1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] How would you handle this situation?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by countingcrow, Sep 12, 2016.

Tags:
  1. countingcrow

countingcrow Contributing Member

https://youtu.be/Xuxm7MW0V0Q

I'm on a mobile phone so I can't embed the video.

2. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Xuxm7MW0V0Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

here ya go. a few hoops that you have to jump through in android to post on mobile, but it can be done.

#2 OmegaSupreme, Sep 12, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2016
  3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

That lady is what is wrong with America - what an entitled little b****.....

Her son even said he hit the car.....

Blaming everyone else for her own issues, and what kind of mom is that? Unreal....

DD

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

One overreaction leads to a huge overreaction.

I hope they know they just wasted the time of a 911 dispatcher and an officer who could be saving lives.

People need to learn conflict resolution and stop acting like children waiting for their parents to come help.

5. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Not to excuse her behavior, which is outrageous, but asking to exchange insurance information because a kid caused a small door ding is bit much no? Looked like a little scratch that would cost like $10 to fix.

6. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Pretty much what DD says, though I doubt this is only an American problem.

I'm a firm believer in having people pass some sort of an exam and obtain a license for having kids. This idiot mother should not have been allowed to breed to begin with.

A few years ago, during Christmas time I was trying to park at a Best Buy. Was looking for parking for the longest time. Finally I found someone pulling out and gave my indicator. This car comes speeding out of nowhere and pulls in to the spot without a care in the world. Out comes this poor old grandma and I proceeded to yell and berate her for a few minutes. I was so mad. But after getting home later on in the day I could not stop thinking about it. I scared this poor old lady and for what...a parking spot?

Last week, I park at a grocery store and this car next to me opens the door and proceeds to ding my car - not lightly either, but not too hard either. I start getting heated a little bit ( I drive a pretty decent car and take good care of it for the most part). Of course out pops this old lady and she is like..."Oh...I'm really sorry son". I didn't even bother checking the ding and said something like oh its okay ma'am.

Everyone's life would be much better if they could just relax and think for a little bit.

/end of self congratulatory post

7. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I feel bad for those kids. That lady is unhinged.

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I feel bad for her kids...

DD

9. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

When the guilty party doesn't agree to pay for their damages, how do you expect to resolve the situation without an impartial mediator?

I don't have the full story, but it looks like the boy didn't control the car's door and struck the white car leaving a huge scratch. White car owners asked the mother to pay for it and that's when she went on her tirade.

10. Dei

Dei Member

"White people". Where are the reverse racism deniers now?

11. REEKO_HTOWN

The other party is Hispanic but kudos for trying pleb.

12. Dei

Dei Member

Doesn't matter. The mere fact it ever came out of her mouth is already an issue.

13. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I'd wager this happened outside the loop, more likely in one of the dump suburbs likely SE Houston.

Having said that, this lady went way over the top. A very wrong way to behave in front of your kids.

14. REEKO_HTOWN

Black folk don't talk with hard Rs here. That's California and more than likely SoCal.

15. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

She punched that car twice bare knuckle. Premiums can suck after a while but there's nothing easier than dealing with car insurance, I don't even know how this gets beyond a five second conversation, even though cocoa loco would have been justified asking for security footage.

16. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Hongry, corr, at-mediately.

17. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

Not much you can do. You could just grab a license plate and try to file something in small claims. Not sure calling police would have been the right thing, but maybe they only started that once the lady started going off.

But, you don't know what was said before the video started rolling. Could have been anything from "Ma'am, I think your son may have hit our car, can we exchange insurance in case we can't fix it ourselves?" to "hey b*tch, your little brat open the frackin door too hard, you have to pay for that!".

18. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

I have to think she had some kind of a bad day or seriously bipolar. Either that or it is all theater to try and get the other people to just decide dealing with her isn't worth the paint fix. She said the kid was 8 and then 7.

So she is also ignorant on top of being racist and homophobic?

You can't get your car washed for 10 bucks. Even if it would easily buff out with compound it would be over that.

19. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

It could cost between $75 to $150 if the metal got dented.

20. mrm32

mrm32 Member

This video made me want to punch my phone.