1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV] South Park - Season 20

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ryan_98, Sep 2, 2016.

1. ryan_98

ryan_98 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

it's back on the 14th for season 20!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/q9sJj0otgm8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Xerobull likes this.
  2. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

There'd better be some ******* Donald Trump this season or I am going to be pissed.

3. ryan_98

ryan_98 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

who saw the true identity of skankhunt42 coming? :eek:

4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I heard that if your show hit 10 seasons . .. it is basically a billion dollar property
    (See: Seinfeld)

This show and the Simpsons must be ridiculous amount of money

Rocket River

5. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

SP does half seasons twice a year (or atleast they used to), so I'm not sure it translates quite the same.

6. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Plus those older shows made their money in syndication. I don't think South Park is shown on other networks and it's got an exclusive streaming deal with Hulu.

7. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Was this on at 9 pm central like usual? I could swear my DVR programming guide was saying it was a re-run in this slot.

8. Indaface

Indaface Member

I don't think they will seems like they are using Garrison as his replacement, maybe they thought it would be too easy to use Trump

9. CCorn

CCorn Member

Well his campaign strategy is to purposely try and lose... So we know who he's representing...

10. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Last night was a let down after how great last season was

11. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

It's too bad the season is only one episode long.

12. Caesar

Caesar Member

That was a bit weak and i don't like how they are keeping up the continuation episodes they've been doing the last season or 2. Prefer just stand alone episodes because the topics and jokes end up getting old in these continuation episodes.

13. CCorn

CCorn Member

Yea. I don't find the PC principal funny. I want another dead whale on the moon.

14. Anticope

Anticope Member

South Park is still somewhat enjoyable and I thought the member berries bit last night was creative but man do I miss the simplicity that this show used to have. Case Bonita, World of Warcraft, sending a whale to the moon, etc. The show now is basically a shell of its former self.

15. bigben69

bigben69 Member

They have different writers since then I believe. Bill Hader was even writing with them for a while. I think they will go back to some more simple episodes eventually. I agree though. I did love the **** Magic episodes a season or 2 ago.

16. bigben69

bigben69 Member

They killed off trump last season. I think i read that they thought he didn't realistically have any chance of getting nominated when they did it.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/EJpAJqXyv9w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

17. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

This, the non stop PC stuff, and just strictly following current affairs...this show has become stale.

I miss the "adventures" the kids went on, the stories that went around their daily lives.......

18. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I appreciate that they have reinvented the show a bit in the last 2 years or so. There were about 5 seasons where it seemed like they couldn't come up with any more simple classic episodes and relied solely on current events, it really became stale. Unfortunately, I don't think we will ever get those kind of classic episodes that we used to get in the first 10 seasons consistently. I like that they have the entire season arcs now, its at least something different from the underwhelming stuff they were putting out for a few years, and thought last season was one of the best in a long time. That being said, last night was just boring

19. CCorn

CCorn Member

They just need to make another margaritaville style episode. That one was perfect.

20. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

Just need another cartman or randy-centric storyline.

Personally I thought last season had weak points but it was solid. I love PC principal...

They also managed to make me actually root for garrison and catelyn jenner. They're kind of adorable