1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Apple September 2016 Event

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by HR Dept, Sep 7, 2016.

1. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

No its online as well. This is from the TMobile website.

http://www.t-mobile.com/offer/apple-iphone-deals.html

2. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

this may seem like a really dumb question...but the iphone you're buying through apples website is unlocked yes?

3. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I just ordered the matte black 32GB and it's not expected to come until Oct 4th. Wish I would've just stayed up last night.

4. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Only if you buy a Verizon phone. They're not selling unlocked phones for presale yet. But Verizon iPhones are always unlocked. Even still, I'm not sure that you'll be able to buy one without already having or registering for a Verizon account.

5. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Well... you could order it on eBay for $900-1100 (day 1 ship), haha, I can't believe people are buying that ****.

6. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

I mean paying 900+ for 32gb

7. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Not an assumption. Rumors for reliable sources have already listed planned features. Apple has already sourced OLED screens.

8. hlcc

hlcc Member

You need a Verizon account in order to pre-order.

9. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

10. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

Well I'm definitely sold on an iphone. I'm making crystal clear calls through an iphone 5s via facetime audio on TMobile's super throttled international data. No other VOIP service can properly function over throttled international data. And not only does it work, but the call quality is more or less perfect.

I'm sure this feature isnt relevant to most people but to me its incredibly valuable so I'll be switching from Android to iOS solely for the communication benefits (iMessage and Facetime Audio/Video). Frankly, I hate the UI and the OS design but Apple is king when it comes to some of the OS features. Google needs to bake in equivalent versions into Android and then mandate that OEM's have to include those items as part of Google Play certifications.

#190 geeimsobored, Sep 14, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2016
  11. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

This is from Apple's FAQ.

12. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

iOS 10 is so dope

13. Sajan

Sajan Member

iOS 10 is kind of ugly and everything just seems so big. i.e. they are wasting a lot of resolution.

14. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

I made voice calls on hangouts dialer on 2g in Mexico on T-Mobile no issues. Calls even show up as my original cell number.

15. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Have you tried any of the Messenger apps and new gadgets?

16. BrieflySpeaking

BrieflySpeaking Contributing Member

I keep wanting to slide my finger thru the screen to unlock my phone which ends up bringing up some other crap.

Still getting used to iOS10

17. Sajan

Sajan Member

You can disable having to hit the home button to unlock the phone.

18. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

I'm liking iOS 10 so far.

But it's looking like I'm not going to get the iPhone 7 that I preordered on tomorrow. And that is pissing me off.

19. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yeah, that's one feature that would be nice for customization.. Using the screen real estate correctly, or allowing mods. I'm sure on iphone 8/10 when they allow 2560/4k screens they might allow that... Can't release it all at once or they'll have caught up with the other manufacturers... soon they might have samsung features of fire/heat source (hopefully not :) )

I think iPhone 7 looks good, I'm just hoping Apple opens up more and more. Maybe going further on features than phones that are older (w/ higher res).

20. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Man that sucks, didn't you stay up to order? I'd be frustrated too, but hey first world problems, right?? I remember getting iPhone 4 on pre-order and got it before the crazies in line. Hopefully not too long of a delay, I think this one is going to be popular for sure.