1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Gary Johnson: "What is Aleppo?"

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Jugdish, Sep 8, 2016.

Tags:
  1. dmoneybangbang

And I responded.... Now you are in deflection mode and haven't addressed anything since.

I can't help it if you are ignorant about the backgrounds of the presidents. You tried to play "gotcha" and you got egg on your face...

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Not intelligently you didn't, so I just reposted what I said so that maybe you'd learn something reading it a second time. That said, I know that you're just trolling so I don't actually expect anything intelligent from you at this point.

Since this is going nowhere, you can head back to your bridge and have a good night.

3. dmoneybangbang

Running away again after getting some knowledge dropped on you. Take lil bobby!

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

On second thought, since you've outed yourself as a mindless troll, and I don't think you'll ever be more than that, this will work as goodbye kiddo.

5. dmoneybangbang

Thought you were leaving with your tail between your legs....? Feel free to address the topic at hand whenever you are up to it.

6. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

No more than Johnson is applying to be a cartographer.

7. dmoneybangbang

Good. So you agree you made a silly statement earlier?

Johnson isn't unqualified due to this one instance but because of his platform and lack of serious political experience.

8. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

No, I was calling out the hypocrisy of those who were disqualifying Johnson for his flub, but not Hilary for hers. I wasn't disqualifying either for their flubs.
    Johnson was governor of New Mexico. Not a huge state, but sufficient political experience to be President. Bill Clinton was the governor of a small state. Grant, Taylor, and Eisenhower had not held any elected office. Hoover was commerce secretary. Abraham Lincoln was a one term congressman with 8 years in the state legislature. George Washington was in the Continental Congress. Political experience has never been a requirement to be President.

9. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Particularly for federal legislature, a fairer analogy is being the partner or MD on a team doing consulting, auditing or securities offerings for Fortune 500 companies in a particular industry or product group, versus running one as a CEO.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Perhaps, but my point was that the troll was discounting executive experience while touting the experience of someone without any executive experience. My personal opinion is that either can be good enough experience to be president, I was just pointing out the flawed thought process of what turned out to be a troll.

11. dmoneybangbang

Well then we are in agreement.

I appreciate you actually putting forth a response instead of falling back into deflections as I was waiting for someone to bring up Slick Willie for modern times.

I don't see any of those folks in Gary Johnson personally. Most of those men were leaders of armies during major conflicts. From the interviews you've seen Johnson give to his platform, what vibe do you get from him? You are absolutely right, political experience has not been a requirement, but aside from Slick Willie, would you find those leaders you listed as having similar backgrounds to Johnson?

I simply find, from an experience perspective, that governor of New Mexico from 95' to '03, doesn't hold much water to what Clinton has done.

12. dmoneybangbang

Lol. Man you are really scared... How many posts do you have in a year troll? Worried I am taking your spot?

13. Nook

Nook Member

Gary Johnson is more qualified than at least one of the two major party nominees. He has been successful as a governor and has also been extremely successful as a businessman.

Gary Johnson's "flub" is nothing compared to the mistakes made by Clinton and Trump.

Johnson won't win, but he and Weld are both competent.

14. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Like it wasn't bad enough that Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton are the two top options.

[​IMG]

15. dmoneybangbang

It's pretty tough to not be successful as governor of New Mexico. You mine minerals and receive lots of federal military spending.

Who could forget Johnson's business experience with his construction company, Big J, where he became rich off military research construction contracts and state government contracts. Gary Johnson is a true libertarian from a libertarian state such as New Mexico that relies heavily on the industrial military complex.

16. dmoneybangbang

I can pat Johnson on the back for his mar1juana legalization, which I adamantly support. However, that isn't close enough to move the needle for me.

17. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

While it is embarrassing that Johnson didn't know what "Aleppo" was referring to, it's also embarrassing that everybody has gotten out the shovels and finished digging his political grave over it when the sentient sun dried tomato in a suit with an (R) next to his name is allowed to continue spewing ignorant, uninformed bull**** day after day after day.

18. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

While I would agree that Johnson is more much more qualified and a much better person to become President of the United States than the republican candidate for President, he isn't as qualified as Hillary Clinton, who has been a senator and held a major cabinet position in the Executive branch.

But whether fair or not, a significant question facing Johnson (as it would any state governor) is his knowledge of foreign affairs. And again, fair or not, his flub will fuel more questions and concerns about his foreign affairs qualifications.

btw, interesting that New Mexico has had so many interesting governors. Bill Richardson was well liked and respected until scandal hit in 2012, Johnson, and now Susana Martinez who has some people supporting her as a future presidential candidate (and she dissed Trump, always a plus)

#98 NewRoxFan, Sep 9, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2016
  19. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Qualified is a very relative term when it comes to Hillary. Many would argue that she may also be the most *dis*qualified person in a long time. Such is the conundrum she presents.

Apparently, there is a lot more to mining minerals than people think. :)

20. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Amen to this. It's something that I still find stunning.

Imagine Hillary Clinton saying even 10% of the crap that Trump is somehow allowed. She would be skinned alive. To speak glowingly of Putin as a strong, decisive, wonderful leader (jeez, how easily Trump fell into that trap, when Putin stroked his ego with a compliment).....? That would have knocked Clinton down for the count. But when you're The Donald? Yes, people are noticing, but still, seems a very different set of rules when you're a billionaire TV personality.

I do wish white Americans who didn't go to college would realize that reality TV is not reality. Trump would have got his "protest campaign", finished with a decent amount of delegates, then slunk off to reap the rewards of further raising his brand. End of story.