1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

UT Football Thread

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Rockets1616, Aug 17, 2011.

1. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

LOL what!? It's too early for us to be that high. At least wait and see how we play UTEP before putting us in the teens.

2. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

At the end of the day, it's just the AP Poll. Doesn't really mean a whole lot. Coaches poll has UT at #20 which is probably more accurate.

3. King of 40 Acres

King of 40 Acres Contributing Member

If anyone's looking for tickets for the UTEP game this Saturday I have two for sale in Section 31 (East side 10 yard line) with a purple checkered parking pass and Corral Club and Champions Club passes.

Pm me if you're interested.

4. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

And here comes the hype. Keep winning so we can shut y'all up on October 29th please.

5. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Every time you post I can't help but tho think of this meme. Same ****, angry little man.

[​IMG]

6. UtilityPlayer

UtilityPlayer Member

This is where UH & UT want completely different things.

7. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Agreed. As much weight as people still give the AP poll, it's completely useless at this point. #20 seems right. They're back in the national consciousness but still have a lot of work to do to prove they're back for good.

8. ItsMyFault

Didn't realize Baylor was still relevant.

9. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

23-17, little brother. Nobody sweats Baylor.

10. UTKaluman597

UTKaluman597 Contributing Member

They'll be alright this year. Its after this year where they will be hurting. So easy for any and every school to recruit against them.

11. Turbo

Turbo Contributing Member

PM sent

12. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Defense looks better (at least faster) and the offense will be just as good. You must work for ESPN. Baylor will climb into the top 10 at some point. Perhaps after we beat Ok State 3 weekends from now. We can bump your post then.

Baylor would be close to #1 if Art wasn't fired. Those freshman that left weren't getting a lot of run. Did you see Texas playing of the Baylor kids bc I surely didn't. Did Duvernay play any?

#7532 sammy, Sep 6, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2016
  13. sammy

You better hope that Lynx Hawthorne is playing QB again (Lulz) because Seth Russell is arguably the best quarterback in the conference and our running game is one of the best in the nation. I like what I saw with Texas' running game as well.

Keep in mind that we'll be coming off a bye week after playing KU. Baylor will be rested and ready. I'll be there if anyone wants to link up at the tailgate.

#7533 sammy, Sep 6, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2016
  14. ItsMyFault

No, I don't work for ESPN. Just didn't realize they were still relevant. You can bump my post all you want, it still won't change what I said.

Guess if it isn't this year, it'll be sooner or later. It happens to every program, even ones that didn't accomplish much during their run.

15. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Teams play the games they're in, not what's on paper. It's not Texas' fault that Hawthorne came into the game, they played what was given to them. Baylor had a chance to go to the Sugar Bowl at home against an incredibly disappointing Texas team and couldn't get it done. Not sure why your trolls are in this thread trying to talk smack when this era of Bears football hasn't been proven to be anything other than a blip on the radar, especially when the team has to sustain its recent success post-Briles.

We're feeling good about beating Notre Dame at home. Even if Briles hadn't been canned, I don't think you could seriously contend for a #1 ranking when you play Northwestern State and didn't win the conference last year.

16. sammy

Then you don't know how much talent we have and coach Kaz makes these kids out perform their star rating coming in from HS

Zach Smith, Jefferson, T Will, Blake Lynch, Hasty. Plenty of young talent. You'll see soon enough. Speed kills and we have it all over the field and this new punt returner is gonna ball out. Don't even know his name but he's effin fast.

17. sammy

Fair enough. One poster talked mess. I think Texas is improved but I also think we beat Texas on Oct 29th making it 5/7. Let's see. I like seeing Texas doing well. It's good for our conference.

18. ItsMyFault

That's nice. I don't particularly care all that much honestly anyway. Probably won't really get to watch Baylor outside of the UT game so that's what I'll probably use as a barometer for what I think of them.

19. sammy

We have SMU and Rice coming up so nobody will pay attention outside of Baylor fans. I would pay attention to the Ok State game to see if Baylor is a legit playoff contender. I think we may surprise people this season and Russ staying healthy is the biggest factor.

20. JeeberD

JeeberD Contributing Member

Go Miners!!!