the most hated players in the league. Most Rockets fans love Harden and are glad to have him. People outside of Houston do not like his game at all. So let's say Harden never played for the Rockets, would you be a fan of his? personally I would still like Harden still because of his craftiness around the rim and ability to break his defender down.

2. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

I was a big fan of him when he was with the Thunder, so I don't see what's different now.

3. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

the hate is strong in the OP

not sure how the players MVP and and elite offensive weapon in the likes of lebron, mj, and nash who elite defenders dread to play with is "easily one of the most hated players in the league" in your eyes

4. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

You think so? Harden is my favorite athlete of all time

5. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

I'm not a fan of non-Rockets unless they were former Rockets who had endeared themselves to the fans (Scola, Lowry, Landry, etc.).

So if he had never been traded to the Rockets, I definitely wouldn't be a fan of his.

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

not so sure about that. he was basically telling it like it is especially outside of houston. His rap on defense amongst other things that we've all discussed over and over does create an image that can easily not make Harden as likeable as the other stars in the league. But i guess saying easily one of the most hated does come off as pretty strong.

7. MistaK

MistaK Member

Yes, loved him on the Thunder already - he was such a difference maker for them. Was amazed at how he performed in the playoffs, especially against LAL and the Spurs.

Was happy when the Rockets got him. I knew he could become a good first option with time. Didn't expect him to come to HOU and make such a difference right out the gate and never did I expect him to become as good as he is.

8. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Pretty sure people on here hate his gut regardless

9. vator

vator Contributing Member

Back when he was on the Thunder, I was a bandwagon OKC fan and rooted for them when they weren't playing the Rockets. He was a big reason for that. They looked like a young dynasty in the making. So yes. I was actually a fan of his game even before he wore the uniform of the home team. That series against the Spurs when they went down 0-2 and came back to win the next 4 and a trip to the finals all happened partially because he destroyed the Spurs.

10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Nope.

His game is 50% dependent on outside factors, he's not very athletic and his work ethic is questionable.

11. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I don't really like players on other teams, but I voted "yes" cause I wouldn't dislike him. I thought he was fun to watch on OKC especially on their finals run.

12. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I think I would respect his game more if he was on another team. Morey got him playing primary pg which doesn't fit him

13. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

the euro step is a very athletic move. Go try it

14. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

He was my favorite player in the league before we acquired him. So yes most def. He truly is under appreciated.

15. rockets13champs

Id prob think of him more like i did on melo when he was a nugget

16. REEKO_HTOWN

If Andre Miller can do the euro step then anyone can.

17. Rocketeer4Life

Geez I don't really love him now, what more if he plays with another team..

I'm not a big fan of iso ball period and poor defense.

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

you're kidding yourself if you think a proper euro step is a anyone can do move

19. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Of course the guy is exciting and skilled as hell. He is unique and I am sure young players all over the world are trying to imitate him.

20. REEKO_HTOWN

correction, anyone with basketball skills. Maybe not 5 year old who can't even dribble the ball between their legs yet. I've seen euro steps, hop steps and hesitation dribbles in rec leagues for years.