1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anime watchers out there?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Marteen, May 6, 2011.

Tags:
  1. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

JESUS CHRIST THIS SHOW!!!

They have two episodes left and you would think things would start hitting its conclusion and settling down, but nooooooooooooooooooooooooo. It gets even crazier and less and less predictable. i don't want it to end though :(

2. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

There will very likely be a 2nd season, as the first one won't reach a conclusion (more to say cliffhanger/new antagonist introduced) from what I've heard and the manga+novels are still ongoing.

3. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

I am very much hoping for that. Don't want this show to end up with the list of great shows not getting a second season.

4. mikus

mikus Member

Argh on cliffhangers. That should be accompanied by a release date for Season 2 then.

I've caught up on Mob Psycho 100 and I have the say, the show took a turn the last 2 episodes, and now it's pretty awesome.

5. joesr

joesr Member

I agree on ,Mob. Started off....... Not bad but not good. Now its like ooooooh

6. joesr

joesr Member

Well I probably lose my man card on this recommendation but here it goes.

If you watch other genres other than action or maybe want a change of scenario then try sweetness and lightning. Dont know how to describe this one other than cute. Just cute.

Eh oh well

7. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

They have light novels coming out up to number 10 in Japan before the year ends. I want to get the novels but they are having a slow release in America. The anime is going by the light novel tho so we at least won't have to wait for manga to release first. Hoping a season two announcement comes quickly this is easily my anime of the year

8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

This is a safe space.

now, hand over your man card.

jk, jk.

9. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I've read in the KA comments that this series has a long ways to go before appearing complete. Some estimates are that it's only 15-20% done.

As for material there are a bunch of side stories I haven't bothered scouring around.

There's probably at least 4 seasons worth, if the light novel can finish at a proper pace.

This is a big reason why I don't like LN to anime adaptations...

10. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Just finished season 1 of ReLIFE and holy sh** it's a great show. Easily one of my favourite anime of all-time and pretty deep. And daamn at the twist in the last minutes of the season 1 finale.

Heard the anime covered 108 issues of the manga, which is currently at #133. Urghhh can't wait for a 2nd season.

11. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

Yup! I watch it, it is adorable, but then there's some heartfelt moments.

I'm curious where they decide to end off on. Reading around they say that there's 3 respawn points and we'll have hit that second one with 2 episodes left.

I agree! It's amazing

Going to see koe no katachi when it hits theatres this month.

12. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

13. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Well. Crunchyroll partnered with funimation.

So looks like the funimation shows will finally be posted on Crunchyroll now.

Awesome news.

14. joesr

joesr Member

15. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I've had Funimation and Crunchyroll both for a few years now. As a viewer I much prefer dubs (don't like to take my eyes off the action), but Crunchyroll has always had a far wider selection of new Anime, so I have use for both. Hopefully this means we can get a few more dubs with Funimation likely concentrating even more on that

The extra money to have both is really a drop in the bucket, and I like to support the product, I know how razor thin the profit margin is for Anime in America.

16. nono

nono Member

For someone who hasn't seen anime for a while what are your top 3 animes of the last 5 years ?

17. joesr

joesr Member

Seven deadly sins
    Haiyakuu

Food wars

Cant recommend re zero yet waiting till almost over to binge but nothing but good on that

18. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Steins Gate
    Attack on Titan (may be overhyped, but it's hyped up for good reason)
    Hyouka

honorable mentions
    Assassination Classroom
    Erased
    The Devil is a Part Timer

19. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

Hunter X Hunter
    Attack on Titan

dont have a third but those 2 should be plenty

20. nono

nono Member

Thanks for the suggestions. I have crunchyroll so I'm gonna start catching up on some of these series.