1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[VIDEO] Why James Harden is the Most UNDERRATED Player in NBA HISTORY

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by vlaurelio, Sep 2, 2016.

1. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Credit to tj thejav for posting this first in the harden minicamp thread but I think it deserves its own thread

If the guy who made this thread is on clutchfans please reveal yourself so we can thank you

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/UPa49XHTPOE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. rockets13champs

I was gonna share this! You beat me to it!
    #13 taking us to the promiseland

3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

What's the deal with dbags making YouTube videos with 30 jump cuts a minute. Why is that a thing. I hate that.

4. Newlin

Newlin Member

Did he say overrated?

5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Gawd dammit.. Good video, but he played himself and the cause with that opening :mad:

Of course it would happen in a video praising Harden....

6. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

He ain't wrong.

7. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

he kinda lost me at the 4 minute mark with the Dwight harangue. I don't see how that makes Harden the most UNDERRATED Player in NBA History. :rolleyes:

I'm a James Harden fan but did not finish. Way too defensive (the video, not Harden).

[​IMG]

8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

What did he say about Dwight that was untrue?

I would still watch the whole video, skip the Dwight stuff if it's too upsetting..

1 person likes this.
  9. Mr Chuck Norris

Truth is too strong for some of y'all haters I see.

1 person likes this.
  10. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Dude drops the ball in big PlayOff games.. He needs help maybe or a new game plan? Probably. Don't think D'Antoni offers the fix however.

11. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Howard is such a anal fixure... I hate that dude.

1 person likes this.
  12. Rox11

Rox11 Member

seriously! F U COWARD!!

13. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

And one time in band camp....

Harden is totally underrated.

14. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

I tried to take this video seriously but...

THE MEMS ARE 2 STRONK
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

15. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

it was the dude's voice that was upsetting, not the Dwight stuff. But what did he say about Dwight that qualifies Harden as the "most underrated in history"? that's pretty much hyperbole any way you slice it.

I'll go back and finish it for laughs and giggles. But the guy who put it together is still annoying as hell.

16. MistaK

MistaK Member

Yes, better go back and finish watching the video, because he never said that Howard was to blame for Harden being, in his OPINION, the most underrated player in NBA-history.

You can agree or disagree with his assessment but all he really said about Howard was, that it was predictable that Harden and Howard wouldn't quite mesh on the court.

As Rockets fans, I think most of us will agree, that we wished that Howard had set more picks and had rolled to the basket harder. Howard is more talented than many centres in the league, who are billed to be some of the best. The problem with Howard is, that he doesn't play smart basketball, because he lets his ego get in the way of things.

I mean, who in their right mind would go away from what is their strength? Howard wants to be an all-time great center and thinks he can be a modern era Hakeem or something. He has worked with Hakeem, worked on post-moves, but hasn't really improved (actually has gotten worse in that department) since he came into the league.

This is probably what is frustrating for many Rockets fans - it is what bothers me. He could still be a MONSTER in this league, if only he played to his strengths.

Another thing that really bothered me was his constant talk about players having to put their egos aside and next thing you know, he is on TNT openly stating that he QUIT on his team, because he wasn't used the way that was supposedly promised to him when he signed with the Rockets.

Unfortunately it seems, that whenever Howard talks about egos getting in the way, what he really means is, ''I'm not getting my way''.

As for Harden, I don't know if he is the most underrated player in NBA history....but one thing is pretty obvious, he is way underrated at this point. Players and coaches clearly see that he is a great talent and one of the top players in the league. The media and casual fans, not so much - hell there are enough people on this board who don't seem to see how good this guy is.

Does he have his flaws? Sure, no question - no player is perfect. I too hope that he can be focused on the defensive end for the entire time that he is out on the court, but it is ok to cut the guy some slack there, because he has to carry a load, that no other player has to carry.

2 people like this.
  17. HardenTime

HardenTime Member

I wouldnt trade Harden for any player in the league, the only player i would trade him for is a younger LeBron or MAYBE... Anthony Davis

18. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Most underrated in history? Nah. Probably not.

Extremely underrated? Yea, for sure. Half his own fans think he's a bum.

19. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I don't think this is getting to page 2

20. HardenTime

HardenTime Member

he makes WAY more money than JJ Watt, so that means he extremely marketable