1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2016 NFL Preseason

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by J.R., Aug 11, 2016.

1. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

If this is even remotely true, then that means he had a pre-existing injury that he didn't know about, correct? How can your leg snap from a non-contact injury?

2. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Sad for Bridgewater.

I think we all suspected he would struggle with injuries with his small frame, but really sad for the guy.

3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">FWIW, Teddy Bridgewater's injury was called in on the emergency scanner as a dislocated knee. That's not to say that is the full extent.</p>&mdash; Matt Vensel (@mattvensel) <a href="https://twitter.com/mattvensel/status/770756156297846784">August 30, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Given <a href="https://twitter.com/teddyb_h2o">@teddyb_h2o</a> non contact, reaction, practice ended, paramedic, MRI, sedation:<br>Best case is patella dislocation<br>Worst is dislocated knee</p>&mdash; David J. Chao, MD (@ProFootballDoc) <a href="https://twitter.com/ProFootballDoc/status/770745276684308480">August 30, 2016</a></blockquote>

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">That would be worst case scenario. Justifies paramedic and transport to Hennepin. First worry is vascular injury. <a href="https://t.co/ah9J9ALLOR">https://t.co/ah9J9ALLOR</a></p>&mdash; David J. Chao, MD (@ProFootballDoc) <a href="https://twitter.com/ProFootballDoc/status/770761167434199040">August 30, 2016</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Dislocated knee means <a href="https://twitter.com/teddyb_h2o">@teddyb_h2o</a> tore multiple knee ligaments. Let's hope &amp; pray that is all and peroneal nerve/politeal artery are spared.</p>&mdash; David J. Chao, MD (@ProFootballDoc) <a href="https://twitter.com/ProFootballDoc/status/770761861566337024">August 30, 2016</a></blockquote>

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Also, if the reports that he had to be sedated before doing an MRI are true.....I don't see any way this ends well for him.

7. tamericus

tamericus Contributing Member

Damn that sucks for Teddy

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

They updated the statement,

9. conquistador#11

wow, didn't know it was that horrific, teddy's injury. Isn't that what happened to shaun livingston back in the day? he was in danger of losing the leg, now he is slam dunking over fools.

10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Sound Horrible for Teddy

Rocket River
    I'm sure some folx are happy with their 'I TOLD YOU SO's

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Crazy enough, they actually feared it could have been worse than it ended up being. Sure his knee basically exploded but he didn't have any nerve damage or arterial damage.....if he did, it might be a career ender. As it stands, he's probably got 12-18 months worth of rehab so he might get a partial season next year and if things go well then he'd be good to go for the start of the 18-19 season. They'll probably pick up his 5th year option in order to give him a chance to earn a big contract then.

12. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Why even say that last part? I'm not a fan of Teddy's game, but I'd never wish such an injury to him. Feel bad for the kid.

13. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I almost posted the same thing as him, but decided not to.

Sometimes, people around here cheer injury. Seriously.

I hope Teddy makes a good recovery. Shades of Marcus Lattimore and Shaun Livingston. Hopefully he's more like Livingston.

14. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

Hope the best for his rehab and recovery. I'm sure AP can slide him some regimen tips or whatever miracle drugs he used for his recovery. NFC North is just unfortunately cursed with injuries every single year. Must be the weather or something.

Kaepernick is god awful but I can definitely see the Vikings targeting him if he's cut just to trouble the Packers 2x a year :(

15. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

who is this #twitterdoc, he sounds ridiculous. i don't think any serious doctor would post **** like that on twitter.

16. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Hmm... horrible news for Teddy and the Vikes, as this looked like a playoff season at the least and possible SB season.

And yes, no surprises as to who here would post such a thing.

17. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Dr. David Chao?? He was the Team Doctor for the San Diego Chargers for like 17 years I think. Why does he sound ridiculous? He's giving his opinion based on the reactions to the injury. He's actually very well respected.

18. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

really shocked..what a freaky indecent. He was really primed to make a big jump this year.

Not so surprised by select few a-holes and their comments/agendas. Grow up.

19. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

just doing blanket diagnosis and prognosis on twitter without being involved at all is ridiculous. if you want to report an injury as "news" that's fine but anything more is stupid whether you are an MD or not.

20. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Source confirms tibiofemoral dislocation, ruptured ACL for Bridgewater. &quot;Trainers may have saved his leg and career by quick action.&quot;</p>&mdash; Will Carroll (@injuryexpert) <a href="https://twitter.com/injuryexpert/status/770984992084287488">August 31, 2016</a></blockquote>