1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Interested in Carl Landry

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikeyharris, Sep 3, 2016.

1. mikeyharris

mikeyharris Member

2. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I approve

3. Know Your Role

4. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

LOL... Landry and Hayes are both robbed of their athletic explosive youth. It's over... He's not going to anywhere near 2007-09. Not approved.

5. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

I saw him at Katy Mills the other day. Nobody knew who he was... I just gave him the nod & he smiled. I was wearing my Rockets shirt.

Paging RasaqBoi thread coming soon?

6. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

stop wasting talent. give w/e spare minutes landry would get to montezl and the rooks

7. shawn786

shawn786 Member

Carl "The Tooth" Landry

8. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I'll always remember Carl Landry for taking a sharpie to sign my #14 Landry jersey (before one of the Jazz playoff games), and then not signing, giving it back, saying "i'll be right back", and then going to shootaround and into the lockerroom. Haha.

I did enjoy those old Scola/Landry/Brooks days though.

:cool:

9. IVFL

IVFL Member

Sometimes its more than about talent and potential, sometimes its about having a good locker room guy. A true professional that has been around the block and will show these younger guys how to get the most out of everyday. How to work hard. If we get 10 quality minutes a night from him on top of that its just gravy.

Seriously, building a roster is more than having a bunch of young guys to give time to, it has to be balanced with pros that understand their role and wont make waves when they don't feel like their number is called enough. . . . . Heck they might be able to talk a young guy off the ledge when he does not feel like he is getting enough playing time. There is a lot of value in having a guy like that.

10. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Good mid range jumper.

11. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Exactly. Landry is like my age and that explosiveness is gone. It's Montrellz and company that need those minutes. Montrellz showed glimpses of 09 Landry so why?

12. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

He deserves a training camp invite somewhere, even if no guaranteed contract is offered. The good will he developed should position him well to take that Jason Terry locker room presence roster spot here at least. Maybe he'll get an opportunity somewhere with guaranteed dollars, but I can't see it for a contending playoff bound team.

Come home Carl!

13. kjhwang

kjhwang Member

This dude got shot in the leg....and immediately afterwards was still able to run! He's a tough SOB.

14. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Have always loved Carl. Knee injuries and bullets couldn't stop him.

But he's pretty much done as I see it.

I'm against this.

15. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

At what point was Hayes explosive?

16. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/z0i2hMgD1-M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

We could always use another coach.

18. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

The fact that a 6'5 guy could get in position and use leverage to defend 5s is not impressive? He used athleticism to do all that, albeit he did manage to get away with some physical play.

19. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Always been a fan of Carl. He's always had great grit and effort. but at this point in his career and with our present roster... I'm gonna call it a hard pass...

20. ilovehtownbb

ilovehtownbb Member

agreed.